Better:Gen4 or Gen3 Glock 19?

DirtyDieselD

I have both and prefer the Gen 4. I like the more aggressive texturing on the Gen 4 as well as the dual recoil spring configuration. You may like the choice of grip sizes you can get with the Gen 4 but I use it as is, This being said I don't think you can go wrong with either one. The G19 is a nice pistol.

My son has the G19. He bought a gen 4, but had two FTF in the first 50 rounds. He boxed it up and we went back to the store. On the way there he told me he has never had a FTF with any of his Glocks (17-36-30) and wasn't starting now. The store got him a Gen 3 instead and to this day, the still hasn't had a FTF with any of the Glocks with the exception of the Gen 4. Take it for what it's worth.

I have a Gen3 Glock 32 and 17 and about a year ago I decided to buy a Gen4 19.

Comparatively I like the grip texturing and the larger magazine release on the Gen4s. Everything else seems about the same but as the other posters have said it also comes with 3 back straps if you want to change the grip thickness.

You also get an extra 15rd mag with the Gen 4s for a total of 3 mags. Or at least I did. Not sure if that was a promo or if that's just what they give you now.

And I guess it worth noting because of the above post that I haven't had any failures in my Gen4 G19 yet, its been like every other Glock I own. I only have about 1000 rounds through it though and that's not a lot. I have heard however that some Gen4 G19s had problems. I think mostly the early ones when they first came out. Glock made some rolling changes to the recoil spring and extractor over the years on the Gen4s.

I have a Gen3 Glock 32 and 17 and about a year ago I decided to buy a Gen4 19.

Comparatively I like the grip texturing and the larger magazine release on the Gen4s. Everything else seems about the same but as the other posters have said it also comes with 3 back straps if you want to change the grip thickness.

You also get an extra 15rd mag with the Gen 4s for a total of 3 mags. Or at least I did. Not sure if that was a promo or if that's just what they give you now.

And I guess it worth noting because of the above post that I haven't had any failures in my Gen4 G19 yet, its been like every other Glock I own. I only have about 1000 rounds through it though and that's not a lot. I have heard however that some Gen4 G19s had problems. I think mostly the early ones when they first came out. Glock made some rolling changes to the recoil spring and extractor over the years on the Gen4s.

I should add (after reading Mic's post) this was roughly two years ago, so I have no idea as to how early that Gen4 was made.

I've had G23 and a G26 for so long I don't even know (or care) what GEN they are.

Both go bang whenever I command them to with zero functioning problems as long as I use factory ammo. I. - I don't reload.

Glocks are ugly, not estetically pleasing but they certainly do the job they are intended for.

That said, I still love my three 1911 patterned firearms but my EDC is a Glock.

Before making the plunge into the Glock world, I would highly recommend that you try one out first. Some people don't like the grip angle of the Glock.

If you're a fan of the 1911 grip angle, and want a plastic gun, take a look at the Springfield XD, XDM's. Same grip angle so it'll feel natural in your hands.

Some folks don't seem to like the finger grooves on the gun. I don't disagree with them because if your hands are larger or smaller, the grooves won't work for you.

But try one out at the range and see if you like it.

I have both generations. Both run like sewing machines. If you have small paws, the gen 4 grip is smaller to start.

I'm a 1911 guy who learned to shoot and love glocks. They shoot differently than a 1911. So do revolvers. If you want to be a proficient handgunner, you'll need to learn and master how different guns shoot. It's all part of the fun of handgunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived