Responding to CCL Review Board Request for Statement

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I logged on ISP web site this morning and to my surprise my CCL status shows "ACTIVE". It was a long process a little over a year to put everything in order before applying, to then still deal with the CCL Review Board because of CPD's bogus objection. I had to get them a well written response letter put together and all supporting documents explaining my situation and that I am not a danger to self or society but on the contrary. With the help, guidance and knowledge of Molly B, IllinoisCarry.com & members experiences I went though the process with confidence and support. Thank you all, in assisting in my RightToBearArms!!!!

CCL Class: 10/14/2017

Filed for record engagement: 12/11/2017

In front of Judge to fight States rejection to expungement: 06/18/2018

Submitted CCL application (with prints): 09-28-2018

Under board review: 11-21-2018

Submitted response to review board: 11/27/2018

Back to Under Review: 12/07/2018

(((Active))): 12/11/2018

Now waiting for License in hand: .... :frantics:

Congrats. Just applied today. Thank goodness there are helpful people like Molly.

If I could give you a piece of advice....don't obsess over the ISP website and your status. At least not the first few weeks. You won't see any movement and it WILL get frustrating if you pay too much attention to it. I drove myself nuts for a little while checking on it. :) Good luck to you!

Congrats. Just applied today. Thank goodness there are helpful people like Molly.

If I could give you a piece of advice....don't obsess over the ISP website and your status. At least not the first few weeks. You won't see any movement and it WILL get frustrating if you pay too much attention to it. I drove myself nuts for a little while checking on it. :) Good luck to you!

I am not going to look for at least 45 days. I waited a long time to train so another couple months won’t matter.

I am not going to look for at least 45 days. I waited a long time to train so another couple months won’t matter.

:yes1: I just received mine in the mail yesterday. Applied 8/16/18.

Within 7 to 10 business days you should receive your card unless they printer goes down like it did a while back lol I think they have a new printer so you should be ok.

:yes1: I just received mine in the mail yesterday. Applied 8/16/18.

Question why would an active date change on the ISP web site? at first it said Active: 12/11/2018 Then Active: 12/14/2018?

Good question. Maybe Molly will have an answer for you. I would say don't worry about it as long as it shows active. Could have been a glitch or maybe it didn't go out in the mail the 11th and it went the 14th so they changed it to the mail date. Either way, CONGRATS!!! You'll probably be getting it in the next couple of days. :)

Early Christmas present from ISP!!! I received my Concealed Carry License in the mail yesterday :frantics:

Once again a big shot out & Thank You to Molly B, IllinoisCarry.com and all the members that posted their experiences.

Happy Holidays to you all, stay safe, locked & Loaded.... :thumbsup:

Woo Hoo!! Congrats & Carry On!!!

• 2 months later...

You can download your reply online with documents. I downloaded it and sent it to the joliet address. I dont want to give you the wrong address so i will let you know when i get home but it was definitely a joliet address

Can anyone provide (confirm) the mailing address for IL CCW Review board ? I've sent my additional letters almost 2 weeks ago and they are saying that they never received anything

Hey guys and girls

New to this forum and hoping you guys can help clear up some fog for me. I applied for my ccl in November and just got notice that it went under board review. I have nothing on my record no arrests no moving violation nor unpaid tickets, the only thing I can think of is a bull**** restraining order that my ex wife filed in 2010 that got dropped right away and that's due to my attorney was able to prove that her mental illness played a role in making her do this. I am a clean cut citizen yet I am put through the ringer while carjackings are on the rise. In your honest opinion what do you guys think is going to happen and how long will this drag on for.

Fortunately, the CCL Review Board is overruling about 80-85% of objections filed. They have 30 days to review, they can request an additional 30 days if needed, and before they can deny a license they have to tell you who objected and why AND give you an opportunity to submit a statement about the objection in your own behalf.

It could take up to 60 days if they request the additional 30 days, or you can request more time if you are asked to submit an statement and need more time to prepare it. If all is as you say and you have court documents to substantiate, maybe a statement from your attorney as well, I think your chances should be good.

The appeals taking years are FOID or CCL revocations/denials. They can be complicated.

Do we know the status of the review board? Member terms of those appointed previously expired 1/14/19. Has JBP appointed new ones? Do the old ones still have authority to do the job and are meeting?

I have asked but do not know. In the past, board members were given the option of remaining on. It's a bipartisan board by law so it's a little different animal.

Can anyone provide (confirm) the mailing address for IL CCW Review board ? I've sent my additional letters almost 2 weeks ago and they are saying that they never received anything

ILLINOIS CONCEALED CARRY LICENSING REVIEW BOARD

801 South 7th Street, Suite 1200-A

Springfield, Illinois 62703

I suggest always send communications using a signed receipt of delivery service.

• 1 month later...