Bills in the 2014 Spring Session

mauserme

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, January 28, 2014 at 09:40 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, January 28, 2014 at 09:40 PM - No reason given
IF HB3649 is enacted, can we get a $50 refund? :ermm:

You funny

Hey, I need the money to pay the state to setup an LLC, so they are going to get it either way... :geek:

Drury is a tool. He just sent out an email blast to everyone recommending that they put No Gun stickers on their individual homes. That should make it very easy for the criminals to decide what homes to hit first.

Do you have a copy of the email that you could post here? I'd like to see his reasoning.

IF HB3649 is enacted, can we get a $50 refund? :ermm:

You funny

Hey, I need the money to pay the state to setup an LLC, so they are going to get it either way... :geek:

That bill also reduces the non-res app to $100, I noticed.

Thanks for posting this, mauser, - great information in one place!

best

mqqn

District Office

425 Sheridan Road

Highwood, Illinois 60040

(847) 681-8580 * Repdrury@gmail.com

January 27, 2014

Friends:

If you don't see this sign, guns are likely allowed.

As of January 1, 2014, people can carry loaded concealed weapons in public.  Here a few things you should know about this ill-conceived law that I voted against:

SEE THE SIGNS

By law, guns are allowed in most businesses unless they post the no-gun sign shown on the right.  If you do not see the sign in the window, we recommend that you politely ask the owner if s/he is aware of the law and request that s/he put up the sign.  Click here to print a copy of the sign. Before hanging the sign, please cut around the black border so that it measures 4 x 6 inches.

DOES MY HOME NEED A SIGN?

The law requires businesses that do not allow guns to post the sign.  The law does not have the same sign requirement for private residences.  However, if you do not post a sign, it seems that the responsibility is on you to let visitors know that you do not allow concealed weapons in your home.

LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS

Today, we are filing legislation that tightens the concealed carry law to better protect our families and communities.  If passed, the legislation will, among other things, prohibit concealed weapons in private residences -- i.e., your home, without the need for a sign or verbal warning.

If you have any questions about the concealed carry law, please contact our office.  We are happy to help.  As always, thank you for the privilege of allowing me to represent you.

--Scott

Illinois' 58th District includes all or portions of Bannockburn, Deerfield, Glencoe, Highland Park, Highwood, Knollwood, Lake Bluff, Lake Forest, Lincolnshire, Northbrook, North Chicago and Riverwoods.

Forward this email

State Representative Scott Drury | 425 Sheridan Road | Highwood | IL | 60040

Asshat.

▶ Show quoted text

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Drury is a tool. He just sent out an email blast to everyone recommending that they put No Gun stickers on their individual homes. That should make it very easy for the criminals to decide what homes to hit first.
How funny. I didn't get one, and I live right around the corner from the tools office. If you really want to corner him about gun control just ask him about violent crime rates in the Fort Sheridan military housing community near his office. There is none, and this neighborhood likely has more firearms than anywhere else in Highwood, Highland Park, or anywhere in his district. First thing he'll do is point out that the neighborhood is military. You should then point out it is exclusively for E-7 and above personnel, the majority being commissioned officers that work as attorneys, chaplains, doctors, nurses, etc. Due to The Geneva Convention these personnel do not get firearms training until right before a deployment, except chaplains. One of the chaplains I live by told me The Geneva Convention stipulates that he cannot have a firearm in the field.

Filed 1/28/2014:

Good

SB2686 Firearm Owners ID Renewal Fees - Grants a grace period for FOID renewals applied for but not processed

Neutral

SB2707 Revenue Tech - Amends the use tax

SB2725 Corrections Tech

SB2726 Transportation Tech - Makes a technical change concerning jurisdiction of the DNR

SB2742 Health Tech

SB2747 School Security Task Force

Added a couple offerings from Josh Harms:

Good House Bills

HB4376 Crim Cd Firearm Transport - Provides that a current FOID holder can transport a firearm in a vehicle not subject to traditional transport requirements

Neutral House Bills

HB4377 Archery Equipment Transport - Provides that archery equipment may be transported in a vehicle not subject to traditional transport requirements

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, January 30, 2014 at 02:28 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, January 30, 2014 at 02:28 AM - No reason given

Anybody seen my sling bow bill this yr been out of town for 3 weeks rep said they would run it but haven't found it yet

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

This one?

HB4439 Bow and Arrow Definition - Expands the definition of "bow and arrow"

I was just going to send you a PM asking if it was yours.

Anybody seen my sling bow bill this yr been out of town for 3 weeks rep said they would run it but haven't found it yet

This one?

HB4439 Bow and Arrow Definition - Expands the definition of "bow and arrow"

I was just going to send you a PM asking if it was yours.

