Pro 2A resolution - Archive

Ashdump

Looks great, Wolfhound. What might be instructive (if it's not too much trouble) would be to add a third color, representing counties known to have an effort underway. I know of seven: Champaign, Henry, Massac, Madison, Pope, Pulaski, and Union (or maybe limit that only to counties that have it on the county board agenda, which might eliminate a few--although I don't know which). Just a thought.

Since I haven't heard anything in a long time about the effort underway in Henry County, I (just a few minutes ago) found the email address for Sheriff Cady (Henry County)--he was the one quoted by the article in Quad Cities Online as saying that Henry was working on such a resolution--and dropped him a line requesting an update. Will post anything I get back from him.

Looks great, Wolfhound. What might be instructive (if it's not too much trouble) would be to add a third color, representing counties known to have an effort underway. I know of seven: Champaign, Henry, Massac, Madison, Pope, Pulaski, and Union (or maybe limit that only to counties that have it on the county board agenda, which might eliminate a few--although I don't know which). Just a thought.

Since I haven't heard anything in a long time about the effort underway in Henry County, I (just a few minutes ago) found the email address for Sheriff Cady (Henry County)--he was the one quoted by the article in Quad Cities Online as saying that Henry was working on such a resolution--and dropped him a line requesting an update. Will post anything I get back from him.

I considered adding counties where it was proposed, but didn't. I also considered adding a fourth color for counties where it failed but decided seeing red counties might hurt more than it helped. Although the temptation to color Crook county red was very strong. :lips sealed:

I can see the argument either way, for adding a third color (or not), but I like the version with yellow for "Proposed." I agree that marking the "Failed" counties (we don't have any of those, yet, do we?) would be counterproductive.

Once the entire state is green except for Cook (and perhaps Lake and DuPage), then I think it would be a useful illustration to color the anomalous counties red. People should get to see where the "fringe" political ideology in Illinois actually is.

Does anyone else here think it would be a good idea NOT to approach the Chicago collar counties with a resolution until the southern, Mid and northwest areas fill in?

Actually I think it would be a good idea to approach them with the idea of a resolution in any of the following collar counties, Will, Lake, Kendall, McHenry, Kane, Boone and Grundy or Kankakee and I'd also like to see a couple of the counties that border Indiana go green. If any one of the collar counties goes green and 1 or 2 border counties, it will begin the process of surrounding and isolating Cook Co. If the smaller counties see that Chicago's influence is limited they're more likely to stand up to the state government and then the rest of the map will go green.

I can see the argument either way, for adding a third color (or not), but I like the version with yellow for "Proposed." I agree that marking the "Failed" counties (we don't have any of those, yet, do we?) would be counterproductive.

Once the entire state is green except for Cook (and perhaps Lake and DuPage), then I think it would be a useful illustration to color the anomalous counties red. People should get to see where the "fringe" political ideology in Illinois actually is.

I lack your ambition--I was hoping for a couple dozen counties, rather than almost a hundred. Certainly if we manage that, I would agree that all the attention we could bring to the degree to which Cook is out of step with the rest of the state would be a good thing.

A report from White County - first let me say that is indeed a lovely shade of green I see there on White County!

The chairman of the board read the resolution, asked if those presenting the resolution wanted to say anything, I read a short prepared statement encouraging the board to support the Second Amendment and the U.S. Constitution. Motion was made to accept, it passed unanimously 5-0 with several smiles and nods from board members. Chairman then thanked those for bringing it before the board. Afterwards everyone on the board expressed their thanks also.

They did change one part of the wording at the advice of the state's attorney - wish they hadn't - but they deleted the part that said, "such laws are uncontitutional and beyond lawful legislative authority". But that wording isn't in some of the other resolutions either so I'm still glad they passed it.

It was a good day for White County citizens! Now on to Hamilton, Wayne, Wabash, Edwards. Richland, and Lawrence. We know folks in those counties too.

Molly B.

