Antis are winning the message...

Raw Power

6/10 American's believe their lies:

Although suicides account for the majority of gun deaths in the United States—60% in the latest data—by and large American adults are unaware of this. In our survey, only one-fourth of Americans correctly answered that gun deaths by suicide outnumber deaths resulting from mass shootings, murders other than mass shootings, and accidental gun discharges. This is no better than guessing at random from among the four choices given.

https://www.apmresearchlab.org/gun-related-deaths

Without a clear and concise counter-message (that's actually based in fact and truth), we're in for a lot more pain.

I really don’t believe what polls have to say.

Maybe it’s 6/10, but my immediate family, wife’s family, many neighbors, and many friends are pro 2A... and we all live in Skokie and the north shore (hardcore leftist/anti 2A region).

I have colleagues in Canada that wish they had our rights.

Some of these people I mention are pro 2A because of my effort to educate them on the importance of our right to bear arms. Mainly focusing on the need to keep the government in check.

We have to keep doing our part to educate those around us, and get involved in our communities when the antis come to town.

Hence the real reason the NRA's reputation was targeted so fiercely during the upper admin infighting a couple of months ago.

Without the recognized authority the NRA carries in the national debate on gun confiscation/control, there is no"big name with big money" to counter the anti's lies.

JMHO

6/10 American's believe their lies:

Although suicides account for the majority of gun deaths in the United States—60% in the latest data—by and large American adults are unaware of this. In our survey, only one-fourth of Americans correctly answered that gun deaths by suicide outnumber deaths resulting from mass shootings, murders other than mass shootings, and accidental gun discharges. This is no better than guessing at random from among the four choices given.

https://www.apmresearchlab.org/gun-related-deaths

Without a clear and concise counter-message (that's actually based in fact and truth), we're in for a lot more pain.

The antis own the MSM and Hollywood so is easy for them to brainwash the people.

According to the FBI 297 people died from so called "assault weapons", 443 were killed with hammers and clubs and 1515 with knives but we are told rifles made for civilians aka "assault weapons" are the big problem. 80,000 people die from the flu each year. It's about control, not safety.

https://newschannel20.com/news/local/new-report-more-people-killed-with-knives-other-weapons-than-rifles

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter/

I really don’t believe what polls have to say.

Maybe it’s 6/10, but my immediate family, wife’s family, many neighbors, and many friends are pro 2A... and we all live in Skokie and the north shore (hardcore leftist/anti 2A region).

I have colleagues in Canada that wish they had our rights.

Some of these people I mention are pro 2A because of my effort to educate them on the importance of our right to bear arms. Mainly focusing on the need to keep the government in check.

We have to keep doing our part to educate those around us, and get involved in our communities when the antis come to town.

I don't believe in taxes, but I still have to pay them.

I think beyond just educating those around us (which is critically important), a clear message on what guns are and aren't will be helpful in spreading that message as well. We're up against big money/well-entrenched political groups with a clear and concise agenda.

Hence the real reason the NRA's reputation was targeted so fiercely during the upper admin infighting a couple of months ago.

Without the recognized authority the NRA carries in the national debate on gun confiscation/control, there is no"big name with big money" to counter the anti's lies.

JMHO

Getting Trump to do this would go a long way toward winning the message war against the NRA. The petition may be closed, but the idea is still valid.

The UCR has always shown that assault rifles aren't a significant problem in any regard. The Antis don't care about facts, they care about wild emotions to "do something for the children", which is almost always code for something that will take away your rights, whenever anyone brings it up.

Archived