Illinois General Assembly 5/30/2016

mauserme

Protest made national news. People tied themselves together outside of governors office making a big spectacle and yelling. That's the way to be heard may complete fools of yourselves. Not the polite group we have at IGOLD. The National news doesn't cover our march. They cover them because they're making a spectacle of themselves. I'm sure the news is waiting for violence to irrupt when they have to clear the capital.

Lack of a budget I think. I say I think because I'm sure some are there for other reason just to cause trouble when they have to clear the Capitol building. National news said the budget.

Very telling that Gun Dealer Licensing is in a holding pattern. I think now they're primarily trying to prevent a spectacle where it goes down in flames in a very public defeat, and also they may be waiting for miracle- like 10 of the bill's opponents all get sick on the same day or something like that...

Unless I'm misremembering, am absence is as good as a "no" vote; a bill needs 50% + 1 of the possible votes to be "yes" in order to pass. In other words, in the house, since there are 118 Representatives, it needs 60 "yes" votes to pass no matter how many "no"s there are.

In other words, if there were only 59 reps present one day, and they all voted "yes" on a bill, it would not pass even though it was a "unanimous" vote. (This could never happen because of quorum rules; I'm just making an example.)

Archived