What happens if they throw us in 26 and Cal for bringing this up? :laugh:

The taxpayers of Cook cannot go against our Chicago masters. I bet one of the commisioners would claim assualt to his ears, and say our belief in the right to self defense as crazy!!

CAGE could be there. :laugh:

Or like you said, we could get laughed out of there. :lips sealed:

Thank you Molly for going to the meeting, and getting them to pass the resolution. :Crying. =-(:

A report from White County - first let me say that is indeed a lovely shade of green I see there on White County!

The chairman of the board read the resolution, asked if those presenting the resolution wanted to say anything, I read a short prepared statement encouraging the board to support the Second Amendment and the U.S. Constitution. Motion was made to accept, it passed unanimously 5-0 with several smiles and nods from board members. Chairman then thanked those for bringing it before the board. Afterwards everyone on the board expressed their thanks also.

They did change one part of the wording at the advice of the state's attorney - wish they hadn't - but they deleted the part that said, "such laws are uncontitutional and beyond lawful legislative authority". But that wording isn't in some of the other resolutions either so I'm still glad they passed it.

It was a good day for White County citizens! Now on to Hamilton, Wayne, Wabash, Edwards. Richmond, and Lawrence. We know folks in those counties too.

Molly B.

Richmond...isn't that Richland?

What did Jasper county say, or have they?

At this point, the resolution has a good chance of making the Champaign County Board agenda for the July meeting!

IF it does, we gotta "pack the place"!

What a boost this would be...12th largest county in the state, full of Univerity "do-gooders"; "soccer moms" don't hold a candle to these folks! :lips sealed: :Crying. =-(: :laugh:

Come on folks, give me all the ideas ya got! I may not use 'em, but I wanna hear 'em!

What happens if they throw us in 26 and Cal for bringing this up? :brr:

I don't see why they would do that but in the event it happens I'll bring bail money for us both. :laugh:

The taxpayers of Cook cannot go against our Chicago masters. I bet one of the commisioners would claim assualt to his ears, and say our belief in the right to self defense as crazy!!

CAGE could be there. :ph34r:

:huh: Sounds like they've already brainwashed you into submission to their will.

Your mind is your primary weapon, learn your rights and use your primary weapon

Or like you said, we could get laughed out of there. :lips sealed:

I've been booted from much better places than the county building all over the world. The a** clowns running

Crook County don't impress me at all and sure as heck don't scare me, they're just a bunch of thugs trying to hang

onto the power they perceive they have. :)

Thank you Molly for going to the meeting, and getting them to pass the resolution. :Crying. =-(:

Thanks for everything you've done and hopefully continue to do. :laugh:

It was a good day for White County citizens! Now on to Hamilton, Wayne, Wabash, Edwards. Richmond, and Lawrence. We know folks in those counties too.

Molly B.

Oops! Typo! and now corrected to Richland

Now on to Hamilton, Wayne, Wabash, Edwards. Richland, and Lawrence.

I just updated a packet of Pro 2A Resolution information which I've gathered from this forum; had to change the status of White county. Will place it in the mail tomorrow en route to the principal board member of the local gun club, explaining the situation, & requesting his assistance in presenting a resolution to the Wayne County Board. As I explained to him my reason for choosing him, was that as a representative of the Fairfield Gun Club, he might be more successful at presenting this idea to the Wayne County Board & getting them to place it on their agenda for a vote. Hopefully his response will be positive.

I just updated a packet of Pro 2A Resolution information which I've gathered from this forum; had to change the status of White county. Will place it in the mail tomorrow en route to the principal board member of the local gun club, explaining the situation, & requesting his assistance in presenting a resolution to the Wayne County Board. As I explained to him my reason for choosing him, was that as a representative of the Fairfield Gun Club, he might be more successful at presenting this idea to the Wayne County Board & getting them to place it on their agenda for a vote. Hopefully his response will be positive.

Way to go, Sticks :lips sealed: !

Molly B.

I hope Jasper does something. I grew up there, spending most of my time within a mile of the Jasper/Clay/Richland county lines and would like to have some what of a refuge if things go bad.

Archived