Objections

Mikejones1011

It depends on your charge and case. Must be able to show you were a harm to self or others. Even if you had a theft charge, it doesn't count unless there were mitigated circumstances.

Knowing crook county, Dart may object even if it doesn't fall under that criteria. Then, he will put you through an unnecessary ringer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Will deposition showing I got case thrown out work that’s what I do for customes I work at airport now the cases where misdemeanors I never was convicted just arrested and thrown out in court nothing violent

Are you in Cook County? If so, you will probably (but not for sure) get an objection from Dart. If so, you will have to go through the long and slow review board process. But based on the facts provided, I expect you will win and eventually get the license. It will just take a lot of work and time. There are several threads here detailing others who have gone through the review board, their experiences, and what they needed to eventually prevail. If you're in a downstate county, you probably won't have to do anything...

Welcome to the board. But really, nothing to do right now except wait and see if your application gets denied or not. It will be several weeks before you'll know...

It's beyond ridiculous that they even allow an arrest to be considered. People get arrested all of the time and charges dropped, nol prossed, or prosecution is declined. Or the crap contained in contact cards, police reports where you're mentioned, ANYTHING other than a conviction or evidence of strong ties to criminal activity (ie knowledge the applicant is an active gang member) and even that is dicey from a constitutional perspective since they've done nothing wrong in the eyes of the law.

I know I would've been Lawn Darted if I lived in Cook due to my 17 year old DUI...and nothing since.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

After 5 years of having carry licenses, and the fact that around 85% of Cook counties objections are overturned, I really am surprised that there isn't a class action lawsuit against Dart and his cronies.

Their objections as I see it would constitute willful and wanton misconduct. They are not doing their due dilligence in filing these objections. They are trying to circumvent the law to keep people from exercising a constitutional right.

I am just thankful I live no where near Chicago or Cook county.

If there are thousands still in the process of appeal, those people should come together and sue the **** out of Cook county and this state for allowing this process to continue.

OK, rant off.

Generally speaking, there is no objection window however I have recently seen it where there is. Feel free to PM me.

sigh...that makes no sense, does it. I know law is kind of vague for renewal objections but it should be either there is or is not an objection window and, theorizing, not the single FOID/CCL processor or their management deciding to submit individual apps to the objection database.

Generally speaking, there is no objection window however I have recently seen it where there is. Feel free to PM me.

sigh...that makes no sense, does it. I know law is kind of vague for renewal objections but it should be either there is or is not an objection window and, theorizing, not the single FOID/CCL processor or their management deciding to submit individual apps to the objection database.

Agreed! At first, there were no renewals showing up on the database where LE could object, then a few did show up. Now, haven't see them. I don't know what the right answer is anymore.

Agreed! At first, there were no renewals showing up on the database where LE could object, then a few did show up. Now, haven't see them. I don't know what the right answer is anymore.

Any "truly objectionable" act or behavior that happens between initial issue and renewal should result in an interim suspension or revocation at the time that it happens.

Otherwise, if a person still holds a valid CCL at the time to renew, that should be that... submit the renewal cert, pay the fee and wait your 90/120 days.

He’s not renewing

The OP says he just applied for CCL 4 days ago.

I'd wait for at least 7 days before getting paranoid about objections tho'

Last i read, taught, heard there was a 30 day window for NEW CCL's

IANAL, YMMV, Good Luck and once again Welcome to the Forums.

There is a 30 day objection window for new CCL applicants. In spite of the way the law reads, apparently the BG check is done BEFORE the app is submitted to the objection database. Reason being if going to be denied thru a BG check, why bother going through the objection process.

He’s not renewing

The OP says he just applied for CCL 4 days ago.

I'd wait for at least 7 days before getting paranoid about objections tho'

Last i read, taught, heard there was a 30 day window for NEW CCL's

IANAL, YMMV, Good Luck and once again Welcome to the Forums.There is a 30 day objection window for new CCL applicants. In spite of the way the law reads, apparently the BG check is done BEFORE the app is submitted to the objection database. Reason being if going to be denied thru a BG check, why bother going through the objection process.

For initial applications, it first becomes available for the LE objection process (first 30 days). That I know for sure. I don't know what the timeline is for the backgrounds, if it occurs during or after (or both) the LE Objection period.

I've had students take my class, then they apply. It immediately appears in the LE Portal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post #14 questioned the topic of an objection window for renewals, which is why the conversation took a turn.

As for the initial objection window, the background check is supposed to be completed first. The app may immediately show up in the LE portal, but I don't know if they can do anything until the background check is complete.

I remember this topic came up way back near the beginning, as there was one member here who assumed he was in the clear as he was well past 60 days and still "under review," and THEN went "under board review."

Archived