Question on renewals

SmithWesson

The question has been asked on the forum before if there is a 30 day objection period on renewals but dont know we've gotten a concrete answer.

They do have 90/120 just like new applications. If they dont do one, the days should be cut by 30.

When I applied I got the following statement from the ISP after I submitted the application.. There is no mention of 30 days.

"Thank you for using the online portal for submitting your application for the Illinois Concealed Carry License. The Illinois State Police will issue your license pending all information is accurate and meets state requirements within 120 days (or within 90 days if fingerprints provided)."

For new applications the FCCA spells out the 90/120 prints/noprints limit. It also specifies the 30 day LE objection period. Although the law reads like the objection period occurs after submission, Molly has indicated one does not get put into the LE database starting the 30 day period until after the ISP background check is complete.

For renewals it calls out the same day limits but does not mention the objection period.

It doesn't make sense and it would ignore the law and people's rights and a waste of time and resources for them to send people again to the board of review for the same thing they already got cleared for from the board of review.

The law says the objection period is for new applicants and there is no objection period for renewals in the law, so the ISP is following the law.

Although the law reads like the objection period occurs after submission, Molly has indicated one does not get put into the LE database starting the 30 day period until after the ISP background check is complete.

I can tell you with certainty, as soon as the application is submitted, the 30 day LE period has started (before the ISP background check). Not sure about renewals yet.

Although the law reads like the objection period occurs after submission, Molly has indicated one does not get put into the LE database starting the 30 day period until after the ISP background check is complete.

I can tell you with certainty, as soon as the application is submitted, the 30 day LE period has started (before the ISP background check). Not sure about renewals yet.
Interesting. I recall Molly indicating that they did not want to use up LE time if a person could not pass the BG check first and would be denied anyway.

Interesting. I recall Molly indicating that they did not want to use up LE time if a person could not pass the BG check first and would be denied anyway.

That would make sense but I don't think the ISP (or the state) cares, it's just another unfunded mandate for local authorities.

The minute that application is submitted, it becomes objectionable for any law enforcement agency for that 30 day period, then it is not possible for an objection to occur.

Nope, I was objected after 80 days submitted. It's 30 days from when your background checks are all done. Totally misleading info.

Nope, I was objected after 80 days submitted. It's 30 days from when your background checks are all done. Totally misleading info.

After an application is submitted, it becomes immediately available for LE objection for 30 days. That is fact.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but ask Molly B, the objection period starts once background checks are done. It took 80 days for my objection to come up, after submitting everything online.
Look, I'm not going to go on and on, arguing the point with you. I don't know about your case, I can only tell you what I do know with 100 percent certainty. You can agree to disagree, I don't care.

Ill say this one last time. Your application becomes available for law enforcement objection the minute you submit it. It lasts for 30 days. I know this from a professional point of view.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OK, I won't argue, we're all in this together. I'm just saying something went haywire with mine and they objected 80 days later. Luckily today I was overturned and approved so I should see mine very soon. :)
Yes we are. Glad to hear you for approved. Molly is one of a kind!

Molly discussed this decision by ISP a while ago. They felt it was counterproductive to allow LE objections before they completed their background check.

If the applicant was ineligible based on something in their background check, it was better to reject the application before the objection period. If they received an objection from a law enforcement agency, they were required by law to refer the application to the CCLRB even if the applicant was ineligible for a CCL.

This change was made to reduce the backload of cases before the review board.

I hope this helps.

-- Frank

Molly discussed this decision by ISP a while ago. They felt it was counterproductive to allow LE objections before they completed their background check.

If the applicant was ineligible based on something in their background check, it was better to reject the application before the objection period. If they received an objection from a law enforcement agency, they were required by law to refer the application to the CCLRB even if the applicant was ineligible for a CCL.

I hope this helps.

-- Frank

That makes sense Frank, and I would agree with that point of view but unfortunately, its not working that way. I'm open to a PM if you want more information..

I hope this helps.

-- Frank

That makes sense Frank, and I would agree with that point of view but unfortunately, its not working that way. I'm open to a PM if you want more information..

Finally not under board review anymore! I am in processing finally. Whew, what a stressful wait.

Archived