430 replies to this topic

#61 Dx54r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:09 AM

^^^
Same

Maybe we can ramp up IGOLD this year? Mods? I believe it’s safe to say that we are in desperate times.

It’s dissapointing to see people say that we should let it go to the courts. It will take years for that to play out. They are licking their chops in Springfield and we’re sitting idly by.

We also need to make our voices heard outside jabba the hut’s downtown office. He will not be working in Springfield during his governorship.

There is no way for our voices to be heard. We simply don't control the platforms that matter.

For every 1 person that marches for gun rights, there will be 1,000 different voices from around the world commenting on twitter screaming against guns once a video or picture of "evil racist nazi gun owners" protesting to keep their evil baby killing machineguns makes it to that platform. You saw how one smug looking teenager with a red hat was portrayed by social media and the news media. He did nothing wrong but simply exist and was vilified. Imagine if it was a middle aged white guy with an assault rifle or holding a pro-gun sign. I hate to be a defeatist but I didn't even know IGOLD existed until I joined these forums.

What do you think influences Democrat lawmakers opinion more? Twitter or protests? Yes I'm serious.

Edited by Dx54r, 24 January 2019 - 07:11 AM.

#62 Twostarrz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

I think internet discussions of armed disobedience in Springfield, if executed, will be met with swift and overwhelming force by opposition. Not saying civil disobedience isn’t called for BUT telegraphing punches never works. If people are truly serious about defending their human rights in this manner then it is best done in a way as to not be stopped before it starts. Just saying...

Internet discussions alone have gotten us to this point. Time for a new game plan.
Not arguing at all. Just suggesting it be done and organized in a less public way.

#63 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:13 AM

I think internet discussions of armed disobedience in Springfield, if executed, will be met with swift and overwhelming force by opposition. Not saying civil disobedience isn’t called for BUT telegraphing punches never works. If people are truly serious about defending their human rights in this manner then it is best done in a way as to not be stopped before it starts. Just saying...

Internet discussions alone have gotten us to this point. Time for a new game plan.
Not arguing at all. Just suggesting it be done and organized in a less public way.

+1

#64 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

Of course, looks like senator Morrison met two weeks ago with the moms to discuss strategy. Oh look, I know her (not personally). Uses her position in the public school system to recruit students

OTZMAb7.jpg
3Qc774p.jpg
1w6GC0j.jpg
4BUYXJt.jpg

Start FOIA’ing your local governments and public schools. Find out who the leaders of your area anti-gun groups are. They’re pushing for this type of stuff. Expose them (nothing more). Do not doxx, contact them, or threaten in any way. Do it legally with your rights (freedom of information act) and with already available public info

#65 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:36 AM

Not arguing either, but we've been sitting on our hands for too long.  Aside from constant calls and emails to my local and state reps and senators, I have not taken any other legal action.  However, I think there are plenty of people just on this forum that can organize a stronger voice to be heard.

"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

#66 Twostarrz

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

I can tell you that IGOLD gets hardly a mention at all in the media and the tyrants in Springfield could give a fig about a couple thousand middle aged (or older) people, peacefully walking a mile, down a preapproved route, midday, midweek.

#67 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

Everyone needs to read/study this. It has all of the antis main talking points and more. It’s their manual (and many of them don’t even know it)

http://s3.documentcl...guide-pdf-1.pdf

They’re brainwashed by catchy terms and bogus arguments. It’s all there

#68 G214me

• 1,953 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

Everyone needs to read/study this. It has all of the antis main talking points and more. It’s their manual (and many of them don’t even know it)

http://s3.documentcl...guide-pdf-1.pdf

Very good stuff here Steve, THANKS

#69 Murf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:46 AM

2nd to last stand ... the Supreme Court
Here’s to RBG “retiring” soon !

Hope Bloomberg “retires” soon too.

Don’t get your hopes up. Bloomberg is already making moves to run for president in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#70 G214me

• 1,953 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:52 AM

I don't know about the rest of you but I am tired of fighting every year to keep the cancer in this state manageable I am ready to cut it out so we can move on......

What’s your plan? Leave the state out Work on cutting the cancer out here?

I say we march by the thousands un-armed on the capitol and make sure they understand how we feel and if that fails we start the process of removing them from office....

We have 2 million plus FOID card holders and about 300,000 CCW holders in this state. Maybe 1% ( if that ) actually know what's going on or do anything to protect their rights. the rest don't care or don't think it could happen here, many even vote for more gun control !!!! Show them the bill and tell them what's coming then watch them do NOTHING !!!!! Good luck waking these brain dead zombies.

#71 FieldGL

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:08 AM

Wow. So how fast can this bill get through the process and to JBP desk? Might need to purchase some stuff I have been holding off on. 

