Sen Julie Morrison + Rep Bob Morgan June 11 6 PM Town Hall Deerfield

InterestedBystander

updated info per Sen web site

http://www.senatorjuliemorrison.com/images/stories/2019/deerfield_joint_townhall_6_11.jpg

http://www.senatorjuliemorrison.com/images/stories/2019/deerfield_joint_townhall_6_11.pdf

Join State Senator Julie Morrison and State Representative Bob Morgan for an End of Session Town Hall.

The event is being held on Tuesday, June 11 from 6:00p until 7:30p at the Deerfield Village Hall (850 Waukegan Road, Deerfield).

Questions?

Contact Senator Morrison's office in Deerfield at (847) 945-5200.

Click on the flyer for more information

Note location has changed. OP changed with new info.

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/5o07N/h/ISRA_Alert_June_11_.htm

ISRA Alert: Anti-gun State Senator Julie Morrison & Freshman Anti-Gun Representative Bob Morgan to hold "End of Session" Town Hall Meeting at the Deerfield Public Library June 11 at 6:00pm

Anti-Gun State Senator Julie Morrison tried earlier this year to pass legislation to make you turn your semi-auto firearms, calling them "Assault Weapons". Well, she'd actually let you keep them, if you registered them with the Illinois State Police first, for $25 each. (SB107

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=107&GAID=15&GA=101&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=115114&SessionID=108) And registration always leads to confiscation.

Near the end-of-session, she became the Senate sponsor of SB1966 - as amended

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=1966&GAID=15&GA=101&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=119887&SessionID=108

after it passed the Illinois House. This is Rep Willis' onerous "Fix the FOID" bill that ISRA sennt many alerts on last month. That bill would require your fingerprints, ban person-to-person sales, unlawfully set price controls on required fingerprinting and FFL transfer fees, and raise the price on your FOID card by at least 400%. Remember that there are court cases and lawsuits in progress that will prove the FOID fees to be an unconstitutional infringement.

While in Morrison's care, SB1966 was held in committee, so it was never called for a vote in the Illinois Senate. She has promised to work the rolls of legislators over the summer to drum up to support for this bill that we can't allow to pass.

Senator Morrison and her district freshman Representative Bob Morgan are holding a Town Hall meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday, June 11 at the Deerfield Public Library, 920 Waukegan Road in Deerfield. This is your opportunity to meet Julie Morrison and address her in person with your concerns. Think about being treated like a criminal for complying up to now with everything your Illinois government has asked of you. Think about being told by hand-wringing politicians which of the firearms you already own are the ones that you get to keep. Or which ones you get to pay to keep. This meeting will be in a public place, you cannot be turned away or forced to register. You need to be there!

Talking points:

SB107:

Bans most semi-automatic firearms in common use, especially the ones that look scary to Senator Morrison and anti-gunners, because they have a magazine, a stock, or a barrel.

Allows the possession of scary-looking firearms if first registered with the ISP for $25, which begs the question of why ban them in the first place?

SB1966:

Blames lawful gun owners for sensationalized violence committed by prohibited persons.

Attempts to make gun ownership a financial and procedural hardship.

Requires fingerprints to exercise a constitutional right.

Bans private transfers that already occur under a background check.

Unlawfully sets price controls on FFL and fingerprint services.

Check out ISRA's website at www.isra.org

Note the RSVP trick below: the link is to an EventBrite registration page. Register your guns and your opinions.

"I'd like to invite you to the upcoming Legislative Town Hall I'm having with Representative Bob Morgan in Deerfield next week.

The town hall is on Tuesday, June 11 from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. at the Deerfield Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Rd, Deerfield. Rep. Morgan and I will provide a legislative update from Springfield as well as a discussion of the issues facing our communities in the 29th district.

This is a great opportunity for constituents to ask questions and get an update on the 2019 legislative session.

You can RSVP for the town hall here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office in Deerfield at (847) 945-5200."

