Responding to CCL Review Board Request for Statement

You have received notice of the objection and that your application has been sent to the CCL Review Board for review. They have 30 days to review. They can request an additional 30 days. If you get a third letter requesting ANOTHER 30 days in addition to the original request for 30 days, please let me know immediately.

Hang on to your paperwork until you hear from the board.

You have received notice of the objection and that your application has been sent to the CCL Review Board for review. They have 30 days to review. They can request an additional 30 days. If you get a third letter requesting ANOTHER 30 days in addition to the original request for 30 days, please let me know immediately.

Hang on to your paperwork until you hear from the board.

Just got my 16th 30 day extension letter.... -_-

• 1 month later...

Congratulations long wait but it finally paid off! I beleive the ISP are starting to get things in order thanks to Molly and illinoiscarry.com They are also starting to see some of these objections are total BS.What was your response to the objections?

Submitted (with prints): 10-07-2016

Under board review: 11-27-2016

Review board requested more info: 02-27-2018

Submitted response to review board: 03-05-2018

Under Review (approved): 03-21-2018

Active: 03-27-2018

License in hand: ....

• 2 weeks later...
I applied back in may 2017 received letters they were receiving objections until about March of 2018 then I with the help of an attorney provided a response mg record was expunged years ago but it still popped up the cook county sheriff dept is the one objected. So after about two weeks my status went from under board review to under review and now Im still waiting nervously.... should I b worried?

I applied back in may 2017 received letters they were receiving objections until about March of 2018 then I with the help of an attorney provided a response mg record was expunged years ago but it still popped up the cook county sheriff dept is the one objected. So after about two weeks my status went from under board review to under review and now Im still waiting nervously.... should I b worried?

Your status should go active in the next few days.

• 2 months later...

Hello. My application was denied and I failed to appeal within 35 days due to lack of knowledge on how to properly do so. My record has been successfully expunged and sealed. What's my next step? Can my record still be used against me after being expunged and sealed?

Your next step should be a background check to make sure everything was successfully expunged:

Any individual may approach any Illinois law enforcement or correctional facility or licensed fingerprint vendor agency during regular business hours for the purpose of obtaining the individual's criminal history transcript through Illinois’ Access and Review process.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/crimhistory/viewingchrircds.cfm

After you do that, contact the ISP and request your application be removed from the system because you want to reapply.

• 4 months later...

Hello Molly B, first I want to thank you and the whole IllinoisCarry.com team you guys are truly awesome, thank you. I was hoping you can shed some light on my situation, I applied for my CCL and it went to under board review and I recently received their letter. As I was walking blind not knowing what to do you & IllinoisCarry shed light my path. With the knowledge you provided here I was able to write a resonance letter to the review board.

I have no convictions but had some arrest that were all expunged but one case that I was found not guilty on over 20 years ago that one the Judge sealed. CPD objected saying I'm a danger to myself, to others or a threat to public safety, that they got me down as a gang member and they referenced one case that that I was never charged for. I had just went in on my own per CPD's request was questioned and released and never heard from them or that case again and that was almost 15 years ago. And that situation was expunged from my record but they still referenced it. Will it be possible to send you a copy of the letter I wrote with supporting documents for you to review and advice?

RightToBearArms

Did you check out my response to the CPD?

Hello Molly B, first I want to thank you and the whole IllinoisCarry.com team you guys are truly awesome, thank you. I was hoping you can shed some light on my situation, I applied for my CCL and it went to under board review and I recently received their letter. As I was walking blind not knowing what to do you & IllinoisCarry shed light my path. With the knowledge you provided here I was able to write a resonance letter to the review board.

I have no convictions but had some arrest that were all expunged but one case that I was found not guilty on over 20 years ago that one the Judge sealed. CPD objected saying I'm a danger to myself, to others or a threat to public safety, that they got me down as a gang member and they referenced one case that that I was never charged for. I had just went in on my own per CPD's request was questioned and released and never heard from them or that case again and that was almost 15 years ago. And that situation was expunged from my record but they still referenced it. Will it be possible to send you a copy of the letter I wrote with supporting documents for you to review and advice?

RightToBearArms

Hey MollyB did my email go through if so were you able to open my attachments?

Posted Today, 05:27 PM

I would be happy to review your response and offer suggestions if needed. You can email it to me at VRowe(at)IllinoisCarry.com or send via private message here on the forum.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

If i were you i would go down to 35th and get fingerprinted to get a criminal record printout. You must have been convicted of something because judges only seal convictions not arrest and law enforcement agencies can see all sealed convictions. If it was a conviction just explained what happen and how you make better judgments now. The gang database is a bunch of BS and has many pending lawsuits and the review board is aware of that.

I got my rap sheet from 35 and my Illinois State Police rap sheet it was needed for the expunge process. I have no convictions we were in front of the Judge In June to expunge all my arrest record and the state fought against it the judge approved the expungement except one case that I was found Not Guilty on, over 20 years ago, that one he sealed, smh...

I would be happy to review your response and offer suggestions if needed. You can email it to me at VRowe(at)IllinoisCarry.com or send via private message here on the forum.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Excellent response to the review board. You covered all the bases!

How long does it take for ISP to send me a RAP sheet ? I had an arrest in 1974 for a misdemeaner and at 18 years old I was told to take a 6 month supervision and it would not be a conviction on my record. It was for possesion of marijuana. I Had 2 arrests (no conviction SOL) expunged from 08. At that time my attorney was not able to find records of that 1974 arrest to expunge. I recently went to Cook County courthouse to ask about that 1974 arrest and they said they would not ever be able to find it from that long ago. I want to get everything tied up before I apply. Went to my local PD and had prints done for an Access and Review and mailed it off to ISP. If I had any kind of case or arrest number I can expunge. Hopefully ISP will find it. But time is of the essence with Jabba winning the office. Anyone had to do this with ISP and can tell me how long it takes ?

Thank so much Molly B for all the knowledge & for taking time out to review my response to the Review Board before I sent it out.

Posted Yesterday, 03:44 AM

RightToBearArms, on 27 Nov 2018 - 4:09 PM, said:

Excellent response to the review board. You covered all the bases!