• 174 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:32 PM

https://membership.n...aignid=XM032313

For a limited time, including life memberships for $600

#2 cola490

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:13 AM

Back in late 2013 the NRA ran a promotion if you were sponsored by a Life Member the cost was $300.00 for a Life Membership. IIRC.
NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3 InterestedBystander

• 4,273 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:09 AM

Back in late 2013 the NRA ran a promotion if you were sponsored by a Life Member the cost was $300.00 for a Life Membership. IIRC.

I believe that sponsorship still exists but it was $600 the last time I checked for someone.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️

#4 kyle50cal

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

I'm ready to bump my membership up past life member. I passed on a deal I got a while ago to move to the next level and now regret it. I can't remember what is past life membership. Benefactor or endowment. I actually don't know how to do it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

#5 InterestedBystander

• 4,273 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

I'm ready to bump my membership up past life member. I passed on a deal I got a while ago to move to the next level and now regret it. I can't remember what is past life membership. Benefactor or endowment. I actually don't know how to do it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

There is Endowment, Patron and Benefactor I think but dont recall what the sequence is. On sale you can usually get each step up for $300 iirc instead of $1k+. The link I had for 2018 discounted upgrades is expired but I received a phone call this week offering an $300 upgrade so they are still out there. If you dont find a link, maybe try a call to the membership line.

https://membership.n...s/superlife.asp

Edited by InterestedBystander, 15 April 2018 - 09:24 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️

#6 Quiet Observer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

Both the NRA and ISRA do these special offers periodically.

What are the benefits of the various levels other than getting another pin and certificate?  Why does the NRA send a new life membership card every year?  

I have been a life member of both and of the California Rifle and Pistol Association since the late 1980s.  

What difference does it make to the running of the organizations if I do an upgrade, or every few years send in a donation? 

Edited by Quiet Observer, 15 April 2018 - 04:45 PM.

#7 JTHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

There is Endowment, Patron and Benefactor I think but dont recall what the sequence is. On sale you can usually get each step up for $300 iirc instead of $1k+. The link I had for 2018 discounted upgrades is expired but I received a phone call this week offering an $300 upgrade so they are still out there. If you dont find a link, maybe try a call to the membership line.
https://membership.n...s/superlife.asp

You got the sequence correct IB.  It starts with "Life" as the most basic Life membership, followed by the 3 you mention.  I've been Endowment Life for about 15 years (don't remember exactly when) when they had one of those "half price specials".  They keep trying to get me to go higher but having started SoSec. early, I have to be more careful with my money.

Besides, with their "support" of the bump stock ban (and other things), I'd rather send some funds to the Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org) and Gun Owners of America - on general principles.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#8 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:09 AM

As a recruiter for the NRA I will say this... It's getting harder and harder to promote memberships under this current leadership backing so many gun control legislation such as bump stock bans and order of protection etc... I actually want a gun rights organization to stand up for my gun rights, not compromise those rights away. If I weren't a life member I would not renew this year. I joined GOA a few weeks ago.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#9 bmurph44

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

As a recruiter for the NRA I will say this... It's getting harder and harder to promote memberships under this current leadership backing so many gun control legislation such as bump stock bans and order of protection etc... I actually want a gun rights organization to stand up for my gun rights, not compromise those rights away. If I weren't a life member I would not renew this year. I joined GOA a few weeks ago.

The NRA could start by distancing themselves from crazy Ted Nugent, as long as he is a board member they’ll never get a penny from me.

#10 tbrooks

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

Renewed....it's the without fault but the best we got right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users