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/end-of-session-town-hall-w-sen-morrison-rep-morgan-tickets-63067621955?aff=efbeventtix&fbclid=IwAR3t_4LC5SUEbZgr1P2QD1CCDMhWVzrYymdtTASMFxYKiva2EYC-z52Setk

ISRA Updated Alert:

http://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/6r9LN/h/Updated_ISRA_Alert_June_11.htm

5bd94d9e-bf69-422b-9ac8-46ff02be84f4.gif

Updated ISRA Alert: Anti-gun State Senator Julie Morrison & Freshman Anti-Gun Representative Bob Morgan
to hold "End of Session" Town Hall Meeting at the Deerfield Village Hall June 11 at 6:00pm

Update 2: The Town Hall Meeting has been moved next door to the Village Hall from the Library. Julie Morrison wants you to register for this meeting. Members have reported that the free registration was "Sold Out", then reported back later that they tried again and had registered. Members wrote asking if they should go even if the registration is closed or isn't working. Here's a clarification:

• The meeting is being held in a public place, the seat of city government in Deerfield. Private security won't be keeping you out, like at Congressman Schneider's recent Town Hall, but there is a maximum occupancy for the meeting rooms in the building set by the Fire Marshall.
  • If you want to register, by all means let Julie Morrison know you are coming. Share this with your friends.
  • Can't register? Don't want to register? Get there anyway.
  • Get there early, get there anyway.

Why is it important to go?

• Julie Morrison wants you to pay a fine for being a gun owner, and wants to take your fingerprints, treating you like a criminal.
  • Julie Morrison wants you to pay a fine to keep the firearms that you own that she thinks are scary, or turn them in.
  • Julie Morrison wants to ban all firearms private transactions, unless they go through decreasing number of newly Illinois-Licensed FFLs for a price-controlled fee that the FFLs can't function under
  • Julie Morrison and the other anti-gunners really want to take all of your firearms, and think the steps above are incremental, the things they can get away with now.
  • Julie Morrison's actions impact all Illinois Gun Owners, you and your friends need to share this with her.

Get there. Get there early, get there on time, but get there. If the parking lot fills up at the Deerfield Village Hall, there's always the Library next door, and there are lots of other parking options just a short walk from the Village Hall.

Click here to signup for your free tickets on Eventbrite (if you want to)

ISRA sent this part out previously:

Anti-Gun State Senator Julie Morrison
tried earlier this year to pass legislation to make you turn your semi-auto firearms, calling them "Assault Weapons". Well, she'd actually let you keep them, if you registered them with the Illinois State Police first, for $25 each. (SB107) And registration always leads to confiscation.

Near the end-of-session, she became the Senate sponsor of SB1966 - as amended after it passed the Illinois House. This is Rep Willis' onerous "Fix the FOID" bill that ISRA sent many alerts on last month. That bill would require your fingerprints, ban person-to-person sales, unlawfully set price controls on required fingerprinting and FFL transfer fees, and raise the price on your FOID card by at least 400%. Remember that there are court cases and lawsuits in progress that will prove the FOID fees to be an unconstitutional infringement.

While in Morrison's care, SB1966 was held in committee, so it was never called for a vote in the Illinois Senate. She has promised to work the rolls of legislators over the summer to drum up to support for this bill that we can't allow to pass.

Senator Morrison and her district freshman Representative Bob Morgan are holding a Town Hall meeting at 6:00pm on Tuesday, June 11 at the Deerfield Public Library, 920 Waukegan Road now moved to Deerfield Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Road (right next to the Library) in Deerfield. This is your opportunity to meet Julie Morrison and address her in person with your concerns. Think about being treated like a criminal for complying up to now with everything your Illinois government has asked of you. Think about being told by hand-wringing politicians which of the firearms you already own are the ones that you get to keep. Or which ones you get to pay to keep. This meeting will be in a public place, you cannot be turned away ( or forced to register?) . You need to be there!

Talking points:
SB107:

• Bans most semi-automatic firearms in common use, especially the ones that look scary to Senator Morrison and anti-gunners, because they have a magazine, a stock, or a barrel.
  • Allows the possession of scary-looking firearms if first registered with the ISP for $25, which begs the question of why ban them in the first place?

SB1966:

• Blames lawful gun owners for sensationalized violence committed by prohibited persons.
  • Attempts to make gun ownership a financial and procedural hardship.
  • Requires fingerprints to exercise a constitutional right.
  • Bans private transfers that already occur under a background check.
  • Unlawfully sets price controls on FFL and fingerprint services.

Check out ISRA's website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think!
Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.

Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today!

I saw some video on it. Biggest highlight was an exchange where someone was pressing her on why registration and a fee would keep people safe

Morrison: you can keep what you have, you just cant buy more. Nobody is taking your guns

(Some more back and forth)

Guy: but if I pay the fine and get to keep what I have, how does that make people safe?

Morrison: you know, you maybe just changed my mind. Maybe we should just do confiscation (applause from MDA)

You cant reason with these people. This guy got under her skin and it showed. Thats what we need to do!!!!!

