Photo

ISP FILES EMERGENCY RULES REGARDING FOID AND CCL RENEWALS

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#91 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 16,911 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:15 PM

Maybe they need an executive order to suspend the looooong, many steps process for requesting a programming change??

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#92 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:42 PM

My wifes LTC expires very soon this month. So even if it is submitted after the expiration date the 16 hour class won't be required.  She took the 3 hour renewal class.

Does anyone here have contact information for JJ Wittenborn? My wife took his 3 hour renewal class and she needs a training certificate. PM me if you have contact info.

One other thing when did the FOID card number and the LTC number become the same?  Can't find her FOID card and I need the number.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#93 Molly B.

• 16,911 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:08 PM

My wifes LTC expires very soon this month. So even if it is submitted after the expiration date the 16 hour class won't be required.  She took the 3 hour renewal class.

Does anyone here have contact information for JJ Wittenborn? My wife took his 3 hour renewal class and she needs a training certificate. PM me if you have contact info.

One other thing when did the FOID card number and the LTC number become the same?  Can't find her FOID card and I need the number.

Private message sent.  I believe the number match started in 2015?  If you log into her account, the FOID number will be there.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#94 EdDinIL

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:17 PM

I finally received a reply from Palmetto State Armory regarding an expired FOID:

----

Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor your FOID if it has expired. 

Best Regards,

Rita
Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
(803) 724-6950

----

Life Member: NRA, ISRA, SAF

#95 snowcat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:20 PM

Maybe they need an executive order to suspend the looooong, many steps process for requesting a programming change??

Looks like they got 100 bureaucratic forms filled and filed in triplicate to get permission to make the change because the site says they are doing maintenance.

Edited by snowcat, 21 April 2020 - 07:20 PM.

#96 crash7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the update. Let us know if anyone sees the change. My wife still needs to get on there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#97 wilbdic

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:29 AM

I have been trying to renew for a week and still cannot get past the instructor name and ID portion of the application. Has anyone heard any news on this issue. 

#98 Molly B.

• 16,911 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:33 AM

ISP is working on the software issues.

#99 Kingcreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

Any law abiding citizen that wants to buy a gun or ammunition or carry a concealed weapon in Illinois should be allowed to, unrestricted and without permit, atleast until the ISP gets their act together. Until they can fulfill their obligation, we shouldn't have to be denied our rights.

#100 steveTA84

• Members
  • 8,084 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:51 AM

So, we know that legislators misused/swept funds meant for FOID/CCL. We also know that they only use a fraction of the money allocated to them for the actual programs. Now, we are in a crisis and people that don’t have a FOID/CCL are having issues getting one (not only cuz of software issues, but because it takes months to get a FOID/CCL).

Isn’t this grounds for another possible lawsuit if someone applied and either couldn’t finish the application or is in limbo (pending) past a certain time, especially considering the circumstances?

#101 snowcat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

By the time they fix the software issue, we will all probably had our training...

#102 snowcat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:33 PM

FYI, CCL renewals without proof of training are live now. Was able to submit my renewal application tonight.

#103 Molly B.

• 16,911 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:47 PM

FYI, CCL renewals without proof of training are live now. Was able to submit my renewal application tonight.

This is great to know.  Thank you!

#104 THE KING

• Members
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:53 AM

What is the process like. What information did you have to put in.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#105 snowcat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:37 PM

When I went through they seem to have completely removed the page to submit your class certificate, also when you log on you get alert with the text with the emergency rules that ISP has already published.

In addition all expiration dates now show "COVID-19".

#106 THE KING

• Members
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

When I went through they seem to have completely removed the page to submit your class certificate, also when you log on you get alert with the text with the emergency rules that ISP has already published.

In addition all expiration dates now show "COVID-19".

Thank you.

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users