Gun legislation the last 2 weeks of this ILGA session?

InterestedBystander

I REALLY hope these over the top gun bills become laws. Do I agree with them? Absolutely not, but if they enact these ridiculous proposals there will certainly be lawsuits. The more outrageous the laws, the greater the chance of all of them, including the FOID, being struck down as unconstitutional. Unfortunately, few courts will currently rule that a 10 year, $10 license is an “infringement”. If all their proposals become laws, it will be obvious to all that gun rights are only affordable to the rich and unconstitutional.

How much as a percent of the total income is represented by the 100-250K workers? I suspect that's real large a percent hike in that is a LOT more then with millionaires so that's the center of the tax target for increases.
Looked at some percentiles and roughly 22-23% (eyeballing a graph) of residents have incomes between 100k-250k. Get to HH income over 100k ("six figures") and it's 27%. It's VERY easy to have a household income of over $100k when married, filing jointly.https://statisticalatlas.com/state/Illinois/Household-IncomeSent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I REALLY hope these over the top gun bills become laws. Do I agree with them? Absolutely not, but if they enact these ridiculous proposals there will certainly be lawsuits. The more outrageous the laws, the greater the chance of all of them, including the FOID, being struck down as unconstitutional. Unfortunately, few courts will currently rule that a 10 year, $10 license is an “infringement”. If all their proposals become laws, it will be obvious to all that gun rights are only affordable to the rich and unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court has refused to hear challenges to NY's "Safe Act" and other similar laws in the northeast and elsewhere. That says to me the SC thinks 10 round (or less) mag limits and semi auto bans are fine and dandy. I really don't want to have to register most of my guns (so they no where to go when they ban them) or stop using them in public all in an effort to maybe get rid of the FOID. I don't see how banning a technology that has been commonly used in the most popular guns for over 100 years is not an "infringement". Then again I don't see how the SC changed 0care in to a tax. They have powers mere mortals aren't meant to understand. If RBG was gone and replaced with a 2A defender I would like our chances a whole lot better.

Archived