Renewals have begun

My CCL expiration date is 2/28, but my renew button was live today - more than 90 days early. I went ahead and renewed. Everything went in and it seems all is well.

It shouldn't be so stressful to fill out a lousy renewal form. But I kept thinking... don't screw up...don't screw up... don't screw up. It took me twice as long as it should have, just because I kept checking and rechecking the info - which most of is already there from the first go round.

The only thing you need other than your Cert is a selfie of yourself - no smiles, no hats, no glasses and from the top of your head to the shoulders with a solid light background. All my fingerprint info from the original renewal was there - as it should be.

Now? I guess I just wait :)

Did your renewal button just become active yesterday or did you just notice it and renew.

Others with a 2/28 renewal date had the button become active on 10/31 and were able to renew then. Per Molly’s response from the ISP"

I really hadn't checked it. I kept hearing about the 90 day thing, just happened to go and see if it was up yet and it was. More happenstance than anything.

Take my renewal class next Saturday. Will be renewing immediately. My expiration date is 2/28. I had issues with the website as I couldn't remember my user ID. Pulled out my old computer I had originally applied on and I finally remembered it.

I found the renewal application to be pretty straightforward.

I was even able to use the "save" feature successfully.

When there's a button, I like to push it.

And I smiled... matches my DL!

Check the status of your FOID using the gun transfer foid check on the isp site

It's fine, but I'm stuck in an infinite loop with this stupid gray box that doesn't let me select FOID or unselect it. Of course you can't get anyone at the ISP, they just say there is a high call volume and hangup on you.

Are you talking about the System Warning that addresses smart phones, tablets, and 90 day lead time? If so, have you tried clicking the x in the upper right corner of that little box?

I just checked the status of my renewal application without any problem.

I received a scare in the mail yesterday. It was a letter from the Illinois State Police. Now, since I just sent in my renewal a week ago, my stomach jumped and I thought for sure this was a letter of rejection from God knows who!

It wasn't.

It was a letter reminding me my CCL was expiring soon and to get my renewal in. Which I already did. A week ago.

This stupid State.

Check the status of your FOID using the gun transfer foid check on the isp site

It's fine, but I'm stuck in an infinite loop with this stupid gray box that doesn't let me select FOID or unselect it. Of course you can't get anyone at the ISP, they just say there is a high call volume and hangup on you.

Are you talking about the System Warning that addresses smart phones, tablets, and 90 day lead time? If so, have you tried clicking the x in the upper right corner of that little box?

I just checked the status of my renewal application without any problem.

No this is after you enter the renewal application.

re the FOID check box and the inability to uncheck it...I had the same thing but remember the early licensees weren't issued a new FOID with their CCLs as the later ones were. After a while the CCL people were issued a new FOID card so the numbers would match. This is probably to correct things and get all the numbers to match. There was no charge for the FOID so I expect it will have the new number but still expire at the same time as my present one. Or I could be wrong.

One question that I'm sure has been answered here, but I'm unable to find it is what happens when your card expires, but you've renewed and you don't have your new card in hand? Are expired licenses after you've submitted your renewal still valid for a certain period of time while you're waiting for the new card to come in?

Yes your card remains active as long as you renew before it expires.

One question that I'm sure has been answered here, but I'm unable to find it is what happens when your card expires, but you've renewed and you don't have your new card in hand? Are expired licenses after you've submitted your renewal still valid for a certain period of time while you're waiting for the new card to come in?

Okay cool. My renewal class is in a couple of weeks, but that was one thing I wasn't sure of. Thanks!

Okay cool. My renewal class is in a couple of weeks, but that was one thing I wasn't sure of. Thanks!
Found at 430 ILCS 66/70 paragraph c

Try creating a new account and start over again.

Huh? It's something on their end, if I could just get someone on the damned phone.

Your way has been a complete failure. You ask for advice. Then you reject a suggestion from the person who has probably helped more persons than anyone else to deal with the ISP concerning CCL and FOID problems.

I received a scare in the mail yesterday. It was a letter from the Illinois State Police. Now, since I just sent in my renewal a week ago, my stomach jumped and I thought for sure this was a letter of rejection from God knows who!

It wasn't.

It was a letter reminding me my CCL was expiring soon and to get my renewal in. Which I already did. A week ago.

This stupid State.

I received my renewal letter in the mail Friday as well. I was a bit apprehensive at first too. (why are they contacting me?)

I admit I only gave it a quick read over... & saw the verbiage about the 90 & 120 day waits. Do they want folks to resubmit prints if you did it the first time? I realize it's not REQUIRED but, since I expire early March & still need my renewal training want to ensure I'm closer to the 90 day renewal than the 120 days.

Respectfully,

We take our class this Saturday, trying to decide how soon I will renew once the class is complete. Since I stay valid once I have applied, tempted to wait til February and get the most out of my $150 license fee.

I renewed the day after I was eligible.

Costs of License:

$150.00 5 years

$ 30.00 1 year

$ 2.50 1 month

$ .09 1 day (.08219)

While YMMV, I cannot see any significant cost advantage in trying to maximize the length of my original license. There are potential downfalls to carrying a gun on a license which is valid but appears, at first glance, not to be valid.

We take our class this Saturday, trying to decide how soon I will renew once the class is complete. Since I stay valid once I have applied, tempted to wait til February and get the most out of my $150 license fee.

I renewed the day after I was eligible.

Costs of License:

$150.00 5 years

$ 30.00 1 year

$ 2.50 1 month

$ .09 1 day (.08219)

While YMMV, I cannot see any significant cost advantage in trying to maximize the length of my original license. There are potential downfalls to carrying a gun on a license which is valid but appears, at first glance, not to be valid.

Bolding being mine, your license remains valid even after it expires if you renew before the expiration date.

You may not see the cost advantage but the state will reap a lot of dollars for early renewals. Personally I expire 2/28 like others. I will not renew until January. Here is my reasoning.

If you renew early and let's say everyone does and loses just one month off of their expiration date. By your numbers which is correct. With over 300,000 FCCL holders at a minimum the state will screw us out of $750,000. Now if you lose two months, that now becomes $1.5 million dollars.

I paid for 5 years and I should get my 5 years and not anything less. I don't like giving the state $150 for a permission slip to exercise a constitutional right in the first place. Changing your expiration date based on a new issue date is another slap in the face.

Try creating a new account and start over again.

Huh? It's something on their end, if I could just get someone on the damned phone.

Your way has been a complete failure. You ask for advice. Then you reject a suggestion from the person who has probably helped more persons than anyone else to deal with the ISP concerning CCL and FOID problems.

Look Skippy, I put this out there for others who might be having the same issue. Creating a new login takes you back to the exact same application... and so the problem is still there. It's also impossible to get the people on the phone to get them to do something about it.

Archived