101st General Assembly 2019 & 2020 Bills

mauserme

HB1488..........

Does the guy filing the bill have a say in its number? If so someone didn't think this one through....

Jokes aside; this bill makes a ton of sense. Its 2019; we should be at a point where we can show electronic versions of our DL's, Registration, Insurance and FOID/CCL stuff.

Just god help you if you're phone is stolen and the police respond.

I had to google that - if it's what I found I'm pretty sure that wasn't on the sponsor's mind.

Good bill, though. You're right about that.

Yeah I am sure it was not on the sponsors mind whatsoever. Either very unfortunate luck or someone who assigns the bill numbers getting very cute.

HB1574 CONCEALED CARRY-EXPIRATION

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1574&GAID=15&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=116038&SessionID=108&GA=101

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that a concealed carry license shall be renewed for a period of 5 years from the date of expiration on the applicant's current license upon the applicant completing the necessary requirements under the Act.

I love SB173

Ditto!!!

This seems silly but as part of Freshman orientation for all new State Senators and Reps...how about they put on some classes about basic economics, basics of firearms, transportation, taxation, industry, farming. Like two weeks of stuff to make sure they grasp the basic concepts behind things they are trying to regulate and legislate.

You guys mean, for instance, a class called “government” and one called “economics”? Aren’t those still 2 required classes for a basic high school diploma?

I went to High School in Florida so I can't comment on the IL system however my basic Economics class was terrible. The Government class basically focused on the three branches, checks and balances, the 1st Amendment, Prohibition, Womens voting and civil rights.

When do we get to the point where we start filing witness slips?

Also, is it possible to include a statement with witness slips that can be read into the record when the legislation is discussed? Surely, being heard from citizens whom the government works for is something that is provided for.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You forgot the purple for that last line. :P

She is my rep. I have communicated with her several times and she is very pro. I make sure that I thank her on a regular bases for her support.

I try to keep an eye open.

Give me your take but maybe all of us should give any rep introducing pro gun legislation a thank you call or e mail.

HB1626

Allen Skillicorn

CRIM CD-USE OF SILENCERS 01/31/2019 House Filed with the Clerk by Rep. Allen Skillicor

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1626&GAID=15&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=116167&SessionID=108&GA=101

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when the person knowingly uses, attaches, or possesses with the intent to use or attach any device or attachment of any kind for silencing the report of any handgun, unless the use, attachment, or possession with the intent to use the device or attachment is on the premises of a firing or shooting range; or possess any device or attachment of any kind designed, used, or intended for use in silencing the report of any other firearm if the device or attachment is not possessed in compliance with the federal National Firearms Act. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she transfers or gives a suppressor or silencer to a person not authorized to possess the suppressor or silencer under federal law. Amends the Wildlife Code. Removes the prohibition of using a silencer or other device to muffle or mute the sound of the explosion or report resulting from the firing of any gun. Effective immediately.

HB1632

Allen Skillicorn

STUN GUN&TASER-NO FOID 01/31/2019 House Filed with the Clerk by Rep. Allen Skillicorn

http://ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1632&GAID=15&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=116173&SessionID=108&GA=101

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Removes provisions that a person may not acquire or possess a stun gun or taser within the State without having in his or her possession a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police under the provisions of the Act.

I dont understand why the limit to handguns and not include rifles (unless that gets covered in the NFA part). Also why not allow in homes instead of just range as thats where a DGU and hearing protection would seem more likely needed.

At least it would be a start but dont believe we are anywhere close to getting something like we were a couple of years ago.

It sounds like1626 makes you a criminal if you attach hearing protection to your ears.

if the device or attachment is not possessed in compliance with the federal National Firearms Act. Provides that a person commits the offense of unlawful sale or delivery of firearms when he or she transfers or gives a suppressor or silencer to a person not authorized to possess the suppressor or silencer under federal law. Amends the Wildlife Code. Removes the prohibition of using a silencer or other device to muffle or mute the sound of the explosion or report resulting from the firing of any gun. Effective immediately.

The "go-ahead" for suppressors in Illinois??

The "go-ahead" for suppressors in Illinois?

Cant imagine Madigan lets it get to or out of committee and dont think there are enough downstate Dems to put that pressure on him to do so. Nevertheless Im glad to see the Pro side keeps trying. Much opposition is based on uneducated Chicago Dems and their fears not to mention believing what they see in movies. 42 other states allow them and its not causing problems there just like there were no issues with CCL but IL had to be last.

The "go-ahead" for suppressors in Illinois?

Cant imagine Madigan lets it get to or out of committee and dont think there are enough downstate Dems to put that pressure on him to do so. Nevertheless Im glad to see the Pro side keeps trying. Much opposition is based on uneducated Chicago Dems and their fears not to mention believing what they see in movies. 42 other states allow them and its not causing problems there just like there were no issues with CCL but IL had to be last.

If they fail to read it thoroughly then the chances are quite good. The beginning 2/3rd's of it sounds like the usual anti nonsense.

Pass it to see what's in it. lol

Archived