Edit: heard video is being uploaded. Ill post it here when it is

"Smug" is not a satisfactory demeanor for elected "representatives".

attachicon.gifmeme smug.png

She went FAR beyond SMUG.

She didn't like what she was hearing so she far overreached.

So far that the right federal judge could issue an arrest warrant for Sedition.

Which wont happen but should. These people are dangerous but stupid.

Which is WHY we need to press them exactly like the speaker did. They are driven by emotion, not facts or constitutional law. Play to their weakness and make them go nuts like Morrison did. Did you see the smile on the MDA member’s face when Morrison said that?

http://i.imgur.com/pJHv6rJ.jpg

Through here black shirt, you can see the Everytown flag btw. These people are sick in the head and you will never be able to have a discussion with them. People need to stop trying to reason. They are dangerous and as you can see, are ecstatic about the idea of the police knocking down your door, armed and ready to shoot you, to confiscate your legally owned/obtained firearms

So far that the right federal judge could issue an arrest warrant for Sedition.

Sedition would require advocating for insurrection against the established constitutional authority (i.e., the government, of which Morrison is a member, like it or not). Advocating for orderly change in the established constitutional authority through legal reform is not sedition. That she advocates for social and legal values contrary to those embodied by the US Constitution, while distasteful, is not illegal. Her words do come close to incitement to riot, however, by advocating for the seizure of arms by potentially vigilante MDA mob action (if you can really imagine a bunch of suburban moms kicking in doors themselves).

At this point, I'd say she merely took advantage of an opportunity to inflame her audience with saber-rattling moral outrage. That her audience took her seriously and cheered is something worth publicizing like Pappas' comment about castrating all men for birth control purposes. The words came out of her mouth unbidden. It's not like she was set up.

Did you see the smile on the MDA member’s face when Morrison said that?

Through here black shirt, you can see the Everytown flag btw. These people are sick in the head and you will never be able to have a discussion with them. People need to stop trying to reason. They are dangerous and as you can see, are ecstatic about the idea of the police knocking down your door, armed and ready to shoot you, to confiscate your legally owned/obtained firearms

During the public comments on the Deerfield Semi-auto ban, held in the same room, there were people calling for the ban to be made a felony. I don't remember if anyone made a call for warrantless searches, but I have heard that call before in Oak Park.

What some of the anti's don't get, however, is a door-to-door search has to be inclusive, you can't just stormtrooper in on the ones with FOID cards.

Did you see the smile on the MDA member’s face when Morrison said that?

During the public comments on the Deerfield Semi-auto ban, held in the same room, there were people calling for the ban to be made a felony. I don't remember if anyone made a call for warrantless searches, but I have heard that call before in Oak Park.

What some of the anti's don't get, however, is a door-to-door search has to be inclusive, you can't just stormtrooper in on the ones with FOID cards.

We have done nothing wrong and these vile pieces of trash want us dead or locked up. Anyone who thinks reasoning with them will work has a screw loose. Oh yeah, and...

http://i.imgur.com/AwqXGdY.jpg

She wasn't advocating for orderly change in the established constitutional authority through legal reform.

She seemed to be just making up her own laws on the spot as part of the government.

I'm pretty sure that, in her head, "we" was "the ILGA" when she said "we will just have a confiscation," which meant the ILGA would pass a law banning all arms, requiring the ISP to seize them and to arrest all owners on felony charges if any object or resist. That's not sedition. It's fascism, but it's not sedition.

Clearly the purpose of the "town hall meeting" was not dialogue, but to show her brainwashed and Bloomberg-funded minions how tough she was/is on legitimate gun owners. She has no interest in finding a solution for actual gang violence.

It's ironic how quickly they want to strip our 2A rights and label us as deplorables, while her sidekick Rep. Bob Morgan is committed to fight anti-antisemitism and hate speech against Jews. Morgan's overreach is that criticizing someone's policy stance or behavior would be a crime, not just hate speech. The irony of fascism and ruling class versus subjects is totally lost on them.

I'm going to be bluntly honest. I was wrote about my HS Guidance Counselor and posted it.

Then I saw Lou lurking here and fled to another forum.

I feel like I'm in HS in the deans office just waiting for the SHTF.

That does look like my HS Librarian though.

Me? Lurking ?

I'm going to be bluntly honest. I was wrote about my HS Guidance Counselor and posted it.

Then I saw Lou lurking here and fled to another forum.

I feel like I'm in HS in the deans office just waiting for the SHTF.

That does look like my HS Librarian though.

Me? Lurking ?

Eeeek!

You don’t want that to be recorded on your Permanent Record do you?

Archived