no guns = no LE cards a thought UPDATED X1

Tvandermyde

So as I read the no guns = no $$ threads, I started wondering.

Thee are a bunch of LEs that hang out here or former LEs. So what would it say if there was a card that had somehting like:

"I noticed that your business has posted the no concealed carry sign at your entrance. As a current/former Law Enforment official I am dissappointed to see this. People with concealed carry have been trained, vetted and passed many background checks. But you seem to feel that they are unwelcome in your business. So I must assume that you don't particularly care for me and my cayring of a gun either.

Since you may not know that I am Law enforcement, I could be subjected to you calling the authorities to have them check me out. To avoid that for both of us, i will just refrain from coming back. and at the same time, I will tell my fellow LEs that we are not welcome in your establishment."

Now on those places that HAVE to post, I relaize its a bit different, bars and Schools, but for the creidt unions and other places, seems like it just might get their attention.

thoughts?

NEW Language:

I noticed that your business has posted the no concealed carry sign at your entrance. As a current/former Law Enforcement official I am disappointed to see this. People with concealed carry have been trained, vetted and passed many background checks. But you seem to feel that they are unwelcome in your business. This may also become an advertisement to criminals that you are easy pickings.

Since you don’t want LAW ABIDING citizens to carry or bring a gun into your business, I must assume that you don't particularly care for me and my carrying of a gun either.

You may not know that I am Law enforcement, and I could be subjected to you calling the authorities to have them check me out. To avoid that for both of us, I will just refrain from coming back, and at the same time, I will tell my fellow LEs that we are not welcome in your establishment."

part of the idea of this thread was to help flush out the language. I'm not completely happy with it. it isn't as punchy or thought provoking as I would like but it got the idea across to you guys.

I really want to say more, but some of it would be unprofessional and could be considered in poor taste.

any re-wrotes and ideas are welcome. I am more than willing to get some printed up and share them. we can even go double sided if necessary.

I went out to grab a burger downtown with a buddy a few weeks ago while he was on his lunch, he is a CPD and works that beat, we noticed the "no guns" sign, he politely told the manager as we were leaving that since he sees no difference between cops and ordinary citizens with regards to rights he will not be coming in with his weapon while on OR off duty, and next time they have an unruly drunk ,which they have every weekend' that he will wait outside o the curb for the drunk to come out to him as not to violate their sign

Has a current / former LE "official" EVER been charged with carrying while in a bar??

I've known/seen more than a few consuming massive amounts of alcohol carrying in a bar. They didn't appear to worried about weapons charges.

My fathers best friend when he lived in NYC was a plain clothes NYPD officer. He would ask my dad to carry his service weapon when he had been drinking too much at the bar. This was the 70s though.

"OMG OMG OMG (picks up phone) Is this the chief of police ? ...One of your officers came to my business today and told me the police won't help me anymore because I have a no guns allowed signs up."

Ya I can see that happening already. Leave the names and departments out of it thats for sure lol.

That would be my only concern, that the current LE's might get in trouble with their respective departments. Other than that, I think it's an outstanding idea that would carry weight with the shop proprietors.

I really like it. But we need to keep it short and sweet if it will be on a business card.

I was playing with photoshop for a few minutes, I like the clean short and simple, I think I'll just do something like this with vista and be able to get 1,000's of cards cheap and be able to leave them like hookers cards in Vegas if I need to. (suggestions/corrections welcome, photoshop file/pieces or whatever emailed) I guess maybe I can do some fancy edge shading still or something I don't know I like the nice bold clean white look. And yes OF COURSE that's a Sig, I do have some standards ;)

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/images/card.jpg

With it being law enforcement related, why not have some sort of mention on the time it takes to react to the situation, phone authorities and the law enforcement response time compared to reaction time of a trained law abiding patron entrusted by the state already within the establishment

Guess you can't make it too lengthy, but the concept is an awesome idea

I really like it. But we need to keep it short and sweet if it will be on a business card.

I was playing with photoshop for a few minutes, I like the clean short and simple, I think I'll just do something like this with vista and be able to get 1,000's of cards cheap and be able to leave them like hookers cards in Vegas if I need to. (suggestions/corrections welcome, photoshop file/pieces or whatever emailed) I guess maybe I can do some fancy edge shading still or something I don't know I like the nice bold clean white look. And yes OF COURSE that's a Sig, I do have some standards ;)

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/images/card.jpg

I like it. Is there something that can be added that the card is "Law Enforcement" dispersal? It sounded like Todd wanted something for LE to hand out that are pro 2A?

