Photo

Just wondering, if voter ID laws disenfranchise the elderly and minorities, don't firearm background check ID laws do the same thing?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

well i'm glad that some people are asked to show in ID

For voting, or for firearm background checks?

Voting

giphy.gif

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 05 January 2018 - 08:32 PM.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#32 TomKoz

• 3,577 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

Purple on:

Well, when I went into Chicago to vote for my deceased aunt (died in 2010 at age of 79) for the 2012 and 2016 elections, the poll watchers had no problem with me using her expired Drivers License.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#33 Dx54r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

If you have a problem with voter ID cards not being free, then you should have a problem with the FOID costing money.

#34 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,341 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

If you have a problem with voter ID cards not being free, then you should have a problem with the FOID costing money.

Give that man a prize!

In Chicago, that means the prize is that you lose your 2nd Amendment rights! Hahahah!

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#35 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

you don't understand the swamp wants illegals to vote and they don't want us to exercise our privilege to bear arms  

Remember, illegal aliens are cheap labor for cronies.   Crony enrichment.

The RKBA denied means crime goes up, can't do self-defense, more police is needed and that means demand for big government goes up, and that means even more crony enriching. 

You now see a pattern in how illegal aliens voting and the RKBA being denied work together. 

Edited by BobPistol, 07 January 2018 - 03:13 PM.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#36 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

I was just talking about this with some of my coworkers that I wish that they would ask for a ID when i vote
One of the guys said that he always has to show his ID and his voter card I called BS on this have you ever had to show
any form of in ID to vote in this state

I have been asked for ID the last 3 or 4 times I have voted.  This started when there was a realignment of some of the polling places in my area, because a couple of locations stopped allowing polling places, so they had to move.  The first time I was asked, I quite possibly might have made a smart @$$ comment about how I hoped they were also asking non-English speakers for ID.  The Democrat poll watcher (I knew the Republican, so I assume she was the Democrat, at least) looked at me like I had just strangled her puppy.  I suspect that got me put on a "list", as I have never been able to get it resolved.  The last time our County Clerk (who is responsible for the voter rolls) actually happened to be stopping in the polling place when they asked me for my "papers".  She looked at the computer and had no explanation for why I keep getting flagged.  I told her it was at least a little irritating, but I was willing to deal with it if they would JUST ASK EVERYONE.  That was also not a popular comment.

I too, have had to show my voter ID card for both primaries and general elections for the last several years.  This was both before and after they "gerrymandered" the districts around here.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#37 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:24 AM

Voting

15th Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

26th Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation

Voter IDs laws apply equally to everyone, they have nothing to do with status, race, color, nor age.

In most cases they are provided by the state for free.

Potentially your right to vote maybe denied for any reason other than status, race, color, or age, such as not registering or not getting a voter ID.

Gun Rights

2nd Amendment

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

On the other hand the second amendment says your right shall not be infringed. That means without licensing, IDs, fees, tax, etc...

Edited by kevinmcc, 08 January 2018 - 12:24 AM.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#38 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Voting

15th Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

26th Amendment

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation

Voter IDs laws apply equally to everyone, they have nothing to do with status, race, color, nor age.

In most cases they are provided by the state for free.

Potentially your right to vote maybe denied for any reason other than status, race, color, or age, such as not registering or not getting a voter ID.

Gun Rights

2nd Amendment

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

On the other hand the second amendment says your right shall not be infringed. That means without licensing, IDs, fees, tax, etc...

Good point!!

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#39 soylentgreen

• Members
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

I'm fine with showing ID to vote, drive, own a gun, hold a job, go to a public school, have a bank account, hold a credit card, have a mortgage, get any government benefits, etc.

I have six forms of government-issued ID (driver's license, IL CCL, UT CCL, FOID, passport, TSA global entry card). I could easily get more if I felt I needed them. The arguments against voter ID laws fall on deaf ears with me.

#40 chicagoresident

• 1,546 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

I'm fine with showing ID to vote, drive, own a gun, hold a job, go to a public school, have a bank account, hold a credit card, have a mortgage, get any government benefits, etc.
I have six forms of government-issued ID (driver's license, IL CCL, UT CCL, FOID, passport, TSA global entry card). I could easily get more if I felt I needed them. The arguments against voter ID laws fall on deaf ears with me.

So the fact that you need all those Id's to have your basic rights doesn't bother you? And the fact that if you lost some of those Id's your rights would definitely be infringed on doesn't bother you?

I'm really only fine showing ID to vote or enter the country.

Edited by chicagoresident, 11 January 2018 - 03:44 PM.

#41 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

I find it...impossible to believe that the people complaining about voter ID disenfranchising people, also don't engage in ANY of the activities or go to any of the locations listed. Got a job? Then you probably have an ID. Don't have a job? Well, not having an ID isn't gonna help you. Buy booze? Smokes? Blah blah blah boo hoo. I had to show ID to enter the federal buildings in both Chicago and Kansas City (I tried telling them my great uncle's architecture firm designed it, which is the truth, so I'm exempt, and the Marshal just laughed and said "No one is exempt."). Was there because I wanted to learn more about my family's history. e4323d5d15f7eb845572ec1cc7755d93.jpg Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Edited by skinnyb82, 12 January 2018 - 08:24 AM.

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users