Photo

Charlottesville Police chief at congressional hearing yesterday

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

She wants to ban all weapons. Shes also buddies with Moms Demand Action.

https://www.mom-at-a...our-oath-resign

#2 Raw Power

• 1,503 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:32 AM

Gross.

#3 InterestedBystander

• 6,864 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

Havent completed video but I seem to recall her going on about the high powered round the AR shoots.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#4 Windermere

Bacon Junkie

• 1,706 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 12:33 PM

Doesn’t surprise me. I go on a lot of different platforms and read peoples comments about how the police won’t take your guns.

In my opinion, the majority of rank and file officers will follow orders and come knocking.
"Always remember, your ability to shoot and have a firearm makes it so that you are not subjected to the whims of other people without your permission. So, in other words, if you don't want to get raped, robbed, pillaged, or plundered... get a gun."
-Clint Smith

#5 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:12 PM

If she had her way we would have cops sitting next to us at our dinner tables to watch what we do with our knifes and forks.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#6 POAT54

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:26 PM

She entitled to her opinion. I hope she encourages her officers to voice their opinions while in uniform and representing the department.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

#7 Colt guy

• 1,465 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 04:58 PM

I guess so ehow being the police made her much smarter than the common folks
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#8 papa

• Members
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

Havent completed video but I seem to recall her going on about the high powered round the AR shoots.

I don't get out and about much anymore but in the last week I have changed 5 peoples minds about the ar15 needing to be banned.  How did I do this ? Simple , I asked them if they had heard about how powerful a cartridge the AR15 fired.  I then showed them a 30-30 shell which is the most widely used deer cartridge.  I then showed them a 5.56 the AR15 fires.  I explained the 30-30 wasn't considered a high powered center fire cartridge.

Each person laughed at the size ( power ) difference between the two shells and then asked why all the people wanting to ban the AR rifles were saying it was so powerful.  I explained that they were simply lying and hoping the general public didn't know the difference.

Five down , many more to go.

#9 InterestedBystander

• 6,864 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

which is the "assault weapon" and which is not? /s

AW-illustration-cropped-1198x675.jpg

https://reason.com/2...eally-did-work/

Edited by InterestedBystander, 26 September 2019 - 08:37 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#10 papa

• Members
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:14 PM

which is the "assault weapon" and which is not? /s

AW-illustration-cropped-1198x675.jpg

https://reason.com/2...eally-did-work/

$ I know , I know!!!!   They both are ! $  Well that's the way the anti's look at them.

#11 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

If she had her way we would have cops sitting next to us at our dinner tables to watch what we do with our knifes and forks.

Just like the Stazi did in East Germany for so many years.  No privacy.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#12 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:58 PM

letter in Va started to remove her from office. MDA connection not taken kindly

https://www.change.o...bbMRS0P7CtICs5I

Edited by steveTA84, 30 September 2019 - 08:01 AM.

#13 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

Regardless of what some of the mods say, the reporting is usually right (regardless of story)

XgUnhbo.jpg

#14 jake8267

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:53 AM

Regardless of what some of the mods say, the reporting is usually right (regardless of story)

XgUnhbo.jpg

You and I have very different definitions of "right" if you truly believe that reporting is usually right.  I highly doubt that there is a single report, anywhere, that doesn't get a fact wrong, edit something to spin the message, or outright purposely misdirect the consumer. 

My first interaction with media (in high school) was a perfect example.  Snowflake got hurt during a punishment drill at a JV football practice, mom claims abuse, local paper misquotes statement from our captain (a conversation I was there for).  I few days later they found out that I was a direct witness to the entire incident and wanted to talk to me.  When I agreed with the caveat that they agree, in writing, not to edit my statements the suddenly didn't want to speak to me any longer. Hmm, wonder what they intended?

Fast forward a few years, working as a Community Service Officer for a small city, second year in a row the May festival has a small riot.  Started when some "honor roll students" threw a cinder block through the windshield of a state police vehicle.  When the media shows up the next day, they want to ask questions about "minority youth being pepper sprayed in the park."  They were definitely looking to put out a balanced and fact based report with no spin or bias, weren't they?

I've got lots more stories, and all of them left me with no trust for media of any type.  The people doing the work at the ground level may very well be honorable and just trying to make a living, but the folks in charge aren't going to let things out without it fitting their narrative.

#15 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

^^^^

Not what I meant. Was referring to citizen journalists who report what there MSM doesn’t touch

#16 jake8267

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:53 AM

^^^^

Not what I meant. Was referring to citizen journalists who report what there MSM doesn’t touch

I think independent journalism have some of the same problem, BUT if there is a place where true reporting can be found that's where it would be.

#17 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:25 AM

FOIA results and response letter. Pics were an attachment to response sent to local MDA leader

YUNzubn.jpg
0LG4wD1.jpg
LQ2FI0E.jpg

#18 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:29 AM

Petetion to resign made MSM

https://www.nbc29.co...ontrol-comments

#19 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:16 AM

Odd btw

SNEsNjA.jpg
A4juAkJ.jpg

#20 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:30 PM

When you sensationalize topic titles, when you imply or state things inaccurately, when you rush to be the first to get the scoop only to go back and change your posts multiple time then yes, you will be called on that every single time.

#21 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

When you sensationalize topic titles, when you imply or state things inaccurately, when you rush to be the first to get the scoop only to go back and change your posts multiple time then yes, you will be called on that every single time.

Offense>defense, no?

Using some of their tactics has its benefits in certain instances

MZBDAa6.jpg
Mw1CKsg.jpg

And no posts are changed, only added to when more stuff comes out

#22 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:39 PM

Spoiler

Offense>defense, no?

Using some of their tactics has its benefits in certain instances

And no posts are changed, only added to when more stuff comes out

Like this thread?

Yes, principled offense is good. Yellow journalism is not.

I'll disagree with you about adopting their tactics though. You're using IllinoisCarry's success to promote your methods while simultaneously criticizing us for doing those exact things that led to our success. Alternate methods have been tried by others. They haven't worked.

#23 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:00 PM

not adopting their tactics, using some of them though

“Yellow journalism”? So one story you disagree with and you’re referring to all of our work as that (if that was the intent)?

Early on I criticized ILCarry (witness slip stuff), I was wrong and learned from it (it did make a difference last session)

I’m not “using” ILCarry, it’s a forum. You post info on forums for others to see. That’s it

Alternative methods are needed just as much as traditional. The “alternative” ones tend to get more people to click/read/research more on their own.

I’m/we are not your enemy/opponent/competitor. Lately you’ve been more focused on bashing rather than working together. Sure, I’ve bashed plenty in the past (some warranted, some not) and I admit to it. These days it’s more based on censorship than anything else. The fact you make it a point to “correct” publicly in areas that are viewable to the antis though doesn’t really help much of anything though unless you’re trying to appease them.

#24 mauserme

• Admin
  • 21,005 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:21 PM

Spoiler

When you post inaccurately, you will be corrected. Period.

This is not a negotiation.

#25 steveTA84

• 5,447 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:53 PM

^^^

Wouldnt have gotten reached out to without it (was sent to admin)

PZ97E9P.jpg
B4G8JtW.jpg
g41Vuyn.jpg
xBHpnMO.jpg
xBHpnMO.jpg

Schools are overstepping. Thats the story in the uncorrect article youre talking about. And if it causes parents and others to start questioning whats going on and how theyre prying into the lives of students when theyre not in school (meaning combing their social media and such for stuff they see as a threat when its not), then how is any of what was posted harmful?

That said, agree to disagree and point taken I guess

Edited by steveTA84, 03 October 2019 - 04:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users