Ammo purchase search engine

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...

I have had good luck with www.ccwammo.com they only have carry/duty ammo from what I can see but its good stuf

HEY!!! RA9T IN STOCK!

Thanks so much for the link. I feel like your sent me a picture of Bigfoot holding today's newspaper while riding a unicorn.

I'll be listing some for sale soon. PM me if you want some. Northern Illinois FTF.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had good luck with www.ccwammo.com they only have carry/duty ammo from what I can see but its good stuf

HEY!!! RA9T IN STOCK!Thanks so much for the link. I feel like your sent me a picture of Bigfoot holding today's newspaper while riding a unicorn.

Just to follow up on these guys...it took three tries to get them to acknowledge they received a copy of my foid. I just got a tracking number today. Not sure if this is typical, or a fluke. I decided to buy from pdpsc ftf instead. No baloney working with him. We'll see how much longer the online transaction takes.

HEY!!! RA9T IN STOCK!Thanks so much for the link. I feel like your sent me a picture of Bigfoot holding today's newspaper while riding a unicorn.
Just to follow up on these guys...it took three tries to get them to acknowledge they received a copy of my foid. I just got a tracking number today. Not sure if this is typical, or a fluke. I decided to buy from pdpsc ftf instead. No baloney working with him. We'll see how much longer the online transaction takes.

More follow up. Just got a $16 shipping cost refund because of all the trouble. That's a nice gesture given the issues.

Final follow up on ccwammo.com. My shipment arrived today. They paid my shipping costs and included a hand written apology for the mix up/delay in getting my FOID on file. Emailing them at ccwammo@ccwammo.com as their website suggests is a bad plan. Instead email them at sales@ccwammo.com . That's what cost me so much grief waiting.

Anyway, these guys are safe to order from. My ammo is perfect and the pricing on hard to find ammo is competitive. If I run out, and I can't hit up pdpsc for more I'll be using these guys.

• 7 months later...
How can one purcahse ammo online living in Illinois? I kep finding it on websites that will sell to a FFL dealer only, and the closest one is in Indiana because I am on the border, can I have it shipped to there?

Depends on where in Illinois you live.

Chicago / Cook County? Lots of places still won't ship there.

As for the rest of the state, most places just require a copy of your FOID card be kept on file. I pretty much only buy ammo online.

I live in Southern Illinois. I guess I will try again. I was excited because I bought some online but then they cancelled my order for being in Illinois, I thought they would email me to ask for a copy of my FOID card since there was no way to add one at the time of purchase, but no such luck. :ermm:

If you look at their shipping policy's fine print, there's generally a blurb about Illinois and what's required for an order.

It's generally best to create an account (I use MidwayUSA, Bulk Ammo, Palmetto State Armory, Freedom Munitions, etc) then send them a quick email with a copy of my DL and FOID. Once they confirm, you can order to your heart's (or your credit card's) content.

Happy shopping!

ETA: Most, if not all, places will keep your FOID on file if you create an account, so future orders are just a matter of adding stuff to your cart and paying for it.

• 1 month later...

I had searched using Gunbot earlier that afternoon and there wasn't anything, and I'd been searching daily before that or weeks. I actually didn't have alert setup but I checked IllinoisCarry and had a PM telling me the RA9T was in stock.

I bought 10 boxes as quick as I could :)

Then I ran Gunbot again and it showed a ton of RA9T out there.

Archived