Spyderco Automatic Rescue Knife

QueenStiletto

These are in stock, use discount code ILCarry and get free 2 day shipping. Have something cool so show off on Thanksgiving.

All Knife orders ship the next morning so you will have them in hand fast.

Spyderco Automatics are not easy to come by.

post-18369-0-55560500-1542306560_thumb.png

The Spyderco Autonomy was developed in response to a request from the U.S. Coast Guard for a cutting tool that would meet the demanding mission requirements of their rescue swimmers.

The heart of this knife is its voracious SpyderEdge™ sheepfoot-style blade, which is ground from H-1® steel—an extraordinary nitrogen-based alloy that is completely immune to corrosion.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet that would be a good knife.

Can I get your thoughts regarding the piranha DNA or better options?

Had a Wiliam Henry CF T12 that I carried at work / dress for a long time. Wife burrowed and can't currently find. Liked the light weight, spear point, and size.

Looking to replace it. Had a piranha auto before before it was legal to carry in Illinois, but misplaced it. Was a nice knife, a little heavy and just wasn't all that into it.

Now that legal (with ccl), thinking about again. Also, considering others. Like looks of the DNA. Bit concerned about fingers sliding into blade with hard thrust. Like looks of cold steel frenzy, but think too big to pocket carry easily. Like Scott cook loscha, but too expensive. Like the William Henry; but hard to find in my price range for this.

So... Not too heavy, but big and sturdy enough for real world use. Good blade steel.

$225 or less. No serrations. Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

For the requirements you laid out I think:

• The Piranha is a good choice because it is so slim and trim as is the bodyguard.
  • Also a Gerber covert would be a great choice and is also slim and trim with S30V blade steel.
  • If you can go a little bigger the Protech TR3 fits the hand amazingly and stays put during use. Its no accident the SEALS use it.
  • The Protech Les George has a fantastic finger guard and 154 cm blade steel its a little wider than the others but you wont run you fingers past the guard.

All of these are well below the 225.00 price point you suggested. Gerber will have a 5% wholesale price increase the 1st of the year.

Can I get your thoughts regarding the piranha DNA or better options?

Now that legal (with FOID), thinking about again. A Bit concerned about fingers sliding into blade with hard thrust. .

So... Not too heavy, but big and sturdy enough for real world use. Good blade steel.
$225 or less. No serrations. Suggestions?

Archived