Denied ?!

gpsgreek

No i checked the second time to yake a screen shot and it said denied the second time around and it was 49 minutes after i checked the first time

in your first post you stated it went from under board review to denied in 49 Minutes.

But then you said under review to denied.

Im curious to know which one of the following is true.....

A] I was under review and then one day noticed it said under BOARD review. ..49 minutes after I noticed it said under BOARD review i logged back in and seen it said denied BUT I don't know how it was in "under BOARD review " status

B] my app went from under review to under BOARD review to denied ALL within 49 minutes. I seen the status change twice in under an hour.

Again I ask because the first time you said it went from under BOARD review to denied in less than an hour but the second time you said it went from under review to denied in under an hour.

One of those posts was a typo but there is a a huge ddifference.

If you went from under review to denied then it's most likely due to a denial by the ISP itself.

If you went from under board review to denied, then you were deemed ineligible by the board.

If you went from under review to under BOARD review to denied all within 49 minutes th3m I'm clueless.

I checked at 11am and it said in process then i checked at 2pm and it said under borad review then i checked at 249 and it said denied.

I haven't seen the "in process" status, first I've heard of it actually.

Yours is the first I've heard like this. Maybe your app went to the board for review while they were actually in session reviewing them and for whatever reason yours was seen, a judgment made and status was changed.

Other thing that comes to mind is that it wasn't an LE objection and was actually denied by the ISP and they miscategorized You as "under board review ", caught their mistake and changed it to denied.

One Week and no letters, emails, calls, faxes, candygrams, etc.

Has anyone else who is denied heard anything? I am running out of time to appeal something I don't know what.

This is starting to get old and starting to piss me off. Can someone please share any info they have heard?

Thanks

Skinny was told he might not get a denial letter until the 90 days had expired - though I don't know why. Someone else mentioned that your appeal window doesn't start until the letter is mailed.

One Week and no letters, emails, calls, faxes, candygrams, etc.

Has anyone else who is denied heard anything? I am running out of time to appeal something I don't know what.

This is starting to get old and starting to piss me off. Can someone please share any info they have heard?

Thanks

Skinny was told he might not get a denial letter until the 90 days had expired - though I don't know why. Someone else mentioned that your appeal window doesn't start until the letter is mailed.

Thats funny. CCLs have been mailed but a automatic form letter will wait till later. That doesnt make sense.. I forgot this is Illinois and they do things different...

I will have t to call or have my lawyer call so that this can end. No arrest no convictions and denied for no good reasons, to top it off they are too busy to let us know. When they decide to tell us it will be too late and we won't have time to appeal and then we would have to go through the process again and pay more money cause our prints will be old too.

What a CROCK..

If your status says denied it is not final til you get a letter confirming that status. It could change back to Approved.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So here is where I think this is kind of funny.

could it be possible??? that if you hit Board Review, and after the 10 day period to have the "review" if there is no update. You automatically go to Denied. It could be the programming of the system and not anything more. After seeing mine and doing the math for others also this could be a possibility. The Board never met according to what we read so how can a Board review be denied?

Maybe one day we will know. I also think that if a lawyer calls on someones behalf, it may light a fire under them to look at this closer since someone who has arrests and convictions may just walk away and not fight them for the chance that they would lose.

I dont know, just thinking out loud.

If you meet the requirements of the law ISP must issue you an license unless an objection was made. Either way you can appeal. A denial is a violation of your 2nd & 14th Amendment rights. So ad I said as long as you meet the requirements of the law and they still deny you. You will win an appeal in the courts.

Don't worry just wait until the waiting period is up. Either 120 or 90 days. Then if you have not received anything in the mail start calling your State Representative s office and complain that ISP is not obeying the law and that the 90 or 120 days have passed and you have not received a response.

So here is where I think this is kind of funny.

could it be possible??? that if you hit Board Review, and after the 10 day period to have the "review" if there is no update. You automatically go to Denied. It could be the programming of the system and not anything more. After seeing mine and doing the math for others also this could be a possibility. The Board never met according to what we read so how can a Board review be denied?

Maybe one day we will know. I also think that if a lawyer calls on someones behalf, it may light a fire under them to look at this closer since someone who has arrests and convictions may just walk away and not fight them for the chance that they would lose.

I dont know, just thinking out loud.

