Photo

Point Blank Opens in Naperville

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 DomG

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Wow a lot of hate here for JR! I guess I have a soft spot for them. Bought my first gun there many years ago and have sent many family members and friends there. Haven't heard a complaint from any of them. Really nice family owned business. I remember the kids very young there and now they're basically running the place. Not trying to advertise for them, but it's become my go to place after trying a few others.

Thanks for posting, JR.

Yeah except I'm not. Good that people like you won't go there I guess. More positivity is what we need in the gun community, not negative people. We've got enough people against us from the anti-gunners.

Well, you should have JR all to yourself soon. The only negative people at JR are behind the counter. The range pass deal at Point Blank is cheaper than a one time visit at JR and they don't charge full price to the second person for a shared lane like JR. JR will HAVE to improve their customer service and prices or there will be an empty building on Oakhurst Drive soon.

Edited by DomG, 25 October 2017 - 05:54 PM.

"Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges." - Tacitus"
The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." -Tacitus

NRA Life Member
ISRA
USCCA
IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member
USAF Retired (So I guess that makes me a Life Member)

#62 pingpong45

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

i use to live in IL from 2008 to 2012 and then moved to FL and now back again.

You can see a clearer picture now :)

Right he obviously has to have a IL license if heâs applying for his foid so unless he has a friend with a valid foid I donât know whoâd let him shoot without having a friend because he is a IL resident with no foid card. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you talking about pingpong45? I ask because this was this was their first post 4 days ago:

I need help with the medical appeal process. This was the first time i applied for the card

i live near Oswego area and my FOID was deined due to Medical reasoning....I was admitted to a facility because i was dumb and stupid 7 years ago and didn't know what i was doing there hasn't been anything else on my records no arrest no charges....what should i be doing to get my rights restored, any of f you know a physician, clinical psycologist, or a qualified examiner

Below is the letter i recieved

"Your application for a firearm owner's identification (FOID) card has been denied. You are prohibited from firearms for reasons listed below and pursuant to:

430 ILCS 65/8 (U) - A person who has had his or her FOID card revoked or denied under subsection (e) of 430 ILCS 65/8 or item (iv) of section 4 of the FOID act because he or she was a patient in a mental health facility, shall not be premitted to obtain FOID, after the 5 year period has lapsed, 

unless he or she has recieved a mental health evaluation by physician, clinical psycologist, or a qualified examiner and has recieved a certification that he or she is not a clear and present danger to himself, herself and others

MENTAL HEALTH ADMISSIONS OVER 5 YEARS 5/19/2010 DUPAGE COUNTY, IL

for additional infomation please call ........."

#63 DomG

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Great Deal, the Military Discount is for veterans and active duty along with first responders. Just thought I would pass it along.1646cf5e9b763e04d710eb9d0ee9ed7e.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. Stopped by this afternoon and signed up for the shooter's pass with the military discount. Gave the associate my FOID, credit card and military retiree card. He processed it and said it is $19.99 a month because he couldn't get the military discount code to work. "Is that OK?" I said, "No, that is not OK. Over 12 months, that $2.50 a month adds up to $30, which is almost the cost of 2 months at $17.50." So I have a call and email into their corporate office to fix this. I got the card with the expectation that this will be corrected. Disappointed that they don't have this figured out, when it is such a great deal, I would think many vets would take advantage of the deal. Hope they fix it, but $20 a month is still a steal. Going to shoot there on Friday.FYI, these special deals end tomorrow. You need to sign up in person. Friday is the Grand Opening and these deals go away.

Got a call from their corporate HQ this morning. They corrected the charge and changed my monthly fee to $17.50. They said the military discount code will also work in the store now for anyone who goes today- the last day for the deal.

It's almost like having a free range to go to. Even someone with private property to shoot on has expenses- property tax, upkeep, mortgage. Considering the proximity to my house, I can stop on the way home a few times a month, shoot off 2-3 mags and leave. Couple that with a few long range sessions.

