Best over-ear protection when wearing glasses?

McCroskey

I like to double up my hearing protection with plugs and muffs. But I find my muffs don't seal well when I'm wearing my glasses, which I need to see halfway decent. Any suggestions for good muffs that work well together with hard-frame glasses? Or should I look into getting prescription shooting glasses with wire earhooks?

I wear glasses, and these muffs have been fantastic with the highest protection rating. Mine are 4 years old and still sealing over my glasses just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BEENYCQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are UUuuge...

Must be like wearing two turtles on your head. :cool:

I wear glasses, and these muffs have been fantastic with the highest protection rating. Mine are 4 years old and still sealing over my glasses just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BEENYCQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are UUuuge...

You can see pretty much the same shell on several brands.

What they are NOT is slim. You may not be happy when shooting a rifle. YMMV

Those are UUuuge...

You can see pretty much the same shell on several brands.

What they are NOT is slim. You may not be happy when shooting a rifle. YMMV

Not uncommon on high NRR rating muffs. I also like to double up on muffs and foam plugs but, whether scientifically valid or not, I also prefer higgest NRR I can get, typically about 30 for the passive side but also preferring an electronic muff. Been looking at those like Sordins and ProEars but havent pulled the trigger on those yet. I expect to give up some of the benefit of a thinner muff when shooting long guns.

I bought some replacement gel ear seals with the eyeglass temple relief for my Howard Leight Impact Pros but havent made the time for installing them yet.

I wear walkers link below. I wear glasses when shooting. Seal well never had an issue and I do not double up. At $120 they are far from cheap but I can listen to pat benatar at the same time.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/walkers-razor-slim-quad-electronic-bluetooth-earmuffs?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Google+Smart+Shopping+-+Catch+All+-+PLA_Generic&gclid=CjwKCAjwrKr8BRB_EiwA7eFaprIHMqiKB82wWglbqHdE5Nw-0mYdmrV3ZkfPVA4GXW9E4k1U0C01lRoC_1wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gel seals, I have seen.

Eyeglass temple relief: actual inset or that's how accommodating they are? Got a link?

Actual inset.

...THIS PRODUCT IS PATENT PENDING & MADE IN THE USA

Sightlines was launched on Kickstarter in November of 2017 and successfully brought to market through the generous pledges of hundreds of people from around the world. We want to thank them again for their support.

BACKGROUND:

The owner of Noisefighters is a U.S. Marine Corps combat veteran (OIF + OEF) who recognized these issues while at the shooting range. He identified that the problems caused by headsets and glasses interference were more than an annoyance: they were a significant hindrance to one's ability to concentrate on the task at hand. Instead of simply putting up with the problems listed above, he decided to solve them....

https://noisefighters.com/products/sightlines1

KF_Rear_View_Image1_1512x.jpg

Awesome. I have a compatible headset.

Some muff makers are making seal upgrade kits now but not sure about with eyeglass cuts. These Noisefighters may cost a bit more depending on where you find them (no longer available on Amazon that I could find) but with these, if you like your muffs, you can keep your muffs ;-)

I wear walkers link below. I wear glasses when shooting. Seal well never had an issue and I do not double up. At $120 they are far from cheap but I can listen to pat benatar at the same time.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/walkers-razor-slim-quad-electronic-bluetooth-earmuffs?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Google+Smart+Shopping+-+Catch+All+-+PLA_Generic&gclid=CjwKCAjwrKr8BRB_EiwA7eFaprIHMqiKB82wWglbqHdE5Nw-0mYdmrV3ZkfPVA4GXW9E4k1U0C01lRoC_1wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

DaFaq?!?

$119 for walkers?!

Sure..it has bloooFang...(cuz..we all need that right? :rofl: )

I have a set of Walker razors..(non bloofang)...

I dont remember..but I certainly paid less than 50...

Bought em simply as a 'nother pair.

Honestly? They suck compared to my Howie impact sport as far as the 'sound' goes.

Ya..they are both rated the same...but the Howies just sound 10 time better as far as the speakers go.

The razors sound like you are in a 55 gallon drum. The howies just sound 'normal'...

To add.... Indoors? I always double up...

Then I crank the volume in the electro-muffs.

Works for me.

DaFaq?!?

$119 for walkers?!

Honestly? They suck compared to my Howie impact sport as far as the 'sound' goes.

Ya..they are both rated the same...but the Howies just sound 10 time better as far as the speakers go.

The razors sound like you are in a 55 gallon drum. The howies just sound 'normal'...

Works for me.

Well I didn’t pay that either but that’s a minor detail gone with the wind! Like a rat up a drain pipe.

I will agree that the walkers speaker is as rough as a badgers arse but you know I like them rough and liberal.

I have the howie impact sport to and the speaker are superior but I can’t have Diana Ross and ABBA pewing with me and that’s a problem. This tubby self doesn’t move frequently enough and that music makes the fossil get a groove on!!

DaFaq?!?

$119 for walkers?!

Works for me.

Well I didn’t pay that either but that’s a minor detail gone with the wind! Like a rat up a drain pipe.

I will agree that the walkers speaker is as rough as a badgers arse but you know I like them rough and liberal.

I have the howie impact sport to and the speaker are superior but I can’t have Diana Ross and ABBA pewing with me and that’s a problem. This tubby self doesn’t move frequently enough and that music makes the fossil get a groove on!!

Touche'..... :rofl:

I'll say that I did try wiring up some tunage on the howies...I did it total of 2 times...

While its a neat option (even if over bloofang)... I...personally...don't use it.

ETA:

If pumpin' tunes thru em if say you are mowing the lawn...or something..sure...

At a range...Mmmm...not so much.... Again..thats just me...

Lol! I would say i use them to drown out Mrs Democrat who graces me daily but I bought Bose QC35 for that. Then when she talks I advise I have noise cancellation on and its programmed to cancel her noise out specifically.

I cannot begin to imagine why she wanted to divorce me............................... :super:

Double up(?)....

This is in the 'back room'...I hope she doesnt have your ID/PW....or....I hope she's not actually raw power... :rofl:

(I'm getting banned for that one....)

Lol! I would say i use them to drown out Mrs Democrat who graces me daily but I bought Bose QC35 for that. Then when she talks I advise I have noise cancellation on and its programmed to cancel her noise out specifically.

I cannot begin to imagine why she wanted to divorce me............................... :super:

Double up(?)....

This is in the 'back room'...I hope she doesnt have your ID/PW....or....I hope she's not actually raw power... :rofl:

(I'm getting banned for that one....)

Cannot be RawPower as I like him :)

Archived