Photo

Applying for illinois concealed carry curriculum

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jolson

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

I just received my instructor number from the state police today and I am wanted to know the proper break down for each subject I was going to teach and the proper time for each subject.
I came across a application for 8/16 and 3 hour curriculum approval.
Am I supposed time file for this.
Maybe someone can help
Thanks

#2 wtr100

• Members
  • 6,127 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

The application gives the minimum hours -  you can do your own or you can buy a pre-packaged death by power point 

Edited by wtr100, 28 January 2017 - 10:07 PM.

Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, 60 rounds powder and ball and be ready to march at a minute's warning

ISRA Life Member
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
ISP Approved Concealed Carry Instructor

#3 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,186 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

I just received my instructor number from the state police today and I am wanted to know the proper break down for each subject I was going to teach and the proper time for each subject.
I came across a application for 8/16 and 3 hour curriculum approval.
Am I supposed time file for this.
Maybe someone can help
Thanks

If you are purchasing a curriculum, you do not need to file for a curriculum approval.  You will us the approval number that comes with the curriculum you purchase.  The CLIC curriculum has the suggested breakdown of hours for each subject.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#4 Jolson

• 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:29 AM

Thank you for your help.

#5 Rockdiver

• 2,135 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

The CLIC curriculum is the standard used my most instructors in IL that did not have nor want the legal responsibility for drafting and underwriting their own course material. I reccomended it heavily to any instructors I put out that were not already Certified/Licensed to teach LE use of force. It is well balanced, ISP approved, accurate, and easy to use.

Rocco
«««««ROCCO M. WLODAREK»»»»»
CHIEF INSTRUCTOR/ TC
BLACK FLAG FIREARMS TRAINING
WWW.BLACKFLAGTRAINING.COM
847-561-6030

#6 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 12,159 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Is CLIC going to be certified for the 3 hour renewal?

Have all boated who fish?

#7 sirflyguy

• Members
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:58 PM

The CLIC curriculum is the standard used my most instructors in IL that did not have nor want the legal responsibility for drafting and underwriting their own course material. I reccomended it heavily to any instructors I put out that were not already Certified/Licensed to teach LE use of force. It is well balanced, ISP approved, accurate, and easy to use.

Rocco

I use it.  It works well all the time.  I have added some stuff in addition to it that is related to the practical side of concealed carry.  Even as dry as the law part is, folks generally seem interested, as the vast majority of them don't know anymore about the law in IL than what they hear at coffee shops and BBQ places.  

Defensive Firearms Coach (DFC)

Fundamentals of Home Defense Handgun

Fundamentals of Concealed Carry
NRA-Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection In the Home Instructor
NRA-Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor 
NRA-Certified Chief Range Safety Officer

IL FCCA Approved Instructor
http://www.mlftraining.com
https://www.facebook...ps/mlftraining/

#8 Molly B.

• 14,186 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

Is CLIC going to be certified for the 3 hour renewal?

It already is.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#9 Molly B.

• 14,186 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

Rocco

Thank you, Rocco.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users