California will vote whether to split into 3 states

BobPistol

As if having Feinstein and Harris in the US Senate wasn't bad enough- they would have 4 counterparts. No thanks.

But it wouldn't happen anyway. Congress would never approve, which would be necessary for it to happen. If I'm correct, the only time an established STATE split up was Virginia/West Virginia, during the Civil War. But that was under very different circumstances.

I think the hope is that by splitting off the most populous liberal portion you would have 1 liberal state and 2 Conservative leaning states.

If that were to happen (I have a better chance of winning the lotto) instead of 2 flaming liberal senators you would have 2 flaming liberals and 4 conservatives ones.

My $00,02 anyway.

I remember seeing a map of how they were going to split it. They were doing it chicago style so they would get 3 liberal states out of the 1. Gerrymandering the lines.

ETA:

Under the proposal, each state would have about 12.3 million to 13.9 million people.
California- This would include six counties: Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey and San Benito counties.
Southern California- This would include 12 counties: San Diego, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, Mono, Madera, Inyo, Tulare, Fresno, Kings, Kern and Imperial counties.
Northern California- This would include 40 counties including the San Francisco Bay Area and the remaining counties north of Sacramento.

As if having Feinstein and Harris in the US Senate wasn't bad enough- they would have 4 counterparts. No thanks.

But it wouldn't happen anyway. Congress would never approve, which would be necessary for it to happen. If I'm correct, the only time an established STATE split up was Virginia/West Virginia, during the Civil War. But that was under very different circumstances.

Your assuming California is all Dem's. Have you ever met a California Republican? They are as fringe as the left.

For example Patrick Little

IMG_3436-696x1238.png

Yes, that's an Isreali flag...

It's just like in Illinois, you get outside of the major cities and everyone's hardcore Republican. But since the left is extreme in Cali their right ranges from anti government militia types to neonazi types.

But it wouldn't happen anyway. Congress would never approve, which would be necessary for it to happen. If I'm correct, the only time an established STATE split up was Virginia/West Virginia, during the Civil War. But that was under very different circumstances.Your assuming California is all Dem's. Have you ever met a California Republican? They are as fringe as the left.

For example Patrick Little

Yes, that's an Isreali flag...

It's just like in Illinois, you get outside of the major cities and everyone's hardcore Republican. But since the left is extreme in Cali their right ranges from anti government militia types to neonazi types.

Arnie and Ronald Reagan were/are Cali Republicans.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All of the areas would have to approve this. The liberals are not going to give the conservatives any chance at having any power when they can dominate them statewide across the board. You can fugggedddddabbbouddddit with this one!

We all know how Chicago dominates IL politics. This will create 3 LWW states.

North California will be dominated by the LWW's in San Francisco. This will be at best light blue state, but will likely be solid blue.

South California will be dominated by the LWW's in San Diego. This will be at best light blue state, but will likely be solid blue.

The remainder of California will go from LWW to "whoa, drop that crack pipe down" LWW. Blue turning into dark blue to pretty much black. No light here.

I think the hope is that by splitting off the most populous liberal portion you would have 1 liberal state and 2 Conservative leaning states.

If that were to happen (I have a better chance of winning the lotto) instead of 2 flaming liberal senators you would have 2 flaming liberals and 4 conservatives ones.

My $00,02 anyway.

Not a chance.

There'd be two guaranteed democrat states from that plan, and the third certainly leaning democrat. That's almost a dream gerrymander.

No democrat in authority will ever let a state like California or Illinois just split, with the result being a new republican state. The reason for this proposed 3-way split is to add another democrat state, to try to gerrymander the senate and the electoral college.

Archived