That's the one, thanks! we've worked hard on this this yr my friend chief aj who manufactures them here in Il has provided all kinds of energy documentation and even killed a grizzly this yr with one to prove its effectivness it wasn't untill he threatened to sue dnr because they have never required any other bow manufacture to prove their effectivness that they started to play ball, I don't think they support it yet but supposedly they won't block it this yr .....we shall see it will be interesting

A few new House bills:

Good House Bills

HB4507 FOID Records - Provides that ISP shall destroy records related to the dial up system within 31 days (with exceptions)

Bad House Bills

HB4517 Concealed Carry Restaurant - Prohibits concealed carry in any restaurant

Neutral House Bills

HB4500 Hunting/Fishing - Disabled Vets - Provides for free hunting & fishing licenses to veterans witha 50% or more disability

HB4619 - Concealed carry fees > stikes the $300 non-resident fee, leaving the default at $150.00.

http://www.ilga.gov/...sionID=85&GA=98

HB4620 - Concealed carry - presumption > amends the FCCA to provide handing an officer your FCCL along with the license fully complies with the notification provision.

http://www.ilga.gov/...sionID=85&GA=98

Both are good bills in lieu of what is currently law. Filed by Rep. John D. Cavaletto

Thanks lockman. I've added those and a few others.

Here's today's list:

Good House Bills

HB4619 Concealed Carry Fees - Reduces nonresident license fee to $150

HB4620 Concealed Carry Presumption - Defines circumstances by which a person may comply with the duty to inform

Bad House Bills

HB4574 Lost & Stolen Firearms - Provides for a 5 year suspension of a FOID and FCCL for a 3rd failure to report a lost or stolen firearm

Neutral House Bills

HR814 Urge GA - Explosive Law

HB4548 Wildlife Tech

HB4549 Wildlife Tech

HB4550 Wildlife Tech

Senate Bills Under Review

SB2994 Firearm Discharge Report

Good Senate Bills

SB2969 Concealed Carry Other Acts - Insulates carry authorized under other acts from FCCA restrictions

SB2970 Firearm Regulation Defines - Defines "regulation" as used in the FOID and FCCA

Neutral Senate Bills

SB2859 Criminal Law Tech

SB2860 Criminal Law Tech

SB2861 Criminal law Tech

SB2868 Regulation Tech - Makes a technical change concerning violations of the Pawnbroker Regulation Act

SB2893 Criminal Law Tech

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, February 5, 2014 at 07:38 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, February 5, 2014 at 07:38 PM - No reason given

Good House Bills

HB4619 Concealed Carry Fees - Reduces nonresident license fee to $150

Seeing as how nonresident licenses are just about impossible to obtain, this bill may actually have a chance to succeed. It's hard to see who would be objecting to the lower fee for a license that is unobtainable.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, February 5, 2014 at 07:38 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, February 5, 2014 at 07:38 PM - No reason given

If I were you I wouldn't give it a second thought. No one expected your support and, since it isn't needed, we'll just plug along as we always have.

Huh, wait, what?

Some new House bills were filed today. It looks like there may some Senate bills in the pipe line.

Good House Bills

HB4654 Firearm Reg Defines - Defines "regulation" as used in the FOID and FCCA

HB4682 Concealed Carry DOT Rest Area - Provides that the prohibition on carry in buildings under control of the Executive Branch does not apply to rest areas

HB4686 Conealed Carry Preemption - Provides for reimbursement of legal fees plus payment of punitive damages for violations of preemption

HB4712 Concealed Carry Preemption - Clarifies the legislative intent of preemption under the FCCA

HB4722 Firearm Concealed Carry - Removes prohibition on carry in public parks

Bad House Bills

HB4715 Firearms Registration - Mandates annually renewable firearm registration, requires registration by both seller and buyer when transferring ownership of a firearm, limits ammunition to registered firearms, provides for additional background checks, requires seller to verifiy buyer's identity

A few off topic posts have been removed. Let's keep this thread dedicated to indentifying new bills and some discussion related to how they should be categorized. Editorializing is best left to other threads.

And here is today's update:

Good House Bills

HB5299 Crim Cd Sawed Off Rifle

HB5300 Crim Cd Sawed Off Rifles

Neutral House Bills

HB4815 Safety Tech - Amends the Pyrotechnic Use Act

HB4849 Safety Tech - Amends the FOID Act (legislative declaration)

HB4850 Safety Tech - Amends the FOID Act (legislative declaration)

HB4851 Safety Tech - Amends the FOID Act (legislative declaration)

HB4852 Safety Tech - Amends the FOID Act (legislative declaration)

HB4853 Safety Tech - Amends the FOID Act (legislative declaration)

HB4854 Safety Tech - Amends the FOID Act (legislative declaration)

HB4859 Criinal Law Tech

HB4863 Criminal Law Tech

HB4864 Criminal Law Tech

HB4865 Criminal Law Tech

HB4866 Criminal Law Tech

HB4919 Health Tech - Amends the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code

HB4920 Health Tech - Amends the Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Code

HB5035 Regulation Tech - Amends the Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act

HB5055 Safety Tech - Amends the Hazardous Materials Emergency Act

HB5072 Revenue Tech - Amends the Use Tax Act

HB5073 Revenue Tech - Amends the Use Tax Act

HB5074 Revenue Tech - Amends the Use Tax Act

HB5077 Transportation Tech - DNR jurisdiction

HB5079 Wildlife Tech

HB5080 Wildlife Tech

HB5081 Wildlife Tech

HB5085 Agriculture Tech

HB5130 Criminal Law Tech - Unlawful sale or delivery of firearms.

HB5137 Criminal Law Tech

HB5138 WIldlife Tech

HB5139 Wildlife Tech

Archived