Call to Action 2/15/2019 - Witness Slips Needed! (UPDATED 2/17/2019)

mauserme

All done.Thanks mauserme.Like the new format.

Thanks. We were hoping it would make things easier.

We're getting late word that these bills probably will be sent to subcommittee this time. That was the word for the last hearing too, and it didn't pan out that way, but we might skip an email alert this time around.

It can't hurt to file slips so if you're in the mood, go right ahead. But if you need a break from these things, this is a good time to take it.

We can not afford to take a break. Especially after what happened today...

We've decided to go forward with this Call to Action, with the addition of SB201 WILDLIFE LEAD AMMUNITION, a bill proposing to ban the use of traditional ammunition for hunting. While the bill does allow for ISP to provide lead free ammo at no or reduced cost, this provision is not required and is subject to available funding, meaning none.

Links to witness slips can be found in the opening post.

We've decided to go forward with this Call to Action, with the addition of SB201 WILDLIFE LEAD AMMUNITION, a bill proposing to ban the use of traditional ammunition for hunting. While the bill does allow for ISP to provide lead free ammo at no or reduced cost, this provision is not required and is subject to available funding, meaning none.

Links to witness slips can be found in the opening post.

Sorry people,if this passes,after the DNR replaces my stockpile of hunting ammo with a lead free version they will have no money left for the rest of you.

Am I the only one that thinks that banning lead shot for HUNTING makes sense from a conservation standpoint? We have coyotes, eagles, and other birds of prey dying of lead poisoning all over the country. Lead free ammo, although slightly more expensive, is common and effective.

I am all for Anti-Fudd legislature. Maybe when shooting durr with their durr rifles is more expensive, they might wake up and start actually opposing all these other laws.

Banning lead at heavily used DNR sites where maybe 50-200 people pound across the same ground daily during a season actually makes sense.They do that at some sites already.Or on heavily concentrated waterfowl routes,which the Feds ban already.But on private land where maybe a few guys go out a few times a season to hunt different species,there would be no concentrations of lead as there is in public sites.It is just another attempt to regulate what you can do our your own land.As mentioned above banning lead at all ranges,public or your own would be next.

Am I the only one that thinks that banning lead shot for HUNTING makes sense from a conservation standpoint? We have coyotes, eagles, and other birds of prey dying of lead poisoning all over the country. Lead free ammo, although slightly more expensive, is common and effective.

I am all for Anti-Fudd legislature. Maybe when shooting durr with their durr rifles is more expensive, they might wake up and start actually opposing all these other laws.

Sorry, had to

http://i.imgur.com/CE38uG2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XIDKoTO.jpg

Archived