Photo

Which hand gun ranges in Illinois allow rapid fire?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CHICAGO HANDGUN OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

In a self defense situation you will not be taking your time with your shots so why not let us practice shooting as fast as we can? Which ranges allow rapid fire in Illinois?

#2 Craigcelia

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:10 PM

Fox Valley Gun Range in Elgin I believe might, as long as you are in control of your shots.  I will also say, this range is the most customer friendly range, cleanest range, I have ever been to. and brand new opening in 2018....  So much, I joined as a member last month.  Sorry, got off topic a little.

Edit:  From their range rules, and they will allow drawing from holster as long as you pass their testing:

1. Shooter should only fire as rapidly as their ability permits (decisions of the RSO are final).
  2. No drawing from holster except at designated dates and times unless in a private suite and after passing a Fox Valley Shooting Range Holster Draw class. Please notify the RSO if you plan to shoot from holster.

Edited by Craigcelia, 24 April 2019 - 05:12 PM.

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member

GOA Member
ICCL Classes Available

#3 mic6010

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

Article II has a range set aside for holster draw and "tactical" shooting on Friday nights.

"Living in Chicago, it used to be, 'don't go out at night,' or 'be more careful at night'. Now it's turned into a place where it doesn't matter if it's day or night."  - John Hendricks.

#4 kster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

dunno how controlled your rapid fire is.  i haven't had any complaints from the RSO at range355 when i do sequenced shots.  but then i'm not mag dumping either.  

#5 George72

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:26 AM

5 Star in Zion. Good rates nice people. No drawing from holster except at designated dates and times.

#6 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,174 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:43 AM

Almost all ranges on the south side allow what you call rapid fire. Englewood, Austin etc.
Plethora of targets, moving and stationary.

Just don't think about picking up the brass!

#7 ragsbo

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

My back yard :hairy:

#8 Matthew_W

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:33 PM

Shoot point Blank in Naperville will let you double tap as long as they think you know what you are doing and do it well.

#9 vito

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:17 AM

I belong to the Pine Tree Pistol Club in Rockford, and there is no limitation on the rapidity of your shots. Sometimes, especially with low cost 22LR, I have played around and shot a ten round magazine in about 3 seconds, usually with pretty poor accuracy but fun nevertheless. 

Retired U.S. Army and Veteran of the Vietnam conflict

NRA Life Member

Fully retired!

#10 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,994 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:21 PM

Shore Galleries has never had any problems with me rapid-firing my 10mm, .460 Rowland, or 9x25 Dillon, but I also have a membership there.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#11 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:26 AM

"why not let us practice shooting as fast as we can?"

In mulling over the question, my brain-bone began remembering what the ceilings, walls and target hangers/carriers look like at almost every range I've visited. lol

Most local indoor ranges choose to gear their rules for the safety of the 'least common denominator' which sometimes means those who can't hit the inside of a barn from inside the barn. There is likely some consideration given for the other customers using the range who might not find mag dumps appealing when they are paper punching?

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#12 burnettm

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:25 AM

It probably depends a lot on if you look like you you're experienced enough to know what your safe limit is. I usually go to Caliber (formerly GTR) in Waukegan, and have never had a problem with a elevated rate of fire, but i'm also shooting a pistol with a MRDS at 70 feet, using IPSC targets and am wearing a pair of Peltor ComTacs. I've seen RSOs there tell people to slow things down when they were shooting at 21 feet with rental ear muffs.

#13 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,174 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

It probably depends a lot on if you look like you you're experienced enough to know what your safe limit is. I usually go to Caliber (formerly GTR) in Waukegan, and have never had a problem with a elevated rate of fire, but i'm also shooting a pistol with a MRDS at 70 feet, using IPSC targets and am wearing a pair of Peltor ComTacs. I've seen RSOs there tell people to slow things down when they were shooting at 21 feet with rental ear muffs.

So outfit a junkie in cool (Tac Cool) gear and let ém loose!

Edited by Bubbacs, 23 May 2019 - 09:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users