Call to Action 3/24/2019 – IGOLD Edition

mauserme

A Good Week for Gun Owners!

Friday, March 22, a Lake County Circuit Court judge issued a permanent injunction blocking​ enforcement of Deerfield's "assault weapon" ban, finding that its authority to the enact a ban was preempted by State law. Our congratulations and thanks go out to lead plaintiff Daniel Easterday, and organizational plaintiff ISRA.

This ruling followed an Illinois Supreme Court ruling in People v Webb finding that Tasers and stun guns are bearable arms protected by the Second Amendment. As such, Illinois' ban was found to be unconstitutional.

Finally, in People v Brown, the lower court's finding that the Illinois FOID Act is unconstitutional as applied to Ms. Brown has been appealed to the Illinois Supreme Court by the State. IllinoisCarry is happy to have arranged counsel for Ms. Brown that we feel will be more than up to the task at hand.

STOP!

Yes, you! STOP finding reasons to not be involved. STOP letting friends and family off the hook. STOP letting anti-gun legislators have their way with Illinois law. IGOLD is March 27. Plan to be in Springfield, 11:30 a.m., Bank of Springfield Convention Center. March to the Capitol and share your concerns about proposed legislation with your State Representative and State Senator.

Make a special effort to visit the offices of House Minority Leader Jim Durkin and Senate Minority Leader Bill Brady. It is time to be blunt and tell them to STOP letting a few GOP members, including Leader Durkin, run amok sponsoring and voting for anti-gun legislation like they did last session. Tell them to STOP donating money to anti-gun groups like they did last session. Tell them to STOP breaking the GOP vow to “... oppose any efforts by the state or municipalities to impede the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.”

If you are unable to speak to them personally, call them Wednesday during the IGOLD proceedings. Tell them to STOP:

House Minority Leader Jim Durkin
316 Capitol Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-0494

Senate Minority Leader Bill Brady
309G Capitol Building
Springfield, IL 62706
(217) 782-6216

Please also join us once again filing witness slips against three GOP sponsored bills

Remember to log in to your account first, if you have one!

File Witness Slips Now!

Detailed Witness Slip Instructions

In order to avoid completing each field manually, at the top right Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

HB2653 Firearm Penalties

OPPONENT!

A bill increasing penalties for laws that are not enforced

Read More About This Bill

File an OPPONENT Witness Slip

Track the Witness Slip

HB3169 Ban Bump-Fire Stock

OPPONENT!

A bill to ban range toys

Track the Witness Slip

HB3170 Machine Gun - Penalties

OPPONENT!

A bill in search of a problem

Track the Witness Slip

Follow IllinoisCarry on Twitter

Like IllinoisCarry on Facebook!!

Become an IllinoisCarry Member!

It's Free!

I'll be at IGOLD if my health allows. Was in the ER Friday afternoon because of a bad headache and discharged that evening. The condition still persists and we still don't know what is causing this. They believe it is from stress caused by nursing my recently deceased wife through her hospice. I went through SEVERE sleep depravation. So we will have to see if I'm up to it.

I will be there if at all possible. It's time for all those making limp excuses to start stepping up. Not going because Wednesday is bowling night doesn't cut it anymore, people! Please stand up against the tyrants!

I'm starting to get the impression that the dealer licensing bill may be the only anti gun bill that passes this session. That would be a surprise. I won't call it pleasant because the dealer licensing bill, but it's still a surprise.

I think there were signals in January that they didn't plan anything big this year but remember, many of the gun bills that have become law started as an amendment to an unrelated bill late in session. And there's Aurora.

It's a long way to May 31. We're not out of the woods yet.

While most Senate gun bills seem to have mostly been extended to 3-28 or re-referred to assignments, almost every House gun bill is scheduled for either a firearms subcommittee hearing, a Judiciary criminal committee hearing, or both (on the same day). Is there anything to be read into that?

It's common for Senate bills to be extended, often more than once. And the House deadline isn't until this Friday.

I wouldn't read too much into either of those things.

I'll be at IGOLD if my health allows. Was in the ER Friday afternoon because of a bad headache and discharged that evening. The condition still persists and we still don't know what is causing this. They believe it is from stress caused by nursing my recently deceased wife through her hospice. I went through SEVERE sleep depravation. So we will have to see if I'm up to it.

I will be there if at all possible. It's time for all those making limp excuses to start stepping up. Not going because Wednesday is bowling night doesn't cut it anymore, people! Please stand up against the tyrants!

So sorry to heat about your wife, Buzz.

Take care of yourself.

I'll be at IGOLD if my health allows. Was in the ER Friday afternoon because of a bad headache and discharged that evening. The condition still persists and we still don't know what is causing this. They believe it is from stress caused by nursing my recently deceased wife through her hospice. I went through SEVERE sleep deprivation. So we will have to see if I'm up to it.

Sorry about your loss. Thoughts and prayers... Take care of yourself first. Looks like you need to fight more than others.

In my case, two of my "battlefronts" prevent me from going this year...

Im so sorry to hear about your wife. That must have been terribly stressful.

Time to start the healing and take care of yourself.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, guys. It has been very tough. We were inseparable and she went to IGOLD several times with me. She also went to many concealed carry events and helped me do a "townhall" meeting for concealed carry in Ogle co. She was a fighter. Thanks again, everyone.

Archived