NEW Language:

I noticed that your business has posted the no concealed carry sign at your entrance. As a current/former Law Enforcement official I am disappointed to see this. People with concealed carry have been trained, vetted and passed many background checks. But you seem to feel that they are unwelcome in your business. This may also become an advertisement to criminals that you are easy pickings.

Since you don’t want LAW ABIDING citizens to carry or bring a gun into your business, I must assume that you don't particularly care for me and my carrying of a gun either.

You may not know that I am Law enforcement, and I could be subjected to you calling the authorities to have them check me out. To avoid that for both of us, I will just refrain from coming back, and at the same time, I will tell my fellow LEs that we are not welcome in your establishment."

"Your business has posted the "concealed carry prohibited" sign at your entrance. As a current/former Law Enforcement Official I am disappointed to see this. Concealed Carry License holders have been trained, vetted and passed numerous background checks, yet you make them unwelcome in your business. Furthermore, you have advertised to criminals that this establishment is an easy target."

"Since you do not want law abiding citizens to carry a concealed gun into your business, I assume you do not approve of me carrying one, either."

"You may not realize that I am Law Enforcement and call the authorities to check me out. To avoid that for both of us, I will refrain from coming back. I will also share with my fellow LEO's that we are not welcome in your establishment."

???

Your business has posted the "no concealed carry" sign. As a current or former Law Enforcement Officer I am disappointed to see this. Concealed Carry License holders have been trained, vetted by the State & passed numerous background checks; they are 6 times less likely to commit a crime than non-permit holders, yet they are unwelcome. Additionally, you are advertising to criminals that this establishment is an easy target to victimize.

Since you do not want law abiding citizens carrying concealed guns, I assume you do not approve of my carrying one either.

You may not realize that I am an officer and call the authorities to check me out. To avoid that for both of us, I will refrain from coming back. I will also share with my fellow officers that we are not welcome in your establishment.

CCW prohibited to no CCW - space

"Official" changed to "officer" (unless you're an appointed admin)

Added "by the State" to vetted

Added statistics of CCW holder criminality

LEO changed to officer, because not everybody was born in late July or early August ;)

Can't think of a way to incorporate the response time lag into this and keep it brief.

Your business has posted the "no concealed carry" sign. As a current or former Law Enforcement Officer I am disappointed to see this. Concealed Carry License holders have been trained, vetted by the State & passed numerous background checks; they are 6 times less likely to commit a crime than non-permit holders, yet they are unwelcome. Additionally, you are advertising to criminals that this establishment is an easy target to victimize.

Since you do not want law abiding citizens carrying concealed guns, I assume you do not approve of my carrying one either.

You may not realize that I am an officer and call the authorities to check me out. To avoid that for both of us, I will refrain from coming back. I will also share with my fellow officers that we are not welcome in your establishment.

CCW prohibited to no CCW - space

"Official" changed to "officer" (unless you're an appointed admin)

Added "by the State" to vetted

Added statistics of CCW holder criminality

LEO changed to officer, because not everybody was born in late July or early August ;)

Can't think of a way to incorporate the response time lag into this and keep it brief.

I would think you might want to change that last sentence to : I will also share with my felow officers that unless responding to a call, we are not welcome in your establishment.

just my .02

I would think you might want to change that last sentence to : I will also share with my felow officers that unless responding to a call, we are not welcome in your establishment.

just my .02

And a good 2 cents it is.

Tango their are two types of LEs, officers and officials. Cops are officers. the rest are officials. There are two different types of definitions in the law about those. AS such I used both to cover both.

Oh, I understand the difference between Law Enforcement Officers and appointed serve-at-will officials who usually occupy a position in management. ;) I utilize the difference quite frequently when contradicting some ( D )himmocrat politico who mentions the support of the latter for his latest disarm-the-masses proposal.

ETA - historically most cops have supported good guys (and gals) with guns, while most appointed officials have parroted the party line, and I wouldn't anticipate many of them in the armpit openly supporting CCW.

Could you see Streetlights going against Rahmbo, no matter how inane or nonsensical the position?

Ok Tango, but guys like Arson investigators are not officers. Neither are FEDs like the marshals and FBI. And do you know who has the same duties and powers as the Sheriff, who is actuall in charge in a death scene investigation? Those guys are not officers neither. They are not all management.

Archived