Special Assignment! May 22, 2019

Molly B.

IMPORTANT assignment, make sure the House Minority Leader knows where gun owners stand on the issue of increased fees, mandatory fingerprints, and a ban on private transfer of firearms. Please call House Minority Leader Jim Durkin's offices and be clear that you expect him, as leader of the House Republicans to oppose amendments to SB1966 or any other bill that infringes on our rights:
Springfield office: (217) 782-0494
District Office: (630) 325-2028
post-195-0-83882500-1558562064_thumb.jpg

Durkin isn't 2nd friendly. That has given carte blanche to his upstate reps to betray us if the Bloomberg bucks flow their way.

Bloomberg $$ at work: Note all 26 of em.

https://abc7chicago.com/politics/gun-control-supporters-take-fix-the-foid-act-protest-to-springfield/5313043/

He has not been a friend to the Second Amendment and we are not likely to change his mind. What this effort is about pertains to his role as House Minority Leader. If he is concerned he might lose more seats because he, as the Minority Leader, does not hold his caucus to the platform they say they supports, that will provide a incentive to hold them to that platform.

He has not been a friend to the Second Amendment and we are not likely to change his mind. What this effort is about pertains to his role as House Minority Leader. If he is concerned he might lose more seats because he, as the Minority Leader, does not hold his caucus to the platform they say they supports, that will provide a incentive to hold them to that platform.

https://illinois.gop/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2016PlatformoftheIllinoisRepublicanParty.pdf

This is the version on the ILGOP site.

C. ENHANCING PUBLIC SAFETY FOR OUR CITIZENS

We believe that day-to-day safety and security in our local communities is critical. Therefore, we strongly endorse and support the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, which states, in part, “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” As a result, we oppose any efforts by the state or municipalities to impede the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.

We believe in the use of criminal background checks by licensed firearms dealers.

We oppose any effort to make public any personal information from FOID cards.

We support the statutory repeal of the FOID Act.

We support continued enactment of “Concealed Carry” legislation.

Because of the rise in crime by repeat offenders, we support efforts to aggressively prosecute criminal offenders.

We call on elected officials to remain steadfast in ensuring Illinois citizens can feel safe in their neighborhoods, homes and businesses.

We believe the rights of crime victims are essential and there is a just criminal process. As a result, we support the rights of crime victims to give statements, to be heard by the court and other agencies at sentencing and in “sentence-reduction” proceedings and to be given notification upon the release of prisoners.

We call upon the legislature to develop a comprehensive and strategic economic impact plan (e.g., 5, 10 and 20 year) for Illinois’ prison closure, construction and usage policy.

All,

I just called and asked his staff to relay my (our) message to oppose any legislation that further infringes on the firearm rights of Illinois citizens.

They asked which district/township I was from. I shared that and also that since my Representative is a Democrat, that I have no choice but to contact his office to relay my concerns.

Is there anything else we can do? We should have perhaps organized a counter protest to the Mom’s who went to Springfield yesterday.

Thanks!

All,

I just called and asked his staff to relay my (our) message to oppose any legislation that further infringes on the firearm rights of Illinois citizens.

They asked which district/township I was from. I shared that and also that since my Representative is a Democrat, that I have no choice but to contact his office to relay my concerns.

Is there anything else we can do? We should have perhaps organized a counter protest to the Moms who went to Springfield yesterday.

Thanks!

Yes there is.

Call them back and remind them that, as House Minority Leader, he influences Republican votes throughout the entire state. Being in that capacity dictates that he set a Republican example as codified in his party's platform.

I called the office down in Springfield to follow up on my message and asked how he would vote on it. I got a we have so my bills and issues that I don't know how he will vote. I explained to the secretary my position and to pass along a my message for all that's worth.

Archived