Photo

This site is run by the ISP?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 hunter68

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:41 PM

Why does this site support Illinois foid card? I smell a rat..  Foid cards were declared unconstitutional a year ago. Could the ISP be running this? Just checking..

#2 lawman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

The trolls aren't even being covert about it now.

#3 soundguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,079 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:58 PM

On February 14, 2018, in a ruling that applies only to the defendant, a circuit court in Illinois found that the requirement to obtain a FOID in order to acquire or possess a firearm is unconstitutional. ... The case is being appealed to the Illinois Supreme Court.

It hasn't exactly been ruled unconstitutional.

I don't believe IC supports the FOID Act. Perhaps you need to do some more reading here?

In my opinion, there are some "benefits" to it... mostly the ability to verify a potential buyer as a good guy. It isn't perfect. We could do without it. IF it is eventually ruled unconstitutional in a larger context, most of us will not lament it's demise and we all will have one less thing to complain about in Illinois.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#4 spanishjames

• 2,998 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

Dang it!  He's figured it out.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#5 InterestedBystander

• 6,306 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

Could the ISP be running this?

Uh...NO! Heck, the ISP doesn't even run their own ISPFSB site.

As for discussion, thats what the purpose of forum is. As long as its kept civil and it has been so far it is generally allowed. I am not sure how you translate the opinions of some as the position of the board host.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 03 May 2019 - 08:31 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#6 TomKoz

• 4,111 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 11:40 PM

Purple On: I knew it !!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#7 Davey

• Members
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:31 AM

Screen name HUNTER 68

Two posts.

Ooooookay squirt.

#8 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,546 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:28 AM

Why does this site support Illinois foid card? I smell a rat..  Foid cards were declared unconstitutional a year ago. Could the ISP be running this? Just checking..

This site does not support FOID cards or having to pay for a basic Constitutional right.

Just check a little more.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#9 SycamoreRuger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

There is a big difference between respecting a law and supporting a law.

#10 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,574 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:08 AM

Nah, the ISP site is all official-like and not near as much fun. Nobody ever tells bad jokes or stirs the political pot, and they're always wanting you to renew something.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—...
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   (2 Corinthians 4 NIV)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#11 Raw Power

• 1,202 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

I thoguth this site was run by the Illuminati lizard aliens? You learn something new every day.

#12 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

Russsiannnnsss invaded IC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hide the dag!

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#13 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 2,678 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

T R O L L-hatten, Sweden has now increased it's population by 1
Do youz guyz still make SAABs
Loved me that sweet 96 w/freewheel

Edited by Bubbacs, 03 May 2019 - 08:45 AM.

#14 MSD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

Nah, the ISP site is all official-like and not near as much fun. Nobody ever tells bad jokes or stirs the political pot, and they're always wanting you to renew something.

LOL.  Thread winner so far.

#15 tbrooks

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Beat it! You just make sure you have your FOID card in active status before you have more worries than if this site is run by the ISP.

#16 Euler

• Members
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

You have it backwards.

This site isn't run by the ISP. The ISP is run by this site. Fear Molly!
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#17 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,574 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

You have it backwards.

This site isn't run by the ISP. The ISP is run by this site. Fear Molly!

I yield to your superior humor.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—...
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   (2 Corinthians 4 NIV)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#18 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,924 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

The ISP is not running this site.

But you do have the right to remain silent....

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#19 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,097 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:18 AM

Hopefully you are legitimately confused and not just trolling.  I will assume the former.

This site is a forum for gun-owners and pro-2a individuals to discuss and learn about state (mostly) + national laws and upcoming legislation.  It is also a great tool to help us fight for good laws and contact our legislators to oppose bad ones.  Every topic here is an individual's opinion, and not the "opinion of Illinois Carry".  Although I would certainly be happy if the FOID card went away, we have much bigger issues to worry about though.  Our site is run by many individual pro-2a enthusiasts, and not by any state-sponsored organization.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#20 Giant Teddybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:26 PM

What are you smoking? You must have the good stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users