Taurus Recall

David59

I sent back my Taurus PT145 for the repair or replacement recall about six weeks ago. Still waiting to hear if they will repair it or replace it. I read a few months ago that there was no repair option available at this time and they would simply replace it with a newer model. Has anyone else sent back their pistol and heard anything?

Good luck. I had a 24/7 PRO CDS in .40 that I sent in. Waited almost a year and a half for a new gun. That was back when they were just wrapping up the lawsuit though, so yours might not take so long. I opted for a PT111G2 in its place, as the 9mm was available before the .40 and i didnt want to wait any longer. My advice would be to utilize their online chat, and contact them every 3-4 weeks.I also requested and received a free magazine for my trouble.

Hah. The suit's law firm (the people who actually profited from the whole mess) were telling members that Taurus was going to take 2-3 weeks to replace the sent-in guns. That remains to be seen.

I have a PT145 in the hopper, myself.

Next Monday will be 6 weeks. I will let you know when and if i hear anything.

Dear Customer,

We are in receipt of your merchandise.
Processing should take approximately 6 weeks from the date of receipt.

Class Members may start filing claims on October 9, 2017.

You are receiving this email because you registered on www.tauruscartersettlement.com to receive updates about the class action settlement involving certain pistols manufactured by Taurus. The Settlement has been finally approved and benefits are now available to Settlement Class Members. You may start filing claims on October 9, 2017. The claims period will run through February 6, 2018.

Good luck to all! After waiting a year I received a Pt11g2 to replace a Pt11 Mil-pro and another 9 months (21 mo total) for a POS PT809 to replace a 27/7 OSS tactical.

They are not giving much of an option, A $200 G2, a discontinued 809 or whatever cash is left, up to $200 (which more likely than not will be about $100).

There is no fix for the class guns!

What I'd like to know what will happen to the NOS guns yet to be sold? Still alot of em on GB.

Let the buyer beware!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally heard back from Taurus. They said they will soon be sending me a new replacement PT 111 G2 pistol. I had a 45 cal and knew that they only now make a 9mm and 40 cal in the G2 but they now say they no longer make the 40 cal. Also they said I can only get it in the flat dark earth/blue color. I guess better that nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Taurus has had some serious issues with their products lately. We have had a lot of complains in the store.

After three months I finally got my gun back, they replaced the ejector and gave me a new clip, I haven['t had a chance to shoot it so I have no idea if it works. Taurus customer service is horrible, they wont answer their phone and the chat option is so bad it's laughable, I started trolling their Facebook page and miraculously my gun was fixed and returned within days. No more Taurus for me.

Taurus has had some serious issues with their products lately. We have had a lot of complains in the store.

After three months I finally got my gun back, they replaced the ejector and gave me a new clip, I haven['t had a chance to shoot it so I have no idea if it works. Taurus customer service is horrible, they wont answer their phone and the chat option is so bad it's laughable, I started trolling their Facebook page and miraculously my gun was fixed and returned within days. No more Taurus for me.

The TCPs were hit or miss. I found that the black SS ones are pretty reliable and the FS black one was returned before I even shot it.

Also most of the issues are usually solved on You Tube but here's a hint if you watched "Shooting The Bull". Most TCPs and some LCPs will not chamber the last round if it's an XTP. The first round loaded in my mags in them are HS so they are the last round shot if you shoot all 7.

I have run hundreds of assorted rounds through both guns and the only thing I noticed was the XTP issue. That's was a problem that wasn't addressed on "Shooting The Bull", he shot 5 rounds of each load so there was never a last round issue.

I have also heard that they had issues since the class action settlement.

I bought my TCPs a few years ago and both are E series black SS. I was apprehensive, especially with the first one which was the FS one. I put the mag in, pulled the slide back and it locked and then it flew forward and bit me. It went back to the gun store within an hour.

They exchanged it for a black SS one with two mags. I shot the daylights out of it and then bought another one for $180. I have one in both of my vehicles as a last resort in pocket holsters.

I have a LCP II and have had no problem with the XTP round. It has never failed to feed. I can't comment about the earlier LCPs.

I almost bought a TCP, but I'm glad I waited. I got a Remington RM380 for $99.00 and it has been flawless straight out of the box. I've been shooting it for 3 months and I haven't had a problem yet. When its not at the range it is my bathroom gun.

I have a Taurus Millennium G2 PT111 which has been problem-free. I don't shoot it a lot, it mostly sits in a GHB, but I've had it for a while and when I've taken it to the range I haven't had any failures.

That's why I buy , Glock , S&W , Sig or Springfield . They all get recalled these days but those for me have gotten things done fast . If I wanted a different model gun I would have bought it instead of the one they recalled .

I have several Glock and Sigs. The Glock had a recall on the recoil springs and the exchange was painless. I called them and within a week it was all done. Never had a recall on a Sig.

Basically those are the only handguns I have.

• 1 month later...

Archived