States That Will Honor Illinois Carry License

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#301 Giant Teddybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

My buddy who died last year had a Utah Concealed Carry permit from 40 years ago that Illinois recognized 40 years before they got the law to carry and my friend carried in Illinois for 40 years. He got the Utah permit through the mail.

#302 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

My buddy who died last year had a Utah Concealed Carry permit from 40 years ago that Illinois recognized 40 years before they got the law to carry and my friend carried in Illinois for 40 years. He got the Utah permit through the mail.

Before the FCCA (July 2013), concealed carry has been banned in Illinois since the 40s.

If your friend was carrying in Illinois on a Utah permit, he was doing so illegally.
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#303 Giant Teddybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Before the FCCA (July 2013), concealed carry has been banned in Illinois since the 40s.

If your friend was carrying in Illinois on a Utah permit, he was doing so illegally.

And your point is? My friend is dead. Molly B. went to the funeral. Him and Otis were good friends.

You are wrong!

Edited by Giant Teddybear, 27 March 2019 - 06:07 PM.

#304 Glock23

I am no one.

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:46 PM

And your point is? My friend is dead. Molly B. went to the funeral. Him and Otis were good friends.

You are wrong!

Doesn't really matter who his friends were. The only way I know of that he could've carried in IL is if he were former/retired LEO, in which case the Utah permit wouldn't matter.

Unless you can cite the IL law that allowed him to carry on a Utah permit, I stand by my previous statement.
** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member
** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender
** Gun Owners of America - Annual Member
** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year American Hero Member
** Second Amendment Foundation - Life Member
** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#305 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:00 AM

You are wrong!

Doesn't really matter who his friends were. The only way I know of that he could've carried in IL is if he were former/retired LEO, in which case the Utah permit wouldn't matter.

Unless you can cite the IL law that allowed him to carry on a Utah permit, I stand by my previous statement.

There is so much folklore and mythology about all things firearms that it's mind boggling.

I've met many who believed that out-of-state carry permits allowed them to carry anywhere, just as drivers licenses are recognized everywhere.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users