Looking for info on NRA Classes

shackleford

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I was hoping for some guidance on some NRA classes. I am specifically interested in the Personal protection both inside and outside. I have not taken an NRA class before so I am unsure on pre-reqs. I am not new to firearms nor firearms safety, and have a permit to carry from both Minnesota and New Hampshire (and a FOID card). I have completed training classes for my MN permit as well as an Appleseed shoot, but not an NRA class. Would the PP inside the home be a good starting point, or do I need to complete another class before starting this? Thanks in advance!

General Info

Course Title: NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course Class Date/Time: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:00 AM

Register By: Sunday, April 07, 2013 Cost: $195.00 Initial Deposit: $50.00

Address:

Oswego Holiday Inn Express

2055 Wiesbrook Road

Oswego, IL 60543

Instructor Info

Name: THOMAS YACKLEY Phone: 630-554-8966 Email: rangeandfieldtrainingteam@yahoo.com

Comments

Prerequisite: minimum, one of the list NRA First Steps Pistol NRA Basic Pistol DD 214 Competitor's classification card Instructor's approval of experience

General Info

Course Title: NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course Class Date/Time: Saturday, May 04, 2013 8:00 AM

Register By: Saturday, April 20, 2013 Cost: $175.00 Initial Deposit: $50.00

Address:

BOLINGBROOK, IL

377 BLACKFOOT DR.

BOLINBROOK, IL 60490

Instructor Info

Name: DAVID PHISTRY Phone: 630-217-3003 Email: davephistry@yahoo.com

You must first take NRA basic pistol before NRA protection in the Home course, and I believe that is a pre-requisite to the Protection Outside the Home course. At least at the local Jr.College it works that way. Maybe there may be some leway in accepting training classes for a MN permit as being equivalent to Basic pistol.

General Info

Course Title:

NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course

Class Date/Time:

Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:00 AM

Register By:

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cost:

$112.00

Initial Deposit:

$0.00

Address:

American Legion Post 18

15052 Archer Ave

Lockport, IL 60441

Instructor Info

Name:

JOSEPH CALDERONE

Phone:

708-238-4606

Email:

citysheepdog@tsifirearmstraining.com

General Info

Course Title: NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course Class Date/Time: Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:00 AM

Register By: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 Cost: $175.00 Initial Deposit: $50.00

Address:

BOLINGBROOK, IL

377 BLACKFOOT DR.

BOLINGBROOK, IL 60490

Instructor Info

Name: DAVID PHISTRY Phone: 630-217-3003 Email: davephistry@yahoo.com Comments (if any) PRICE INCLUDES USE OF FIREARM, AMMO AND NRA CLASS MATERIAL.

General Info

Course Title: NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course Class Date/Time: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:00 AM

Register By: Sunday, April 07, 2013 Cost: $195.00 Initial Deposit: $50.00

Address:

Oswego Holiday Inn Express

2055 Wiesbrook Road

Oswego, IL 60543

Instructor Info

Name: THOMAS YACKLEY Phone: 630-554-8966 Email: rangeandfieldtrainingteam@yahoo.com

Tom is a great NRA Counselor. I've taken his courses, I would recommend him.

SHACKLEFORD,

My name is Rocco and I work with Mr. Yackley at Black Flag Firearms Training/ Range and Field.

The prerequisite course requirements for PPITH and PPOTH are in place not only for our protection but also to ensure the fair progression of class for all enrolled students. It gives us a base to build off of for each student and allows us the peace of mind that they have a general knowledge of the functionality of their firearms and a good foundation in safety. If you are comfortable with your firearm...ie... have put a thousand or so rounds through it, and have a solid knowledge of what is expected as far as the NRA's Three rules of safety and range ettiquitte, PM me and I'll give you my cell so we can talk.

You can view our coming schedule and class descriptions on Black Flag's website:

www.blackflagtraining.com

Archived