I was under board review for 20 days

everyone I have talked to at isp, and or lawyers have told me that it is not final until you receive a letter. my attorney that is itching to get a case going, told me that it may change from denied to approved. he also stated that it may go for judicial review without even starting an appeal. its all he said she said. like someone else stated, wait the 90 or 120 and if I still have not received a letter to why, then my representative will get a phone call. in another thread there are postings of people getting their cards today, just goes to show that the process is working but those of us that got lawn darted will have to work harder. dart hasn't won this one yet, just remember that. until you appeal it and still get denied, wishful thinking. until then carry on as usual.

They fed me the same BS. 90 days since I submitted prints. Well I got my paws on that affidavit and, without going into detail because I'm not supposed to yet, my application is back under review. Well it will be come Monday or Tuesday. I can't speak for anyone who has gone through the board then denied and I can't really help someone who's not in my district but I can attempt to reach out. Talk to your attorney about filing a petition for an extraordinary writ (of mandamus). It's a stretch but it's really the only option. I'm trying to think of what else you could do to get an official letter of denial any sooner than 90/120 days.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

They fed me the same BS. 90 days since I submitted prints. Well I got my paws on that affidavit and, without going into detail because I'm not supposed to yet, my application is back under review. Well it will be come Monday or Tuesday. I can't speak for anyone who has gone through the board then denied and I can't really help someone who's not in my district but I can attempt to reach out. Talk to your attorney about filing a petition for an extraordinary writ (of mandamus). It's a stretch but it's really the only option. I'm trying to think of what else you could do to get an official letter of denial any sooner than 90/120 days.

Hey, good news! Congrats.

Heh right now it's tentative. This is Illinois so I'll believe it when I see it, and I get tossed into the LEO pool. Thing is that, since the questions have been changed but the answers haven't been rearranged, the "Yes" now sits next to the question about persons subject to involuntary admission. Meh. I had to do all of the work and go through the channels. So if I hadn't seen that affidavit posted then I'd have had to wait 90 days then appeal to the board (which would've been...fun).

Who here got Darted? I'm south of I-80 so...I'm actually in the real part of Illinois haha. I consider Cook and Chicago to not be part of Illinois (the old adage, south and west of Chicago is this beautiful state, Illinois). If you're not in Cook I might be able to help, have someone reach out since my Rep cannot help anyone but his constituents and that he did, above and beyond, which is why Obama supporters vote for him over the Dem running against him every year. It's ironic seeing an Obama/Biden sign next to a yard sign for my Rep, same yard, then a Cheri Bustos *gag* sign next to that. I'd suggest emailing Todd first though.

Heh right now it's tentative. This is Illinois so I'll believe it when I see it, and I get tossed into the LEO pool. Thing is that, since the questions have been changed but the answers haven't been rearranged, the "Yes" now sits next to the question about persons subject to involuntary admission. Meh. I had to do all of the work and go through the channels. So if I hadn't seen that affidavit posted then I'd have had to wait 90 days then appeal to the board (which would've been...fun).

Who here got Darted? I'm south of I-80 so...I'm actually in the real part of Illinois haha. I consider Cook and Chicago to not be part of Illinois (the old adage, south and west of Chicago is this beautiful state, Illinois). If you're not in Cook I might be able to help, have someone reach out since my Rep cannot help anyone but his constituents and that he did, above and beyond, which is why Obama supporters vote for him over the Dem running against him every year. It's ironic seeing an Obama/Biden sign next to a yard sign for my Rep, same yard, then a Cheri Bustos *gag* sign next to that. I'd suggest emailing Todd first though.

my state reps are ANTIs.. they have and are planning town meetings that I will crash and when I hear I will post so that we can all go and show our support for our constitutional rights.

my state reps are ANTIs.. they have and are planning town meetings that I will crash and when I hear I will post so that we can all go and show our support for our constitutional rights.

The nice part about my state rep, is that he is pro and he voted for no restricted carry. So at least my rep is on my side.

Any updates on anybody getting a letter yet? I just got denied today and have never had any arrests or run ins at all with the LE. I am looking for my next step and want to get the ball rolling since we only have 35 days after the denial.

No one has seen the illusive letter. Hold tight and one will show up. people are talking that it will take up to your 90 day for them to arrive.

I wonder why they are waiting the full 90 days to send the letter? Seems kind of strange that they have not waited the whole 90 days to approve people so far, but for those of us denied they will. I still have a month to go before I hit the 90 day mark and the next 30 days are going to drive me crazy not know why I was denied and not being able to do anything about it yet.

Archived