CCLRB

Ken911

My money is on a monthly telephone conference with documents prepared and reviewed in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 3.1.1, the version before they ruined the app.

My money, once the new board is appointed and trained, is on several times a week until the backlog is caught up.

I would agree with that, then after the backlog, settle into a weekly/monthly routine.

Update on the new CCL Review Board:

Besides the four appointed members, two more have agreed to join the Board so they are going through the vetting process and getting close with the final person to appointed

A letter will go out letting applicants know that the Board needs an additional 30 days. They know that this is a frustrating process and feel awful for all the applicants but this is a part of appointing the new board. The Governor's office has been working very hard trying to find people who meet the requirements and it hasn't been easy.

Once all members are appointed then they will quickly get them through the training they need to do as well as equipment issuance and other administrative items that needs to get done before they begin their official duties. The current Board members are aware of the backlog and past due applications and are ready to meet as much as necessary once they are all settled in to address these issues.

• 2 weeks later...

The last few members are being vetted now.

http://appointments.illinois.gov/appointmentsDetail.cfm?id=495

Is the board going to be dissolved every year or on some regular schedule that we can expect future speed bumps ?

Also why would anyone dissolve a working functional board and leave the process idle while people and training must take place to begin the work again?

Thank You

Is the board going to be dissolved every year or on some regular schedule that we can expect future speed bumps ?

Also why would anyone dissolve a working functional board and leave the process idle while people and training must take place to begin the work again?

Thank You

I think it has more to do with a change of governor which happens only every 4 years.

In this case I think it will be to our benefit to have a more friendly board even if we lose some time getting new people up to speed. C

Thank You

If you open up the attachment you will see when the term ends. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

if there is no board, who sends out the letters thats state "the board has notified the dept. it

needs an additional 30 days to make a decision"to me 2 months ago.

if there is no board, who sends out the letters thats state "the board has notified the dept. it

needs an additional 30 days to make a decision"to me 2 months ago.

The chief legal counsel for the board.

What is really going on?? I have been under board review since 1/19.....I called the ISP and did not get any clear answers as to what is going on. I am wondering if I should seek a 2nd amendments attorney. They have stepped outside of there own law. Any advice would be appreciated. Should I wait or seek legal counsel.

The new members of the CCLRB have been appointed and now must go through training and receive the necessary equipment. Coordinating schedules is now taking place; we hope they will have everything in place to begin reviewing cases ASAP. Everyone is doing everything they can.

Archived