CONCEALED CARRY LICENSE

zyouss200

First I want to apologize if this question was posed before. I did look through the forums to see if someone had asked a similar question and I couldn't find one.

I applied for my CC in June of this year I already have a FOID, it was under review up until yesterday where it now says under board review.

Is the board review initiated after an objection? And is the period of review still at their discretion or are they sticking to the disclaimer they have which states 30 days?

most if not all things ISP are not loading as they happen now.

it may have been earlier or it may have been after the 30 days

either way if they deny you will get a letter

if under board review they can extend it how ever long they want

some are taking 6 months to a year

and yes there are threads here about it, not that its a good read, but it will help pass the time

You should eventually receive notice of the objection to which you will need to reply. Until a board review actually happens in your case, expect 30 day extension letter notifications. Most objections are eventually overruled but unless you get lucky, prepare to wait months if not over a year based upon what I have read here.

You would not be in Cook County are you? They are notorious for filing objections for any minor thing.

Tons of prior posts on the topic.

First I want to apologize if this question was posed before. I did look through the forums to see if someone had asked a similar question and I couldn't find one.

I applied for my CC in June of this year I already have a FOID, it was under review up until yesterday where it now says under board review.

Is the board review initiated after an objection? And is the period of review still at their discretion or are they sticking to the disclaimer they have which states 30 days?

You might find this link helpful http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66414

The board will either overrule the objection and your license will be issued or they will request a response from you before deciding.

You should eventually receive notice of the objection to which you will need to reply. Until a board review actually happens in your case, expect 30 day extension letter notifications. Most objections are eventually overruled but unless you get lucky, prepare to wait months if not over a year based upon what I have read here.

You would not be in Cook County are you? They are notorious for filing objections for any minor thing.

Tons of prior posts on the topic.

I am in Cook unfortunately. I'll pass some time looking through other threads, Thank you.

You might find this link helpful http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66414

The board will either overrule the objection and your license will be issued or they will request a response from you before deciding.

This link has great info, appreciate it.

Archived