Are we getting a magazine ban and body armor ban in Illinois? What happend to the bill?

j28791

Bill has been filed HB1469, sneakily bypassed typical committee procedure going to House for floor amendments.

Amendments and changes are still in the works according to rumors. If it hasnt been called for discussion and votes, I assume they do not believe they have the numbers they need yet.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1469&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=101959&SessionID=91&GA=100

Hopefully we stop it in the House and if not, in the Senate.

I'm confused because I don't follow the local politics like many of you do on here. Can someone please fill me in as to what's going on as of 3/19/2018?

I heard there was a bill banning body armor for civilians and in the same bill we would be limited to 10 round magazines. Is this true?

Well since Chicago Democrats are too dumb to make the use of high capacity magazines or body armor in violent crimes a felony or making gun magazines prohibited item for felons, likely only law abiding citizens will be affected.

Bill has been filed HB1469, sneakily bypassed committee going directly to House for floor amendments.

Amendments and changes are still in the works according to rumors. If it hasnt been called for discussion and votes, I assume they do not believe they have the numbers they need yet.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1469&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=101959&SessionID=91&GA=100

So this is not likely to pass at this point? I'm really worried, I can't imagine living in a state so stupid that they ban Body Armor. I can live with 10 round mags, or 21+ to buy rifles, but this body armor thing is unbelievable.

Bill has been filed HB1469, sneakily bypassed committee going directly to House for floor amendments.

Amendments and changes are still in the works according to rumors. If it hasnt been called for discussion and votes, I assume they do not believe they have the numbers they need yet.http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1469&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=101959&SessionID=91&GA=100

So this is not likely to pass at this point? I'm really worried, I can't imagine living in a state so stupid that they ban Body Armor. I can live with 10 round mags, or 21+ to buy rifles, but this body armor thing is unbelievable.

Who said it wasn't likely to pass? Its common to hold bills while they work legislators for votes. They are also playing off emotions of officer killed by felon wearing body armor.

Its hard to predict but the House has passed pretty much everything brought to it recently. It will be important to contact your Rep asking them to vote against when / if it comes up.

Amendments and changes are still in the works according to rumors. If it hasnt been called for discussion and votes, I assume they do not believe they have the numbers they need yet.http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1469&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=101959&SessionID=91&GA=100

Calm down, nothing has happened yet.

There is one bill sitting on the governors desk getting ready to be vetoed.

As an FYI for OP, the bill at the desk is for a 72 hr wait on long guns ("assault weapons")

I'm confused because I don't follow the local politics like many of you do on here. Can someone please fill me in as to what's going on as of 3/19/2018?

I heard there was a bill banning body armor for civilians and in the same bill we would be limited to 10 round magazines. Is this true?

Welcome aboard !!!! Now is the time to start following politics because these are YOUR rights these politicians play with. Follow the posts of all of us and you'll learn a lot about what's going on, most importantly call your state Representative and Senator as well as Governor Rauner and demand that they vote NO to infringements on YOUR 2nd Amendment rights. You'll be surprised how into it all you'll become and how it feels to be part of the fight. More than ever we need all hands on deck.

If you can live with a 10 round mag limit and 21 to buy a gun what happens when the shootings continue? 5 years from now all semi autos are limited to 5 rounds and 21 years of age only after mandatory psychological exams by a state appointed physician? The next generation has only experienced these new laws so in 6-7 years when they require insurance and a $1000 fee attached to the 21 year old's application, it isn't quite the jolt it would have been for dad and grandpa.

I'd like to see a bill that prohibits all media from reporting, publishing and airing any opinion news on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays after 5 pm. Application and review committees should be established to oversee regulation. I believe a fee to publish on any media from Facebook to Blog to Website should be preceded by a state authorized license and a yearly tax.

Stand back and wipe your glasses folks.

If you can live with a 10 round mag limit and 21 to buy a gun what happens when the shootings continue? 5 years from now all semi autos are limited to 5 rounds and 21 years of age only after mandatory psychological exams by a state appointed physician? The next generation has only experienced these new laws so in 6-7 years when they require insurance and a $1000 fee attached to the 21 year old's application, it isn't quite the jolt it would have been for dad and grandpa.

I'd like to see a bill that prohibits all media from reporting, publishing and airing any opinion news on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays after 5 pm. Application and review committees should be established to oversee regulation. I believe a fee to publish on any media from Facebook to Blog to Website should be preceded by a state authorized license and a yearly tax.

The only way I would agree to under 21 year old adults not being able to buy firearms is that we consider anyone under 21 a minor and not an adult. So, no being drafted, no ability to enter into a legal contract, no ability to get married, no ability to vote, they are a minor if they are under 21.

If you are going to say they are an adult at 18 and hold them responsible like any other adult, then they get the full rights of an adult. They get to buy beer at 18, cigarettes at 18, firearms (both long and pistol) at 18, and vote at 18.

Either you treat them as adults or you treat them as minors, you can't do it halfway, that system is broken.

The only way I would agree to under 21 year old adults not being able to buy firearms is that we consider anyone under 21 a minor and not an adult. So, no being drafted, no ability to enter into a legal contract, no ability to get married, no ability to vote, they are a minor if they are under 21.

If you are going to say they are an adult at 18 and hold them responsible like any other adult, then they get the full rights of an adult. They get to buy beer at 18, cigarettes at 18, firearms (both long and pistol) at 18, and vote at 18.

Either you treat them as adults or you treat them as minors, you can't do it halfway, that system is broken.

I second that. All or nothing. I've told my senator as much.

Early reports say 3 shot so not a mass casualty evident.

I not sure that the fact that it wasn't a mass shooting really matters at this point. School shootings are a tragedy no matter how many victims there are. My point was that this is another shooting that our legislators will use to push their own agenda instead of fixing the fact that weapons are being allowed into schools and are not being detected at the door. Even though it may be an inconvenience or add delays but so what, metal detectors perhaps at school entrances. The have them at sporting events, airports, just to name two and I can't remember the last shooting I have heard at these events.

Early reports say 3 shot so not a mass casualty evident.

I not sure that the fact that it wasn't a mass shooting really matters at this point. School shootings are a tragedy no matter how many victims there are. My point was that this is another shooting that our legislators will use to push their own agenda instead of fixing the fact that weapons are being allowed into schools and are not being detected at the door. Even though it may be an inconvenience or add delays but so what, metal detectors perhaps at school entrances. The have them at sporting events, airports, just to name two and I can't remember the last shooting I have heard at these events.

Early reports seem to point to this being a good guy with gun (School Resource Officer) stopping the bad gun. So, in reality it bolsters our side actually..

Again, two innocent students were shot and to defuse the liberals about "bad guns, bad guns," let them know that we can prevent them from coming into the school. Metal detectors, and as far as invasion of their privacy,...we lost that after 9/11. We are in protection mode now and to save lives some security measure are now required, end of discussion. As stated we have them at courthouse, airports, sporting events, wherever they serve a greater good.

Archived