Wait time for CCL at this point?

mathewg

Submitted 5/20 With Prints

QC Verified (when checked with the trick) 6/19

Active 6/25

Never Saw Approved, went from "UNDER REVIEW" to "ACTIVE"

Waiting for the mail now.

Are you sure that was 5/20 and not 3/20? 36 days from submitted to active would be a record.

nope, that's correct. I applied the night I completed the course on 5/20. I got my license in the mail 7/2.

Amazing!!

I hope that means that the system is in place to handle the renewals when they start next year.

Submitted 3/26 - no prints.

Still under review.

It would be really nice if I could have it by the 4th of July. I often travel to the south side of Chicago to see family.

I just checked "inspect elements" and it says approved.

Now the wait for Active and the USPS.

I'm at roughly 106 days so far.

Applied 4/8 No prints

Rejected 7/19 - Instructor did not fill training document correctly.

Fixed and Resubmitted 7/20

Anyone know how this affects the process? Over 90 days in and this happens...

Seems that is the kind of thing initial quality control/verification should have picked up unless they just sat on your app for that long. No clue what this does to application timing.

Applied 4/8 No prints

Seems that is the kind of thing initial quality control/verification should have picked up unless they just sat on your app for that long. No clue what this does to application timing.

I dealt with this. I had to send an email to ISP complaining about how long it took for my application to just be reviewed. Next day the status was changed to QC Verified. Only difference is in my case, I resubmitted twice and even though the errors on my training certificate were fixed, they rejected it again for the same thing erroneously.

Applied 4/8 No prints

I dealt with this. I had to send an email to ISP complaining about how long it took for my application to just be reviewed. Next day the status was changed to QC Verified. Only difference is in my case, I resubmitted twice and even though the errors on my training certificate were fixed, they rejected it again for the same thing erroneously.

What did it add to your timeframe?

I'm sort of an odd duck in this. I'm a former IL resident who now lives in Texas with a Texas LTC. I applied for the IL non-resident licence because I occasionally go back up there (Chicago area) to visit family.

The hardest part was finding an IL certified instructor to do the required training part. There are only two IL certified instructors in the whole state of TX. In any case, I got that done and here is where I am at.

Submitted 07/06/18 (no prints)

QC verified 07/22/18 (may have been before this date, but it is when I found out about the Chrome status trick)

From what I have been reading here, it looks like things move relatively quickly after the QC verified stage, but I have no idea how they are handling non-resident licences. I would think it would move rather quickly since I already have my TX licence, but who knows. I did not see any other posts from any non-residents.

I'm sort of an odd duck in this. I'm a former IL resident who now lives in Texas with a Texas LTC. I applied for the IL non-resident licence because I occasionally go back up there (Chicago area) to visit family.

The hardest part was finding an IL certified instructor to do the required training part. There are only two IL certified instructors in the whole state of TX. In any case, I got that done and here is where I am at.

Submitted 07/06/18 (no prints)

QC verified 07/22/18 (may have been before this date, but it is when I found out about the Chrome status trick)

From what I have been reading here, it looks like things move relatively quickly after the QC verified stage, but I have no idea how they are handling non-resident licences. I would think it would move rather quickly since I already have my TX licence, but who knows. I did not see any other posts from any non-residents.

This will be very interesting to see the timing on getting your license. Please do keep us posted.

This will be very interesting to see the timing on getting your license. Please do keep us posted.

Still at QC Verified. I did not read every post in this thread, so I apologize if it's been asked and answered, but does anyone know how often the status web site is updated (i.e. any time during the day, midnight, etc)? Just wondering if I am wasting my time checking it multiple times a day. :whistle:

Sorry guys, I just have to put a "dig" in. So we abandoned IL and moved north of the cheddar curtain so I had to re-apply for my CCW in Wisconsin. Note that my Illinois CCW took 110 days. I applied yesterday at lunch and went online a few moments ago to check status and it is already in the mail. 24 hour turn around! Just wished there was reciprocity. :(

It added nearly a month.

3/24 submitted
5/1 rejected, certificate incomplete(checkbox missing)
5/10 resubmitted
6/6 rejected, training hours incomplete (ISP error)
6/7 QC_Verified
6/26 Approved
7/16 Active

Do you remember the address you used? Its been a few weeks and there has been no change in status. Still sitting at submitted.

I'll send you a PM.

Sorry guys, I just have to put a "dig" in. So we abandoned IL and moved north of the cheddar curtain so I had to re-apply for my CCW in Wisconsin. Note that my Illinois CCW took 110 days. I applied yesterday at lunch and went online a few moments ago to check status and it is already in the mail. 24 hour turn around! Just wished there was reciprocity. :(

There's NO reason Illinois should take so long to get an FOID, CCL or both back to a citizen in the above time frame.

Not prepared, computer software issues or shortage of man power - sorry, no excuse. They've been at this for five years now using our $$ to finance it all.

If these are their reasons, it's falling on deaf ears. Business in the private sector cannot nor will not survive using these excuses.

The company I worked for had an ID, security clearances, travel arrangements, etc and all other applicable paperwork ready to go in 24 hrs.

But - they had to make their money without taxpayer support.

Inefficient - poor results - I have little to no faith in any branch of Illinois Government to operate in a manner that helps the taxpayers - gosh - I wonder why?

(rant off)

The wait was annoying..but...whatever...as long as it is accurate and complete.

Question....given the cost now....how many would pay an additional...say....$100 for "expedited" approval? Say 45 days or less if prints are included?

Not ranting on you so please - PLEASE don't take this that way!!

We're paying them to just do the thing, plus the FOID... Plus the agency is funded by our dollars already!

Some senior citizens have enough trouble scraping together enough cash just to get the "permit". Why should folks who don't have the extra money be on the losing end of the whole deal?

Look at the neighboring states and what they charge!

Just fed up with the ISP and having to pay extra $ to the state just to exercise a Constitutional Right.

Hope the Legislature doesn't decide some day that I need a background check and a permit to write this!

Archived