#72 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

Everyone needs to read/study this. It has all of the antis main talking points and more. It’s their manual (and many of them don’t even know it)http://s3.documentcl...guide-pdf-1.pdf

Very good stuff here Steve, THANKS

No problem :)

#73 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:19 AM

This also holds more than 10 with a barrel shroud.

Do you not understand that they know this? They want a total ban but the courts won't agree with that (yet). 

#74 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,028 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:22 AM

Everyone knows they want to ban anything and everything.  These enemies of freedom's end goal is to ban every firearm in private hands.  They will grab with both hands this legislative session.  Hopefully pro-2a leadership (e.g. IllinoisCarry and other groups) is coming up with some plans on how to best oppose this bill.  We need to be unified and find the way to put our time and energy to best use...

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#75 spec4

• Members
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:22 AM

Many years ago the lefties were talking about banning bolt action "sniper" rifles.  I suspect once they get this trash on, that will be next on the list.  Pritzker made a comment on the dealer licensing  law to the effect that "this is a good FIRST step".

#76 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

This also holds more than 10 with a barrel shroud.

Im sending this and the other guns to Morrison. They need to be added

#77 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:25 AM

Everyone knows they want to ban anything and everything.  These enemies of freedom's end goal is to ban every firearm in private hands.  They will grab with both hands this legislative session.  Hopefully pro-2a leadership (e.g. IllinoisCarry and other groups) is coming up with some plans on how to best oppose this bill.  We need to be unified and find the way to put our time and energy to best use...

100%

#78 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:45 AM

Massive overreach....

I see an issue/loophole I want to question....but I want to research it more......and I don't want to post it.

IM me if you’re willing

#79 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

anyone up to setup secure coms on wickr or something?  were we can discuss the bill without prying eyes

Edited by armadroid, 24 January 2019 - 09:49 AM.

#80 Twostarrz

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:50 AM

anyone up to setup secure coms on wickr or something?  were we can discuss the bill without prying eyes

Wickr, is that same as discord?

#81 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

Im in. Google hangouts is easy for group chats and quick to setup

Edited by steveTA1983, 24 January 2019 - 09:52 AM.

#82 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

wickr is a highly encrypted messaging platform 

#83 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:16 AM

As for now, get an AR if you don’t already.

$129 shipped to FFL complete lower

https://palmettostat...ic-edition.html

$219 shipped to your door complete upper

https://palmettostat...bcg-and-ch.html

$350 SHIPPED (plus transfer fee) for a complete AR

#84 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:17 AM

wickr is a highly encrypted messaging platform 

We already have the IC private chat on Discord.  I thought it was for things like this that it was set.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#85 SmithWesson

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

[quote name="JTHunter" post="1191818" timestamp="1548306208"][quote name="steveTA1983" post="1191808" timestamp="1548305080"]
[quote name="soundguy" post="1191806" timestamp="1548305041"]
[quote]
I say we march by the thousands un-armed on the capitol and make sure they understand how we feel and if that fails we start the process of removing them from office....
[/quote]

Sounds like IGOLD.
 "Don't Ban My Rifle"[/quote]

One day won’t cut it. It has to be many
[/quote]

Not only will a single day NOT cut it, it might be time to OC on the capital.[/quote]

Would definitely send a message, especially if thousands did it.............

I would block 3 consecutive days out of my work schedule for this.

+1 ^^^

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

#86 evilbrownrifle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:20 AM

Education is a huge issue. Both locally and nationally. For example, a kid is more likely to get hit by lightning multiple times than be involved in one of these "common" school shootings. Something that can be supported by a Harvard risk management academic and that was actually published in, I can't remember off hand, either WaPo or NYT. You can also argue that becoming an anti hero in your suicide in the mass media is the true motivator for these shooting. Obviously the media will not cover that but then local and national gun control orgs are not proactive on these issues. Out of fear of the "optics", or lack of resources or even interest the fight against gun control is reactive not proactive.

We could use the gun dealers in the state to get out the word to FUDDs. Well, after this latest bill passed good luck with that. CCW instructors could do it as well. We could advertise and launch an aggressive PR campaign (challenging as it might be) to educate with a mass media/online advertising program or through an organized grass roots fashion. There was some discussion about this both on the board and back channel around the Northbrook gun control vote and pre-election. 

