Altamont grip "review"

smokehouse

So this whole thing started out as a need to pop something to replace some crummy grips that came on my Charter Arms Pitbull. I was doing to some reading/looking and Altamont came up a few times:

I decided to give them a try and landed up getting not only a set for my Charter, but also for my S&W 629. I picked up a pair for more or less traditional coke bottle target grips in Walnut. I ordered the set on Sat, they arrived on Friday.

First off, I'll say that the finish of these stocks is superb. The Charter set was in high gloss, not my favorite, but the Cherry color really pops with gloss. The Walnut stocks are in matte and they look superb. The fit is also superb with absolutely zero play or gaps. I took them out for a spin yesterday and I'm beyond pleased with their products, especially given the price. The grips on the Charter were the real star, they are far more comfortable than the stock rubber set. I debated getting the checkered grips, but even with the high gloss and my very sweaty hands from the 100+ heat index, I had no problem holding on to the pistol. (I liked them so much that I'll be adding a set of their Charter grips for my Bulldog in silverback here soon.)

One side note, funny enough, adding such a nice set of grips on a Charter revolver seems like putting dress shoes on a pig...but at $40, I can't complain.

yiSdP5Ph.jpg

Archived