Photo

GFZ: Woman Dragged Into Wooded Area, Sexually Assaulted

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Craigcelia

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

https://www.newsbrea...a99&pd=00l6gbVD Woman Dragged Into Wooded Area, Sexually Assaulted: Police Patch - 13 hours ago [http://img] COOK COUNTY, IL – A 27-year-old Schaumburg man faces charges for attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in a forest preserve, authorities said Wednesday. Ryan Patterson was arrested on June 11 with aggravated criminal sexual assault and aggravated kidnapping in connection with the May 30 attack, according to a news release from the Cook County Sheriff's Office. He is accused of attacking the 48-year-old Streamwood woman who was on a trail in the Arthur L. Janura Forest Preserve near Hoffman Estates at about 8:15 p.m. on May 30. He allegedly threw her cell phone and then dragged her into a wooded area where he sexually assaulted her. Patterson's bail was set at $150,000. Meanwhile, authorities believe there may be more victims who they would like to speak to. Anyone with information about additional victims is asked to call Sheriff's Police detectives at 708-865-4896. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member
ICCL Classes Available

#2 spanishjames

• Members
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

Cook County Forest Preserve too.   Concealed Carry not allowed.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#3 mikew

• Members
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:33 AM

I think there have been cases against CCFP Carry that were thrown out and not appealed by the county/state.

#4 CHICAGO HANDGUN OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:09 AM

I was taught in my original CCL class that the trails through the Cook County Forest are legal to carry. Just like the bike trails through Chicago beaches are legal to carry. The key issue is the trails through these areas

Edited by CHICAGO HANDGUN OWNER, 14 June 2019 - 07:11 AM.

#5 spanishjames

• Members
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 07:58 AM

I was taught in my original CCL class that the trails through the Cook County Forest are legal to carry. Just like the bike trails through Chicago beaches are legal to carry. The key issue is the trails through these areas

That makes sense.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#6 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:52 AM

That makes sense.

(430 ILCS 66/65)
    Sec. 65. Prohibited areas.

(14) Any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District.

No mention of trails so stow it when you are in a Cook County Forest Preserve.

Dart will make sure you are punished to the fullest extent possible.

Edited by Mick G, 14 June 2019 - 08:53 AM.

#7 Craigcelia

• 2,487 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:56 AM

There is this caveat under ILCS 65, but I didn't think this applies to Cook County Forest Preserve itself:

(430 ILCS 66/65)

(14) Any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District.

© A licensee shall not be in violation of this Section while he or she is traveling along a public right of way that touches or crosses any of the premises under subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section if the concealed firearm is carried on his or her person in accordance with the provisions of this Act or is being transported in a vehicle by the licensee in accordance with all other applicable provisions of law.

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member
ICCL Classes Available

#8 Quiet Observer

• 1,353 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

I do not blame the victim, but life is not always the way we would like.  Women should not travel alone in secluded areas like that especially when it is beginning to get dark.  

My wife and I have often seen women alone on various paths at dusk.  Even if carrying one can be struck from behind and dragged off to a more secluded area.

#9 Mick G

Former Member

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

There is this caveat under ILCS 65, but I didn't think this applies to Cook County Forest Preserve itself:

(430 ILCS 66/65)

© A licensee shall not be in violation of this Section while he or she is traveling along a public right of way that touches or crosses any of the premises under subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section if the concealed firearm is carried on his or her person in accordance with the provisions of this Act or is being transported in a vehicle by the licensee in accordance with all other applicable provisions of law.

I wrote stow it which I believe is correct. I don't think they would charge you for having a handgun in your car.

Any real property under the control of the Cook County Forest Preserve District would include the trails.

The exception would be if you were say crossing La Grange Road while on a trail (public property) or riding around the outside of the Forest Preserve BUT still technically on their property.

My class was taught by cops who were not big fans of Dart. I live about five miles from a Cook County Forest Preserve and since the closest one to me in Dupage does not allow dogs, I have always went to Bemis Woods. I know those trails like the back of my hand, marked and unmarked. I specifically asked about this during class and had two cops say DO NOT walk the trails when carrying.

I'm inclined to believe them. Have you ever ran into a uppity Cook County Forest Preserve cop? Some of them act like they are they are the ATF and FBI wrapped up in one. I believe this is a complex because most people don't treat them as real cops. I saw one flying up the 294 at 100 mph+ and the ISP pulled them over. Why is a Forest Preserve cruiser going 100 mph+ on a tollway?

They don't get any respect from real cops and that translates into not respecting the public.

I'm not going to give Dart any excuse into making me a criminal which is what was taught in my class.

I'm definitely not going to bring up traveling, that never works out well.

Edited by Mick G, 14 June 2019 - 09:35 AM.

#10 RECarry

• 2,380 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

Gun Free Zone. No deterrent. Predictable result. Police expect multiple victims. But smug, useless politicians and MDA want to "take on the NRA".

meme giddy moms.jpg

Edited by RECarry, 14 June 2019 - 10:26 AM.

A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#11 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 5,057 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:34 PM

The only times I'm in the CCFPD, I'm carrying my fishing gear and my CCW is in a secret compartment in my shoe. I'll leave it to my expensive lawyer to figure the rest out.
Have all boated who fish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users