I was one that pushed the idea but backed off. Why? Because, unfortunately, the time to do that was 5 years or so ago when the Bloomberg groups began their push in the suburbs, signing up lonely housewives and crazy cat ladies looking for some meaning in their lives. By Sept. or Oct. of 2018 the horse was already out of the barn. There was no ability at that point and now, to even organize the gun community that wanted to fight these issues beyond just getting some bodies to show up at various show meetings with already pre-determined outcomes for the eventual vote. No mechanism in place to manage the response once they were there (make it contentious politically, put them on the spot personally, call them out for the identitarian, authoritarian leftists they are, look to leverage political fractures, etc.). No time to get one in place. We had already lost some key suburban Republicans by that point and the education opportunities are multi-year in nature especially in face of the media's active opposition. 

So education is a great idea. But who is going to run that? Who will be proactive? We're talking a full time job involve at least several mar-com people in addition to lobbyists, a database person, etc. Who in IL either at the GOP or association level will actually fight? Will ISRA sell their range and put that money into the 2nd, or just make sure there is a Garand exemption with each bill and a legal check (appreciated regardless), after the fact?

Personally, I will continue to fill out witness slips, make calls, go to public meetings and rallies as appropriate until the only choice that makes sense is relocating to some state that is still America, more or less.. But it will take years to get our message out even just to gun owners. And it will take commitment and resources beyond the volunteer level.

Edited by evilbrownrifle, 24 January 2019 - 10:26 AM.

#87 papa

• Members
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

First our side needs to stop referring to these semi automatic sporting rifles as " assault rifles " because they are not.  This is a catch phrase that the gun grabbers use to turn public opinion against us. Stop using the term.

$ Secondly , I will comply with whatever law they should pass because they have shown that they know better than I about these items. $

#88 steveTA84

• 2,970 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

Education is a huge issue. Both locally and nationally. For example, a kid is more likely to get hit by lightning multiple times than be involved in one of these "common" school shootings. Something that can be supported by a Harvard risk management academic and that was actually published in, I can't remember off hand, either WaPo or NYT. You can also argue that becoming an anti hero in your suicide in the mass media is the true motivator for these shooting. Obviously the media will not cover that but then local and national gun control orgs are not proactive on these issues. Out of fear of the "optics", or lack of resources or even interest the fight against gun control is reactive not proactive.

We could use the gun dealers in the state to get out the word to FUDDs. Well, after this latest bill passed good luck with that. CCW instructors could do it as well. We could advertise and launch an aggressive PR campaign (challenging as it might be) to educate with a mass media/online advertising program or through an organized grass roots fashion. There was some discussion about this both on the board and back channel around the Northbrook gun control vote and pre-election. 

I was one that pushed the idea but backed off. Why? Because, unfortunately, the time to do that was 5 years or so ago when the Bloomberg groups began their push in the suburbs, signing up lonely housewives and crazy cat ladies looking for some meaning in their lives. By Sept. or Oct. of 2018 the horse was already out of the barn. There was no ability at that point and now, to even organize the gun community that wanted to fight these issues beyond just getting some bodies to show up at various show meetings with already pre-determined outcomes for the eventual vote. No mechanism in place to manage the response once they were there (make it contentious politically, put them on the spot personally, call them out for the identitarian, authoritarian leftists they are, look to leverage political fractures, etc.). No time to get one in place. We had already lost some key suburban Republicans by that point and the education opportunities are multi-year in nature especially in face of the media's active opposition. 

So education is a great idea. But who is going to run that? Who will be proactive? We're talking a full time job involve at least several mar-com people in addition to lobbyists, a database person, etc. Who in IL either at the GOP or association level will actually fight? Will ISRA sell their range and put that money into the 2nd, or just make sure there is a Garand exemption with each bill and a legal check (appreciated regardless), after the fact?

Personally, I will continue to fill out witness slips, make calls, go to public meetings and rallies as appropriate until the only choice that makes sense is relocating to some state that is still America, more or less.. But it will take years to get our message out even just to gun owners. And it will take commitment and resources beyond the volunteer level.

Sounds like how the communists and Third Reich recruited in the early stages, doesn’t it? And look at the leftist groups like Antifa that are recruiting and look at the recruits. Scary times.....

#89 spanishjames

• 2,930 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

They are telegraphing that they'll take the whole cake, so you don't complain as much when they take half.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#90 spec4

• Members
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:45 AM

Just thinking over what should be done right away.  Whatever your feelings are about the NRA, they are the biggest and best known pro 2A organization.  It would be refreshing if they stepped up today big time and sent a team to Illinois along with all the media sources they have.  Surely they are aware of this attack on the freedom of all Illinois citizens.

Some posts have argued that the courts take too long and I agree.  That however is the only place a clear affirmation of 2A will have lasting results.  The Chicago area electorate and therefore Chicago area pols control the state and will not be swayed in their ignorance  and corrupt desire for control.  Ever.   

Wish I could offer better answers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users