Official: Post Up Your 30 Day Letters... Most Wins!

Windermere

I don't know what's worse. Waiting for your CCW card.... or moving and changing your address so that you're legal and waiting for your FOID and CCW!!

But yes this whole CCW wait game is a joke. I waited over a year and a half for mine. I feel your pain everyone who's going on letters 19-20-21

Be a day late on a toll booth ticket and it's our a**! smh

I've received 17 of the 30 day letters, they usually come either the first two weeks of the month or the very last week of the month. For the month of March, I didn't receive a letter? At first you hate these letters, than you get use to them, then you depend on them to come every month....... where's my letter ISP!! :frantics: Did anyone else not get a letter in March?

I've received 17 of the 30 day letters, they usually come either the first two weeks of the month or the very last week of the month. For the month of March, I didn't receive a letter? At first you hate these letters, than you get use to them, then you depend on them to come every month....... where's my letter ISP!! :frantics: Did anyone else not get a letter in March?

Maybe and hopefully your not under board review anymore?? I hope it's a good sign for you that you haven't received march letter.

Maybe and hopefully your not under board review anymore?? I hope it's a good sign for you that you haven't received march letter.

I was hoping the same....however no status change on ISP. No biggie at some point the CCLRB will get to me. I was just curious.. Thanks

I got one on March 27th.

Thanks for the reply.... I was curious as to why I hadn't received a letter this month. I did contract ISP, and they did verify in fact that a letter was NOT sent out to me this month? Could that mean something.......I have no idea ....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I took my class for cc in March. I paid extra to have my finger prints taken. I have a FOID card. I purchased a new firearm and only a week later I received my first an additional 30 day review required. The worst part of it is the letter claims a concern has been raised regarding my application from a law enforcement agency.

As everyone is aware, which law enforcement agency requested the review is not stated and the reason for the additional review is not stated. I called the state and spoke with an officer. I could tell she was as annoyed as I am. I told her I received another letter extending the 30 days for another 30 days.

She said unfortunately there is no way I can find out what this is about and I cannot appeal it unless an official denial is made. She apologized and said it is not uncommon this will hold up approval of my application for six to eight months.

Why would I have my FOID card and be allowed to buy a gun if a "law enforcement agency" is stalling the approval of my license. Thank you to the wonderful State of Illinois for stalling the approval of a law-abiding citizen who wants to do the right and carry legally.

I took my class for cc in March. I paid extra to have my finger prints taken. I have a FOID card. I purchased a new firearm and only a week later I received my first an additional 30 day review required. The worst part of it is the letter claims a concern has been raised regarding my application from a law enforcement agency.

As everyone is aware, which law enforcement agency requested the review is not stated and the reason for the additional review is not stated. I called the state and spoke with an officer. I could tell she was as annoyed as I am. I told her I received another letter extending the 30 days for another 30 days.

She said unfortunately there is no way I can find out what this is about and I cannot appeal it unless an official denial is made. She apologized and said it is not uncommon this will hold up approval of my application for six to eight months.

Why would I have my FOID card and be allowed to buy a gun if a "law enforcement agency" is stalling the approval of my license. Thank you to the wonderful State of Illinois for stalling the approval of a law-abiding citizen who wants to do the right and carry legally.

Couldn't agree with you more. It is very frustrating. Just have faith in the board.

I wonder if those going through this delay on getting the license initially will have to go through the same type of delay when they go to renew?

We are working to prevent this from happening. There is a provision in SB1038 that a previous objection or reason for previous objection cannot be used again at the time of renewal.

I'm glad to hear that.

Received my 20th letter this month ! I filed a Federal Lawsuit 2 weeks ago,a Civil Rico action.I know a little law,but I promise you that I will get my $ 400.00 worth. There is a Federal Law regarding Tom Dart's objection's. I believe we can put a stop to his nonsense with enough complaints. { A Denial of Rights Under The Color of Law. } If any of you guys/gals have been objected to, I would really appreciate you filling out this short form.I will personally serve Dart at his office and if he will not accept there,I will go to his house. I will also serve all copies to the F.B.I.at the Dirksen Building,Chicago and mail another copy to to the DOJ..Also you can still file the complaint even though you now have the CCL if you were objected to in the past.Time to play hardball.

CC-Violation-of-rights-under-color-of-law.pdf

PLEASE FILL THIS OUT AND SEND ME A MESSAGE.YOU CAN SCAN AND EMAIL IT OVER TO ME.

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary of waiting for my license!!! 2 years!! I'm still waiting to protect myself and family...

That is awful. Are you a cook county resident?

Will county

Very frustrating. I know that a lot of us UBR, right now are out of Cook county. I would PM Molly and send her your information because she tries helping people that are UBR for 2 years or more.

Tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary of waiting for my license!!! 2 years!! I'm still waiting to protect myself and family...

That is awful. Are you a cook county resident?

Will county

Very frustrating. I know that a lot of us UBR, right now are out of Cook county. I would PM Molly and send her your information because she tries helping people that are UBR for 2 years or more.

I've got in touch with molly a few times. It's been 2 years.. how's that working?? I give up! It is what it is I guess.

Archived