Ted Nugent Endorses Mitt Romney ...

mauserme

I'm surprised by this but its being reported in multiple web sites:

http://blog.chron.co...ers-rick-perry/

Ted Nugent endorses Mitt Romney but says he prefers Rick Perry

Since Perry's departure from the race, Nugent has been studying his options, which also include former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Surfside.

Of the group, Romney is generally considered the most moderate — something Nugent, particularly known for his advocacy of gun rights, is decidedly not. But he says he is not swayed by pundits. "If the media says one and one equals three, I'm sticking with two," he said.

Nugent described himself as an "improvise, adapt, and overcome" guy and said he doesn't begrudge Romney for positions he has taken in the past. For example, while Nugent admits to being "offended and repulsed" when Romney signed off on an assault weapons ban during his time as governor, he understood the context given Romney's location at the time.

"He was in Massachusetts," Nugent said. "He wasn't in America."

It was on a phone call with the candidate earlier today that Nugent gave his blessing. He talked to Romney by phone while he was at a sporting goods store in Michigan "celebrating the orgy of guns and ammos and bows and arrows and camouflage clothing and hunting and fishing and outdoor family supplies."

Before endorsing him, Nugent demanded that Romney pledge there would be no new gun laws or restrictions on Second Amendment rights in his administration. Romney obliged. Nugent also warned Romney about the "out of control" U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

"These are not Ted Nugent demands," he said. "They're logic demands. They're 'we the people' demands. They're right over wrong, good over bad."

Nugent summed up his position on the Perry-less primary race in this way:

"Basically, America is in a suicidal tailspin right now. Our government is out of control. The power abuse, the corruption, the insanity of spending money that will never exist… The conclusion based on all the evidence I can find is that Mitt Romney has the best shot at bringing the U.S. Constituion, common sense, and the American way back to the White House."

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

If Mitt is a card carrying member of the NRA he does meet Ted's minimum requirement for association.

I would let the process shake out a little before making an endorsement. I can see no harm holding of until at least 50% of the population has had the chance to weigh-in.

Mitt is probably the least 2A supportive candidate in the Republican bunch. It is a shame that the process to vet a party candidate for the Republicans is not an in-house selection to choose the best candidate to bring forth the parties principles and platform. The candidate search has devolved into casting most of the principles aside in order to produce a candidate that can beat the opponent. The established pollitical process produces candidates with the lowest common denominator of principle, character and morals.

In the primary I will vote for the candidate that reflects my principles, otherwise I would consider myself a coward for not standing up for my beliefs. In the general election I will support the candidate closest to my beliefs of liberty and governance, which on a personal level is usually no contest at all just plain good vs evil, just vs unjust, moral vs immoral and people vs big government bureaucracy.

My party candidate: :whistle:

Opposition party candidate: :evil:

My respect for Mr. Nugent has taken a "nose-dive" !

Sometimes your options are very limited. Romney seems like he is becoming the choice of the R party. What is one going to do? Vote for some 3rd party candidate that amounts to a vote for Obama? Or does one accept the far lesser evil of Romney.

In any case, Romney's father was governor of MI and Nugent lives in MI. It is also possible that there is some residual effect going on there.

Politics is always about what you can do right now versus what might be seen as ideal. The thing is that there are a lot more people who see Romney as less threatening than someone like Ron Paul who we might see as a better choice.

The bottom line is that there are going to be two choices come November. Obama and whoever gets the R nomination. That is it. You can either work against Obama or for him. Those are the only options.

Before endorsing him, Nugent demanded that Romney pledge there would be no new gun laws or restrictions on Second Amendment rights in his administration. Romney obliged. Nugent also warned Romney about the "out of control" U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.

"These are not Ted Nugent demands," he said. "They're logic demands. They're 'we the people' demands. They're right over wrong, good over bad."

Not much more we need then this, You think Nugent's going to support a guy that's going to screw with our 2a rights?

The Nudge got a pledge from Romney, nuff said. Why that affects the "respect" folks have for him is beyond me.....

Here is what Ted Tweeted yesterday:

after a long heart&soul conversation with MittRomney today I concluded this goodman will properly represent we the people & I endorsed him

Not much more we need then this, You think Nugent's going to support a guy that's going to screw with our 2a rights?

The Nudge got a pledge from Romney, nuff said. Why that affects the "respect" folks have for him is beyond me.....

Here is what Ted Tweeted yesterday:

after a long heart&soul conversation with MittRomney today I concluded this goodman will properly represent we the people & I endorsed him

This is why

My link

My respect for Mr. Nugent has taken a "nose-dive" !

Sometimes your options are very limited. Romney seems like he is becoming the choice of the R party. What is one going to do? Vote for some 3rd party candidate that amounts to a vote for Obama? Or does one accept the far lesser evil of Romney.

In any case, Romney's father was governor of MI and Nugent lives in MI. It is also possible that there is some residual effect going on there.

Politics is always about what you can do right now versus what might be seen as ideal. The thing is that there are a lot more people who see Romney as less threatening than someone like Ron Paul who we might see as a better choice.

The bottom line is that there are going to be two choices come November. Obama and whoever gets the R nomination. That is it. You can either work against Obama or for him. Those are the only options.

What I'm trying to say is that this November I'll be "holding my nose" when I cast my vote for the person with the R after his name. :whistle:

Archived