Missouri Senate Bans All Federal Gun Control Laws in Proposed Bill

InterestedBystander

I always chuckle at the notion of moving to another state because they will "ban" Federal Law on 2A.

So youre willing to violate Federal to own something but unwilling to violate State law?

Unless Ive missed something, Im pretty sure the Feds are the ones you dont want to tangle with in these matters.

Why not just do whatever you want right here in Illinois? Apparently law has no meaning to you. Whether we deem it Constitutional or not its still the law until it isnt.

Wouldnt this mean the anti crowd is correct, theres no such thing as law abiding gun owners? At least not in Missouri if this becomes their law.

It's not that I would suddenly start ignoring Federal laws (being a test case isn't in the cards for me at least until my kids are grown) but a law like this indicates Government that doesn't have their head buried in the fourth point of contact, unlike our current elected morons.

While the proposed legislation sounds delightful, I don't think it has an icecube's chance in Hades. How long do you think it would take the feds to "withhold" monies owed to the state for road projects, gasoline taxes, Medicaid reimbursements, and food stamps? With the feds holding the purse strings, the state will "dance to their tune".

While the proposed legislation sounds delightful, I don't think it has an icecube's chance in Hades. How long do you think it would take the feds to "withhold" monies owed to the state for road projects, gasoline taxes, Medicaid reimbursements, and food stamps? With the feds holding the purse strings, the state will "dance to their tune".

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/12/28/states-dont-have-to-comply-the-anti-comandeering-doctrine/

There is Supreme Court precedent that the feds can't deprive a state of funds to coerce them into compliance with something the state deems unconstitutional.

Archived