Won my foid card appeal in appellate court and still no card

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 McCroskey

With Liberty and Justice for all

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

I'm surprised that both Valinda and Todd weren't able to get them to move. Still, I suspect this down more to bureaucracy, inefficiency and overwork than malice.

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#32 Tvandermyde

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:11 PM

working on it

While a 9 mm or .40 caliber bullet may or may not expand, it is an undeniable fact that a .45 caliber bullet will never shrink.

my posts are moderated due to some butthurt on the part of IC people not liking my comments at times

#33 chemical operator1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:32 AM

I wonder if they aren't issuing your card because maybe they are working with the Sates Attorney to appeal the Illinois Supreme Court. Just my .02    I too am going to court to try and get my FOID card. I wonder if I will have the same damn issue if I win also....makes me a little nervous to say the least. And when you go to re apply for the card what do you put down in the felony conviction part? If you say yes they might not issue it because of the answer, yet if you say no you could be held liable for lying they would say...kind of a catch 22. Just wondering about when it comes time to renew it..

#34 Kosta

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:51 AM

Well it has now been over 2 months since i won in appellate court and judgment was issued to give my foid card back, and still nothing back from the state...

#35 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

Well it has now been over 2 months since i won in appellate court and judgment was issued to give my foid card back, and still nothing back from the state...

They are going to hold it until it expires then they can collect the renewal fee before returning it.

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#36 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

Time to file a motion to hold ISP in contempt. About as straightforward as it gets. What are they gonna do? Say they have to print your FOID so it takes a bit more time? Judge should say "You should've expedited that process." SHOULD have , not WILL say. Meh.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#37 Kosta

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

Still waiting, order has been sitting on directors desk since feb 17th and still have not heard anything... this State is so currupt

#38 Kosta

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

Well State finally responded to my lawyer and claimed my foid card is in the mail as of mon May 13th 2019.
So i guess we will see Springfield is only couple hours from me so i should have it by fri the latest.

But when i check my name on foid online website it still says denied?

So i have no clue..

Edited by Kosta, 15 May 2019 - 04:23 PM.

#39 Glock23

I am no one.

• 4,363 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

Well State finally responded to my lawyer and claimed my foid card is in the mail as of mon May 13th 2019.
So i guess we will see Springfield is only couple hours from me so i should have it by fri the latest.
But when i check my name on foid online website it still says denied?
So i have no clue..

It's likely a different number, based on the new numbering system to match CCLs, or maybe an entirely new number all together.
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#40 Kosta

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:26 AM

Card was printed on May 13th, now its May 19th and still waiting for card Foid in mail.

I am only few hours north of Springfield.

#41 Kosta

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:29 PM

Card came in today
Taken 25 years ago.

Thank you Attorney Patrick O'Brian

#42 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:40 PM

*applause*

!!!
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#43 chemical operator1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:drool:

Now try and use it to see if you somehow get denied for something, or its fine as is, as I am curious. I believe buying ammo wouldn't be an issue, but its the purchasing of a firearm and CCL that I'm worried about. Because this will soon pertain to me. I am just worried that its issued, but that it cannot be used as intended. Hopefully its not a paperweight....

#44 Kosta

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:drool:
Now try and use it to see if you somehow get denied for something, or its fine as is, as I am curious. I believe buying ammo wouldn't be an issue, but its the purchasing of a firearm and CCL that I'm worried about. Because this will soon pertain to me. I am just worried that its issued, but that it cannot be used as intended. Hopefully its not a paperweight....

Bought a rifle last night online, going to local dealer here in few hours to sign papers and show foid.

#45 Glock23

I am no one.

• 4,363 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:23 PM

Bought a rifle last night online

You're gonna need to be more specific than that.

Give us details, man! lol

#46 SDF678

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

I was convicted of a felony over 25 years ago. I have a FOID. I have a CCL.

I recently purchased a handgun from Rural King online. I paid online. Gun was sent to the local store. At the local store I filled out the 4473. Per the instructions accompanying the 4473 I answered "No" to the question about being convicted of a felony as I have had my firearm rights restored. The background check did not come back for two days but ultimately it came back clear and after waiting my three days I picked up the firearm.

#47 Colt guy

• 1,305 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

Very good topic to clear up for those that have had their rights restored. Answering YES would surely put those folks right into the same black hole as they started in. The instructions seem very clear. Why would anyone suggest answering yes when clearly that is not the proper answer.
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#48 Kosta

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:12 AM

Well my back ground check passed and 3 day waiting is over and i pick up my gun purchase today.

#49 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,987 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

Celebrate!! :clap:

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#50 papa

• Members
  • 6,052 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:38 AM

Well my back ground check passed and 3 day waiting is over and i pick up my gun purchase today.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

#51 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,097 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:09 AM

Congrats.  Sometimes the road is long and hard, but still worth going down (e.g. restoring your rights)… :)

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#52 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

Celebrate!! :clap:

9ga62or.jpg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Licensed to carry since 2008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#53 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,818 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:23 AM

Great news!

#54 Molly B.

• 15,987 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:57 AM

Off topic comments have been removed from view.  Congratulations Kosta!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#55 SDF678

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

When a person fills out the 4473 the instructions clearly state that if you have had your firearm rights restored you are to answer "No" to the felony question.

When a person fills out the application for a CCL the felony question again is asked. This time there is no clear guidance on how to answer. This situation needs to be fixed.

#56 Giant Teddybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:11 AM

What happened to my posts on this thread?

#57 Molly B.

• 15,987 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:27 AM

The off topic posts were removed, plus your suggestions on how to answer the question on the 4473 did not jive with the instructions on the form.

#58 Giant Teddybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:17 PM

The off topic posts were removed, plus your suggestions on how to answer the question on the 4473 did not jive with the instructions on the form.

Everytime I purchase a firearm I answer the felon question with a Yes

The ISP has my amnesty petition.

#59 Glock23

I am no one.

• 4,363 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

Everytime I purchase a firearm I answer the felon question with a Yes

The ISP has my amnesty petition.

You could've led with that as a viable option, rather than ignore the multiple people who posted the instructions from the actual form which say to answer "no."

Just because your way works, it doesn't negate the instructed, perfectly legal way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users