My ccw expired 2 days ago...

Ludvik83

yes

I thought that if that happened, you had to take the entire class 8 or 16 hours and reapply.

At this point the ISP computer has only accepted her properly completed application. Later review will determine if she has met the requirements for renewal. See post #11 for a copy of the letter from the ISP concerning the requirement to retake 8 or 16 hour class, if one's CCL expires. Numerous posters have had their applications accepted for an original CCL and have been under review for months to years. Acceptance of an application is only the first step. It is also possible that the rule has changed.

• 3 months later...

There are a few threads here about the training.

Some say that the old 16 hour cert can be used!

And others who have found out that they need to take the full 16 hour courses again.

Either way the 3 hour won’t help iirc since you let it expire.

No letter from the ISP?

Check the portal and see if it says something along the lines of cert etc.......

I just noticed there is an area at the bottom of the page now that says “Corrections required”.

The it says “Insufficiant amount of training hours” with a link to “fix document”.

I’m gonna have to call ISP and see if they will accept the original 16 hours. Not holding my breath on that, but at least they have given me options.

I just noticed there is an area at the bottom of the page now that says “Corrections required”.

The it says “Insufficiant amount of training hours” with a link to “fix document”.

I’m gonna have to call ISP and see if they will accept the original 16 hours. Not holding my breath on that, but at least they have given me options.

I doubt they will accept the old one, they haven't yet. You will need to take the original class over and submit the new cert. If you get it done in allowed time frame your app fee applies.

I just noticed there is an area at the bottom of the page now that says Corrections required.

The it says Insufficiant amount of training hours with a link to fix document.

Im gonna have to call ISP and see if they will accept the original 16 hours. Not holding my breath on that, but at least they have given me options.

If your original 16 included 8hrs NRA Basic and 8hrs IL CCL, I think you should at least get 8 hours credit.

If you received a separate 8 hr NRA Basic course cert along with IL training cert I see no reason your trainer should not give you 8 hrs credit. I understand not getting the full 16. I believe it is the trainer deciding if prior training applies within the courses permitted by the state.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02001231ZZ9996BR.html

• 2 weeks later...

According to my high-falutin' rocket surgeon cypherin' - my CCW is $150 to the State and is good for 5 years so it 'costs' me a whopping $2.50 a month. If I 'lost' a couple months by renewing early? I'm OK with that.

But in reality, my new expiration date is 5 years from when my renewal went Active ( well after the original expired ) so I actually didn't lose a dime.

Agreed. I renewed as soon as I could. To me the piece of mind was worth it.

Whatever few dollars the state made, if you call it that, is less than I spend on a decent bottle of bourbon.

I am with you there Lou, Old Forrester Prohibition Blend!

• 4 months later...

Archived