NRA Life Member
ISRA
USCCA
IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member

#64 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

Basically bring in your DD214 today and get the $17.49 price? I hate when businesses are not ready to open and you have to call corporate.

Every new place is going to have some bugs but I hate when you get " I'm trying my best but it wont go through." Especially if there are people waiting behind you, it can be a PITA.

#65 DomG

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Basically bring in your DD214 today and get the $17.49 price? I hate when businesses are not ready to open and you have to call corporate.
Every new place is going to have some bugs but I hate when you get " I'm trying my best but it wont go through." Especially if there are people waiting behind you, it can be a PITA.

That should be all it takes. The sign says "All veterans and active duty." I used my retired ID, but a 214 should suffice. Honestly, the lady who called me from their corporate office couldn't have been nicer. And she said the military discount code should work today. If not, sign up for $20 and contact their office. Easy fix. It's an incredible deal, although my monthly ammo expense just went through the roof.

Edited by DomG, 26 October 2017 - 08:55 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA
USCCA
IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member

#66 Mick G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

That should be all it takes. The sign says "All veterans and active duty." I used my retired ID, but a 214 should suffice. Honestly, the lady who called me from their corporate office couldn't have been nicer. And she said the military discount code should work today. If not, sign up for $20 and contact their office. Easy fix. It's an incredible deal, although my monthly ammo expense just went through the roof.

IMO probably a little bit but it's fun and you cant put a price on fun. Until the CC bill comes anyway.

#67 aka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

A friend has shot at PB and wants me to go there with her. How do they handle the issue of carry pistols - do you have to unload at your car and carry it in cased or can you take your loaded carry pistol off your belt at the firing line? I much prefer the latter, plus it's safer, not unloading at your car. On Target in Crystal Lake allowed me to unholster at the firing line, but I've not been shooting in over a year (diving sort of took over).

You can unholster once you are in the range and in your lane. When you done re-holster in the lane. 

Thank you

Arvind Aggarwal

aka@aka123.com

--------------------------------
IL CCW License Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Member
Glock Armorer

#68 pingpong45

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Went to Shoot point blank on Thursday, they didn't accept my FL ID for range practice, they require FOID to shoot at their range 

#69 OldMarineVet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

I would hope that the "Veteran" indicator now on my IL Drivers License would also work. I don't like people making copies of my DD214.

#70 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,250 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Ya

Its not easy to get your Veteran driver's license - I had to go to the county veterans office and show them my DD214, its not like they just hand them out.

I'd like to see the state do the same thing with the CCL

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#71 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,250 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

I spoke with Sam at Point Blank and they do accept the Illinois Driver's license with the veteran's designation

Pretty cool.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#72 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Ya

Its not easy to get your Veteran driver's license - I had to go to the county veterans office and show them my DD214, its not like they just hand them out.

I'd like to see the state do the same thing with the CCL

I tried to get the veterans designation when I renewed my DL but the IDVA did not make it easy. I went to the Naperville location on a Friday and it was closed. I then drove over to the Wheaton office and it was closed too even though both said they were open on fridays. I gave up.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#73 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,250 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

I had to go to the IDVA at the DuPage County complex first and they gave me a "certification" which I then took to the Wheaton office.  I don't even remember having to take a new photo - they just printed out a new license  IIRC.

- N. A. Halkides -

#74 DomG

• Members
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

I would hope that the "Veteran" indicator now on my IL Drivers License would also work. I don't like people making copies of my DD214.

Point Blank didn't make copies of my ID, nor did they make a copy of my buddies 214. They just looked at it and said OK to the military discount.

NRA Life Member
ISRA
USCCA
IL CCL
AZ CWP
VFW Life Member

#75 aka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

Went to Shoot point blank on Thursday, they didn't accept my FL ID for range practice, they require FOID to shoot at their range 

Do you have a FL drivers license? As far as I know if you are NOT a IL resident they will let you shoot using your own guns. They will not rent you a gun or buy ammo. 

Thank you

Arvind Aggarwal

aka@aka123.com

--------------------------------
IL CCW License Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Member
Glock Armorer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users