Photo

Did Madigan file over 400 shell bills today?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

HB0370 to HB0807. In addition to the shell bills already filed this session...

replacing "the" with "the" and/or "and" with "and"

Edited by InterestedBystander, 18 January 2019 - 05:54 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#2 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,101 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

Indeed, he did.

We'll get the official bill list and volunteers thread going in the next day or two.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—...
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   (2 Corinthians 4 NIV)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#3 Colt guy

• 1,213 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:01 PM

Shell bills should be illegal. File a bill and if it changes file a new one. This is a shell game for the corrupt.
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#4 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,762 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

How many of these are likely to be Trojan horses for anti-firearm legislation?

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg InX89li.jpg

#5 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,451 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Madigan has been planning this for 4 years; I am sure every single bill he wants to pass this year is already written and he has made it clear in private which bills must be 100% supported. 

I doubt the real zingers will be in the public eye long enough for anyone to comment.

Stay frosty

#6 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,800 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

Here comes the Totalitarian people's republic of Illannoy. 

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#7 IH8IL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

Shell bills should be illegal. File a bill and if it changes file a new one. This is a shell game for the corrupt.

For real! Seems really shady!

#8 G214me

• Members
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:58 AM

I wish the idiot voters of this state would get a clue and stop voting for Madigan stooges in the House who in turn vote to keep Madigan as speaker.

#9 harley1955

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:56 AM

How do shell Bill's work? What's the advantage of doing this? Someone educate me about this.

#10 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:51 AM

How do shell Bill's work? What's the advantage of doing this? Someone educate me about this.

The shell aka fake bills like this have already started their way through all the initial procedural hoops (usually to fulfill filing date requirements) then at the last moment they erase it and amend it to something more ominous and attempt to sneak it to the finish line as law without people (and even many of the legislatures) being aware it was amended to be something totally different, this also prevents lobbyist and/or activist from being given ample or even any time to call their elected officials and give input.

The short of it, it's playing dirty.and avoiding transparency.

This website link gives a more detailed overview https://www.illinois...s-a-shell-game/

Anonymous leakers, leak anonymously about the anonymous leak.

—Anonymous

#11 spanishjames

• 2,958 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:18 AM

They get away with it because they can. No one holds them accountable.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#12 mikew

• Members
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

This is not new, and has been going on for decades, AFAIK.
Both sides use this shady vehicle.

#13 InterestedBystander

• 5,895 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

Oh, I know both sides use them and I get the tactical/strategic perspective in spite of it not being transparent and hiding things through shennanigans, but...over 400 in one day? I just don't remember seeing that many at one time but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 18 January 2019 - 12:38 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#14 mikew

• Members
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:49 PM

Oh, I know both sides use them and I get the tactical/strategic perspective in spite of it not being transparent and hiding things through shennanigans, but...over 400 in one day? I just don't remember seeing that many at one time but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

400 is not unusual, If I recall correctly

#15 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

The number is not unusual, but it's unusual for so many to be passed so early in the session.  From what I remember usually, the onslaught of shell bills are passed at the stroke of midnight as deadlines approach.

—Anonymous

#16 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,101 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

It isn't just Speaker Madigan. In the coming days you'll see similar numbers of shell bills filed by House Minority Leader Durkin, Senate President Cullerton, and Senate Minority Leader Brady.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—...
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   (2 Corinthians 4 NIV)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#17 mikew

• Members
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

The number is not unusual, but it's unusual for so many to be passed so early in the session.  From what I remember usually, the onslaught of shell bills are passed at the stroke of midnight as deadlines approach.

Filed with the clerk is not the same as passed.

#18 Flynn

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Filed with the clerk is not the same as passed.

Agree, I should have said filed instead of passed, same holds true.  Generally, the shell bills are dumped as the deadline to file new bills approaches not this early.

—Anonymous

#19 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:14 AM

Shell bills should not be allowed, so stupid.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#20 InterestedBystander

• 5,895 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:09 PM

I guess 400+ wasn't enough. Looks like Madigan filed several hundred more shell bills today.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#21 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:59 AM

When this tactic is used, it only serves to prove, without a single doubt, that our elected officials are going directly against what we the people actually want them to do. We no longer have a voice in government. We have slave owners, and we're just their revenue stream.

It surprises me there hasn't been anyone that has challenged this process from a legal standpoint.

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users