Photo

Prohibited Carry Zones - 23 Categories

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#301 Hamish

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:47 AM

Well, it's been five years and a couple of months now, and we seemingly have made very little to no headway on getting any of the GFZ's in the original law written out.

I've been through three background checks, I have a photo ID permit ISSUED BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS to protect myself and those around me WITH DEADLY FORCE in case of threat of bodily harm, BUT YET I CANT ATTEND A FUNCTION CARRYING IN A SCHOOL TO PROTECT MY GRANDCHILDREN.

Rant over,,,,,,,

Edited by Hamish, 14 May 2019 - 07:00 AM.

#302 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

Well, it's been five years and a couple of months now, and we seemingly have made very little to no headway on getting any of the GFZ's in the original law written out.
I've been through three background checks, I have a photo ID permit ISSUED BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS to protect myself and those around me WITH DEADLY FORCE in case of threat of bodily harm, BUT YET I CANT ATTEND A FUNCTION CARRYING IN A SCHOOL TO PROTECT MY GRANDCHILDREN.
Rant over,,,,,,,

Schools are unlikely to ever be removed from the prohibited list.
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#303 Euler

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Schools are unlikely to ever be removed from the prohibited list.

Here's a table comparing all states: Weapons in Schools

Take it with a grain of salt, though. It says a FOID is a CCL in IL. (Basically it says IL CCLs are allowed to FOID-carry in schools.)

The federal Gun-Free Kill School Zone Act does not prohibit otherwise-legal concealed carry in schools. It's state laws that prohibit that.

FWIW, it looks like the only state to permit all concealed carriers in schools is Alabama. All other states that allow concealed carry in schools also require the individual to obtain explicit permission from the school board or school administrators.

Edited by Euler, 14 May 2019 - 12:20 PM.

The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#304 Sigma

• Members
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:26 PM

Wait so an illinois school administrator can allow it

Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#305 Euler

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

Wait so an illinois school administrator can allow it

No.

FWIW, it looks like the only state to permit all concealed carriers in schools is Alabama. All other states that allow concealed carry in schools also require the individual to obtain explicit permission from the school board or school administrators.

Illinois is not one of those states.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users