Wheaton Town Hall Educational Meeting

boog

ISRA alert did go out today:

ALERT – Second Amendment Forum in Wheaton, Same Location as LCAV Debacle

Gun owners are encouraged to attend this forum that is sponsored and organized by two of the pro-second amendment folks that attended the recent "forum" in the same location by the League of Women Voters and Legal Community Against Violence.

As the previous event was not a forum at all, but a stern one-sided lecture, the organizers, recent congressional candidate Rosanna Pulido and second amendment advocate Don Castella plan an event where both sides are free to express their views, with ample time for questions and comments from the public.

Featured speaker is Dr. Paula Bratich of the Second Amendment Sisters. Several gun control advocates have been invited to attend.

WHEN: Tuesday, May 5, 2009. 7:00 PM. - 9:00 PM

WHERE: Wheaton City Hall, Council Chambers, 303 W. Wesley St, Wheaton, IL

Please pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and encourage them to attend the forum on Tuesday night.

Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you belong.

Someone heckled the main speaker, a Chicago man who survived the Virginia Tech massacre two years ago.
Damnit, this really chaffs me. That one line ruins the whole article for us.

I'm gonna try to be there after work. I'll bring my video camera if I can get there. If the event is packed I'll film what goes on outside the meeting and see if I can get some interviews with the people who couldn't get in.

It will be good to have another camera there, I'm bringing my tripod this time.

Forgot to mention this earlier, I won't be sticking around there as long this time but:

I plan on been at Muldoon's again which is around the corner pretty much.

I'll get there between 5:30 and 5:45

Muldoon'sAddress:‎

133 W Front Street

Wheaton, IL 60187

I may be able to join you guys...I'll see later in the day how it shapes up.

Forgot to mention this earlier, I won't be sticking around there as long this time but:

133 W Front Street

Wheaton, IL 60187

I'll meet ya there! I could go for a burger. :Drunk emoticon:

133 W Front Street

Wheaton, IL 60187

I may be able to join you guys...I'll see later in the day how it shapes up.

Some emergencies have come up at work and I'm the guy tapped to fix them. Won't be able to be there tonight. I look forward to the youtube coverage.

Sorry all...John

I really enjoyed the presentation by all.

These young participants would blow away and ANTI's I ever seen.

It may have helped if they asked if there are any people who have different views before the Forum started to see where the Anti's went to.

I am surprised that many knew nothing of other organizations like the ISRS are doing.

But then again being new to this forum since following last fall, I would not know much either.

A Forum a month in communities would definitely wake up a lot of people.

Thanks to all in the Forums for keeping all of us informed so well.

I know everyone else will chime in here, But I'll start with the Thanks.....

To the organizers that made this meeting come forward.

To the speakers that took the time and effort to prepare the material and bring forward their personalities and experiences and sharing with those that were able to attend. Each and every-ones effort helped!

To the ISRA bunch (staff) that stood in the background and came forward with knowledge of facts and data in a manner that could be understood clearly by all.

You guys are going to love the video of the meeting !!!! by the end of the first two speakers, Michelle Jordan (remember her from meeting 1?) should be looking into a different career other than public speaking for ICPHV. Because The trained "lawyer" was blown out of the water by a couple of 17 year old prospective voters and god knows what else they will become in the future. (I just hope they stay on our side!)

Big time success, and hopefully some people on the edge will see the presentation and take the challenge and check the facts presented this evening. A couple of grand slams were hit out of the park tonight.

The good reverend or the Jacksons have never brought anything like this to the table.

I really enjoyed the presentation by all.

These young participants would blow away and ANTI's I ever seen.

It may have helped if they asked if there are any people who have different views before the Forum started to see where the Anti's went to.

I am surprised that many knew nothing of other organizations like the ISRS are doing.

But then again being new to this forum since following last fall, I would not know much either.

A Forum a month in communities would definitely wake up a lot of people.

Thanks to all in the Forums for keeping all of us informed so well.

From today's Daily Herald:

http://dailyherald.com/story/?id=291613

Teenagers gather to support gun ownership rights

By Robert Sanchez | Daily Herald Staff

Published: 5/6/2009 12:02 AM

A group of young people Tuesday night chimed in on the old debate over gun control.

And the message they stressed during a Second Amendment forum at Wheaton city hall was that gun-control measures won't reduce firearm-related violence.

"Additional laws and taking away the rights of the people to bear arms simply will never work," said Christos Dimoulis, a 15-year-old South Barrington resident.

The home-schooled student served as master of ceremonies during the meeting, which was held in response to an April 21 gun control forum sponsored by several League of Women Voters chapters and the Illinois Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

Because last month's forum was held for Wheaton North High School students, the organizer of Tuesday's event said she wanted local teenagers to participate.

"We must have high school students addressing the other side and their peers," said Rosanna Pulido, who invited several teens to speak.

Olivia Snow said she decided to participate because she wanted to talk about the value of the U.S. Constitution.

"We stand here today as young Americans feeling that it is our duty - not only to protect our own rights - but to protect the rights of the generations to come," the 17-year-old Wheaton resident told the crowd of more than 100 people.

Unlike last month's gun control forum, which was cut short because of hecklers, Tuesday night's forum was calm. Members of the audience interrupted speakers only to applaud, cheer or voice agreement.

While several gun-rights experts spoke, the teenagers got a huge response.

Nik Powell, a 16-year-old sophomore at Lake Park High School in Roselle, said he enjoys shooting guns with his father and uncle. "It's a good experience for the whole family as long as you know what you are doing," he said.

And 15-year-old Megan Liddy said shooting sports and hunting have helped boost her confidence.

"I haven't always been good at school and I haven't always been good at sports," the Wheaton Warrenville South High School student said. "But I have always been good at shooting and I have always been able to beat people at it."

Dimoulis argued that increased gun-control measures will only make it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to obtain firearms. At the same time, criminals will find a way to arm themselves.

"The government fails to realize that they cannot legislate morality," Dimoulis said. "If a person is immoral, no law will make that person do what is right."

i have just e-mailed this article to my son's debate teacher. my son was the student from lake park high school in roselle. i was very proud of him and all of the students did a wonderful job

boog

Were there any folks there in opposition or neutral, or was this event mainly just preaching to the choir?

John

Thank you so much for posting all this Chris. Much appreciated.

No problem, here's another but you'll have to wait for it a little.

Second Amendment Wheaton Forum - May 5, 2009 1 -

Second Amendment Wheaton Forum - May 5, 2009 2 -

Second Amendment Wheaton Forum - May 5, 2009 3 -

Second Amendment Wheaton Forum - May 5, 2009 4 -

Regarding video 3:

We need to stop citing the "email from an Australian police officer."

The source is suspect, and the facts very misleading. Although I'm on our side, we have to not just site emails that get sent to us from our buddies and repeat the facts stated in the email as gospel.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

Archived