New Oak Forest Range

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fnnuguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

I heard that this Eagle range in Oak Forest has had 5 negligent discharges in the store in only 2 months of being open.

Maybe the staff needs some safety training nefore somebody get hurt! I won't be going back, nice range but the people working there are clueless!

#2 Terry 9595

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

I haven't heard anything about this can you enlighten me a little?

Terry K. Bell

Member of NRA

Member of ISRA

State of Illinois Licensed Firearm Instructor - 263.000152

State Police Certified Instructor for FCCL

Utah Firearm Instructor  I111295

NRA Law Enforcement Instructor- Handgun, Shotgun and Patrol Rifle

NRA Instructor for

Certified Home Safety

Certified Pistol

Personal Protection In The Home

Certified Shotgun

Refuse To Be A Victim

NRA Range Safety Officer

Licensed Private Detective

License Security Contractor

#3 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:34 PM

More than likely word of mouth.
We visited to see what it was like, two guys looking at handguns, three guns out on the counter, salesman gets phone call and walks away from all three guns and the customers.
I know some people will say that responsible law abiding citizens would never do anything bad, but if you don't care to control this type of situation, what else would you allow?

Nope, didn't shoot there, didn't purchase there, just went to see the place my self like I do with most places.

ymmv

#4 Terry 9595

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:49 PM

Thank for the update. They do need some more training. It is a concern to me that they could have that many "AD"S. Anti s would have a field day.

Terry K. Bell

Member of NRA

Member of ISRA

State of Illinois Licensed Firearm Instructor - 263.000152

State Police Certified Instructor for FCCL

Utah Firearm Instructor  I111295

NRA Law Enforcement Instructor- Handgun, Shotgun and Patrol Rifle

NRA Instructor for

Certified Home Safety

Certified Pistol

Personal Protection In The Home

Certified Shotgun

Refuse To Be A Victim

NRA Range Safety Officer

Licensed Private Detective

License Security Contractor

#5 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

I've been there once and a shooting buddy of mine has been there half dozen times or so. The time I was there the staff was extremely safety focused. It seems strange that this could happen so many times. One of the things I found interesting about the place is that they were telling me all of the staff were NRA certified RSO's, and they also had NRA BP instructors on staff. That's a lot of time, effort, and money to put into staff training to have so many safety problems.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#6 fnnuguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

I've been there once and a shooting buddy of mine has been there half dozen times or so. The time I was there the staff was extremely safety focused. It seems strange that this could happen so many times. One of the things I found interesting about the place is that they were telling me all of the staff were NRA certified RSO's, and they also had NRA BP instructors on staff. That's a lot of time, effort, and money to put into staff training to have so many safety problems.

They can say anything,just look how they operate! Their CRSO who probably certified the RSO's is the same mope that was the poster boy RSO at the Harvey Range for that huckster at USBI, John Howard.

#7 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 16,456 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

I heard that this Eagle range in Oak Forest has had 5 negligent discharges in the store in only 2 months of being open.
Maybe the staff needs some safety training nefore somebody get hurt! I won't be going back, nice range but the people working there are clueless!

Who have you heard this from?
Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

#8 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

They can say anything,just look how they operate! Their CRSO who probably certified the RSO's is the same mope that was the poster boy RSO at the Harvey Range for that huckster at USBI, John Howard.

Could you care to elaborate on the problems with their operation?

Further more, feel free to PM me about your thoughts on the USBI range and the owner. I'm interested in hearing that as well but it probably doesn't need to be discussed publicly. 

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#9 FieldGL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

I haven't heard about this and one of my coworkers frequents there. 

Is it possible this is information is fake, since there was a lot of debate about the construction of the place. Majority of the bad reviews on social sites were from union workers. 

#10 mcjon77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

I am always suspicious about rumors of the "a friend of a friend of a guy" variety.  This is especially true when the company has KNOWN enemies (i.e. the unions).  Unless I know the person who actually SAW the ND's, I just doubt the story.  By the same token, I PERSONALLY know people who have experienced very unsafe things at other ranges committed by the EMPLOYEES of that range.  Hearing first hand accounts about employees (in some cases, supposed "instructors") pointing AR-15's at people's heads with the justification of "don't worry, it's not loaded" givens me much more heart ache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users