Who do we work on?

oneshot

Okay, the ball is rolling for the spring session, who do we need to lean on to get RTC passed? I talked a little about petitioning in key districts last year and it never got off the ground. We see now how narrow the margin is for the opposition and how focused we can be on turning a few more votes, I want to do more than call and write because those things can be swept under the rug, they have no obligation to keep record of those things, real public numbers in ink and paper cannot.

Okay, the ball is rolling for the spring session, who do we need to lean on to get RTC passed? I talked a little about petitioning in key districts last year and it never got off the ground. We see now how narrow the margin is for the opposition and how focused we can be on turning a few more votes, I want to do more than call and write because those things can be swept under the rug, they have no obligation to keep record of those things, real public numbers in ink and paper cannot.

We need to work on getting Rep. Jim Durkin (1 of the 3 no votes) UNEMPLOYED in the next election !!!!

Similar topics / questions have been relegated to offline discussions and PMs. There is a fear (justified or not) that the other side will use this same information to their advantage. Providing a public list will make their job that much easier...

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard on this site and it keeps rearing its ugly head I know the is not your idea you are just the mesenger, but do we really believe that they dont know who's on their side and who is not they have been fighting the battle long before we ever decided to fight back the Brady campaign sends out Mass emails with specific instructions on who to call and what to say and meantime we have 8 freaking people who pick up th phone because they were th only ones in the pm loop. We cant outsmart these ******** the only way to beat them is with sheer numbers and that wont happen with closet meetings..........the deffinition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Guys maybe we can't outsmart them but why the heck should we just put it out there in front of them? You know your legislators, just melt their damn phone lines and let vandermyde and others do the dirty work behind the scenes, after all that's what we pay them to do. Have you ever noticed how it has come to be on this forum that everyone has certain duties they perform as part of the 4 prong approach?

We have plaintiffs on here - Judicial

We have hundreds of consituents calling their reps and senators - Legislative

We have Valinda and others organizing town halls, along with hundreds of others working their butt off, hanging fliers, selling raffle tickets and talking to the masses - Social

We have Vandermyde and a handful of others doing the behind the scenes work - Back room politics

This did not happen simply by design. It happened as the result of full force grass roots activism conducted by freedom loving, every day patriots. Let's keep it that way because heaven knows the same can't be said for the other side. thumbsup.png

We should be working on EVERYONE!!!!! Check out the list of votes from last year on HB148 and see how your Rep voted and then call them no matter what their vote was. Now, if they were a yes check to see if they were a co-sponser. If not call and encourage them to become one. My

Rep is solid 2A and a co-sponser so I called and gave him my appreciation.

If yours was a NO vote ask them to change their mind. If your Rep is a total lost cause call them any way. That way they cannot "honestly" say they haven't heard any pro carry requests. Find out their position and then tailor your call to fit the situation whatever it is. Most importaint-----CALL THEM!!!!! Jim.

Archived